FA CUP DRAW - MANCHESTER CITY AWAY !

Please...god....no.

I can't deal with the stress of trying to get tickets.

I can't deal with losing count of what the score was (that genuinely happened....)

I can't deal with their shitty little posh advertising boards that kept messing with my peripheral vision.

I can't deal with that journey to Manchester with all the flipping road works.

I can't deal with paying £3 for a coke and it came in a plastic cup.

I can't deal with how thick their fans were.

I can't deal with the accents.

I can't deal with ACTUAL TV adverts being shown on the big screens during half-time.

I JUST CAN'T DO IT AGAIN!

You'd be a mental wreck if we ever got in the premiership

I'm hoping for the lowest ranked team left in the draw. Then it's hopefully a passage into the next round and a TV appearance (with cash).

The wish list...

Blades                      8

Blythe                       7

Man City                   6

Liverpool & Spurs     4 

Chelsea                    3

Bradford                    3

Gateshead                3

Man U                       3

Bournemouth            3

Arsenal                     3  

Charlton                    3

Cambridge                2

Palace                       2

Everton                     2

Wrexham                  2

West Ham                 2

Bar                            21 all one vote each.

That leaves 27 without a mention . The most surprising thing that has really changed in all my years of the cup is there are now people actually who hope for an away draw. What's all that about, why would you hope for an away draw ?

P.S. My Ipswich away is a prediction rather than a hope. My hope would be one of the non-League sides at Hillsborough !

The wish list...

Blades 8

Blythe 7

Man City 6

Liverpool & Spurs 4

Chelsea 3

Bradford 3

Gateshead 3

Man U 3

Bournemouth 3

Arsenal 3

Charlton 3

Cambridge 2

Palace 2

Everton 2

Wrexham 2

West Ham 2

Bar 21 all one vote each.

That leaves 27 without a mention . The most surprising thing that has really changed in all my years of the cup is there are now people actually who hope for an away draw. What's all that about, why would you hope for an away draw ?

P.S. My Ipswich away is a prediction rather than a hope. My hope would be one of the non-League sides at Hillsborough !

I'm hoping for an away draw against lower league opposition - get a trip to a groundwe haven't been to for a while e.g. Bradford. However, if it's a rubbish away trip like Donny or Scunthorpe I wont be happy.

I've got a feeling we'll get the Pigs.

There's a strong possibility by the laws of probability bearing in mind all the teams called United, that we'll get some United or another, although the same could be said for City. lol

My guess is we'll get the Pigs or a un-glamorous tie against someone like Colchester United, although personally I'd love for us to get Manchester United or West Ham United at home. Preferably we'll get a home tie against someone crap with a decent chance of scraping through. Ideally I'd love for us to go on a Cup run and make the play-off's but our squad depth suggests we'd only be able to manage one or the other. In some ways there's more chance of us making the SF's with the luck of the draw than there is of realistically making top 6 if you think about it (squad depth and budget).

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

I'm pretty excited by this.

I always am.

It's always a let down, one way or another...at some point down the line.

Was on cloud 9 when we got Man City - spent two weeks panicking about getting tickets.....eventually got them.

What a waste of enthusiasm that was.

We'll either get a massive side and get battered. Or we'll get a poo poo side where if we win, no one cares....and if we lose...we're poo poo.

Ahhh the magic of the cup.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Wireless will be tuned in.

Y'know, I just hope we get someone beatable.

Also.  Is COG eligible to play for the Blunts in this competition? 

If so let me know and I'll make sure to avoid OT for a month before or after our inevitable meeting with them. 

I always am.

It's always a let down, one way or another...at some point down the line.

Was on cloud 9 when we got Man City - spent two weeks panicking about getting tickets.....eventually got them.

What a waste of enthusiasm that was.

We'll either get a massive side and get battered. Or we'll get a poo poo side where if we win, no one cares....and if we lose...we're poo poo.

Ahhh the magic of the cup.

Oh FO, FO.

Stop spoiling the joy.