OFFICIAL TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY THREAD- SPLASH THE CASH EDITION

Guest Gazzaswfc

I rekon we will go in for Doyle blunts linked but championship football will clinch it we Deffo need to make a statement signing

Guest Frickley Owl

I rekon we will go in for Doyle blunts linked but championship football will clinch it we Deffo need to make a statement signing

And a bloke who failed to be a prolific striker at a handful of Irish clubs, then was less successful than our own Stevie in Scotland, before having an out of character brilliant season in English third division is a 'statement signing' is it? If he was 23 or under id say yes as a development player, at almost 27 and one good season at a lower level id say not.

Edited by Frickley Owl

Guest Gazzaswfc

And a bloke who failed to be a prolific striker at a handful of Irish clubs, then was less successful than our own Stevie in Scotland, before having an out of character brilliant season in English third division is a 'statement signing' is it? If he was 23 or under id say yes as a development player, at almost 27 and one good season at a lower level id say not.

did not mean he would be the statement signing I think there will be others & a surprise one that no one as mentioned

Be careful. Easy to destroy team spirit by acquiring half a team in one day in mid season especially if new young kids knock our own down the pecking order. Gray has a tricky balancing act to pull off

Agreed.

Although sometimes with these things a manager is "under orders" to get a few in like Irvine was in Milan's first window. A couple of the signings only lasted six months

Guest wilyfox

Morning lads, lasses and lady-boys.

Dom Howson

There have been reports suggesting #SWFC are close to signing #MUFC defender Marnick Vermijl. Is certainly a player they are interested in.

I think some of you are gonna be bitterly disappointed.

once spurious 'billions 'were stupidly talked about,  it's fairly obvious the level of expectation wouls be pumped up too far by the kids on here.  This isn't helped by every agent worth his salt  using our apparent wealth as a billboard to advertise their players

wind your necks in and just imagine we are working to a tight budget - we may be surprised that way, I've seen countless windows open and shut with a whimper of   "it's ok we'll emergency loan em in 2 weeks!"

messi and ronaldo don't fly on mondays -fact -so they aint coming

Edited by steelowl