Sergiu Bus

I don't care if we get the same Stevie May or the same Atdhe Nuhiu as long as one or both of them start scoring because they can't continue in the team if they don't.

May's honeymoon is surely over now - he can't keep his place on good will and potential. I prefer Nuhiu over May but I'd have Nuhiu straight out of the side if May started scoring. Unfortunately, I can't see either scoring in the near future and, as much as I like Nuhiu and want May to show some goalscoring form (we bought him as a goalscorer), I'd move them both on to other clubs if we can bring in better on permanent contracts.

There is no sentiment in successful football - only ruthlessness and winners!

I'd move on any player if we can sign better to be fair.

I'm not sure the solution to our problems is one player though, if bus doesn't get the support from midfield, or gets isolated up top as a lone striker, or lack of service from the wide men, or only gets the ball 40 yards out, or gets two half chances every game, he won't score either.

I'm hoping that he allows gray to play a more attacking style, but we need another wide player capable of taking a man on and delivering.

If we are upping the wage bill then I'd keep the ones we have along with the new signings at least till the summer.

Bound to be more injuries and suspension.

Besides....too many out in one go can have a big effect on the cohesion of the side.

Add first - remove later 

Both Nuhiu and May have missed sitters, that's a fact. But the main issue for me is the lack of quality and creativity in midfield. They get the odd decent ball here and there....the rest of the time it's just woeful.

I think it'll be a problem for Bus as well.

McGugan... step forward.

I'd move on any player if we can sign better to be fair.

I'm not sure the solution to our problems is one player though, if bus doesn't get the support from midfield, or gets isolated up top as a lone striker, or lack of service from the wide men, or only gets the ball 40 yards out, or gets two half chances every game, he won't score either.

I'm hoping that he allows gray to play a more attacking style, but we need another wide player capable of taking a man on and delivering.

Absolutely. I was talking generally. I think the point that I was (rather poorly) trying to make is that, now we seem to be in the market for buying players, we don't necessarily have to firstly, live with the inability of Nuhiu and May to score and secondly, reconcile ourselves with the fact that one has the ability to hold up the ball and the other "has potential". I personally don't think that either will score on a consistent basis and let's face it, chances have been made that Nuhiu hasn't taken and May has been positioned nowhere near (through his own bad play) Edited by shandypants

Guest owl from retford

Its ok signing a striker but he is not going to score without the service hopefully before the window shuts we can at least sign a winger and creative midfielder would love Mcgugan back need to get rid of Madine,Coke,Mccabe,Corry

I think we'll see a totally different Stevie May with some proper service and a partner who can play football.

I also agree, as I think there is a good Championship striker in there. However, Shandy is quite correct too and there is no place for emotional decisions or "thinking" someone can do it. Sooner (rather than later) results need to be seen. The fact that we might now actually be able to afford a fee for players also adds to the mix and perhaps the pressure on the current squad will only go up.

I also agree, as I think there is a good Championship striker in there. However, Shandy is quite correct too and there is no place for emotional decisions or "thinking" someone can do it. Sooner (rather than later) results need to be seen. The fact that we might now actually be able to afford a fee for players also adds to the mix and perhaps the pressure on the current squad will only go up.

I can only see May improving if we recruit someone to play alongside him and present him with the chances (ala Teddy Sheringham, Peter Beardsley) because he appears to be struggling with the pressure of making his own chances. Unfortunately, after watching the YouTube clips, it appears that Bus isn't a player that makes chances but takes them which put Bus in direct competition with May because no team plays with two "goalscorers" up top.

I think the pro-May lot may be frustrated.

Edited by shandypants

I can only see May improving if we recruit someone to play alongside him and present him with the chances (ala Teddy Sheringham, Peter Beardsley) because he appears to be struggling with the pressure of making his own chances. Unfortunately, after watching the YouTube clips, it appears that Bus isn't a player that makes chances but takes them which put Bus in direct competition with May because no team plays with two "goalscorers" up top.

Burnley did .

I still think May will come good in time , Nuhiu has had a lot longer to adapt to the cut and thrust of the championship and I don't think he can adapt any more where as may is young and has been thrust into it from virtually day one presumably because of the price tag ,(who knows) which in all respect we were led to believe he was our savior  and was expected to bust the net from his arrival onwards ,If you have played at any level you should know it takes  a player time to fit in some longer than others , admmitedly (SP)some take the bull by the horns and it works from the off others take longer , but that said the midfield needs to be good enough to feed the forwards at a regular rate if this dosent happen then any striker worth his salt will struggle ,moving on though  tbh I think Niuhu and May are not suited as a partnership when played together  but that is my thoughts on the matter others no doubt will dissagree , maybe may and bus will work better or niuhu and bus , or kean and may or nuhiu and kean ,, who knows where the answer lies but until tried we are where we are , that said though the midfield have to up the anti and maybe if with copious amounts of luck we can get Magoogan in then if played correctly that could be the start and end to our troubles up top ,

I think Teddy and Peter are a bit past it mate. 

I think we'll see a totally different Stevie May with some proper service and a partner who can play football.

Absolutely.

The lad knows where the net is. You don't score 80 plus goals before you're 22 if you don't, regardless of the level. They're the same size in Scotland.

He's not even been anywhere near as bad for us as some like to make out either. Desperately unlucky not to be on at least double what he's currently on when you consider the disallowed goals, the times he's hit the woodwork or had one cleared off the line.

He'd be first choice for me currently. No question. I'd be trying to build a team around him, but that's just me. The goals will come.

Yeah thats what I mean . I would like to see him in a team with a quality winger or an intelligent strike partner.