Interested ?

Closed down Hootie. Used to be my Dad's not so local local.

When he died, my brother and I put a part of the doorframe in his coffin to be cremated with him.

Would've had a few pints there too prior to the funeral, had it not shut down.

Wow, It's around 25 years since we used to pub crawl

We used to start off at the Claymore or Mulberry, then the Blue Ball, Dove and Rainbow, we'd sometimes go Campo lane and the two pubs near the top, I think one was Golden Ball, or alternatively head to the Stonehouse, then on to the Red Lion, Saddle, West Street Hotel, sometimes in the Irish pub a bit lower down, or continue up West street and finish at The Hallamshire Hotel.

I'd be interested to know how many are still standing.  I met the wife during one of these pub crawls, in the West Street Hotel, I'm told it's called West Street Live now.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

The first question I asked myself is why a billionaire in his 60's with no apparent historical interest in football would be interested in buying a financially poor performing mid table championship football club with an ageing stadium.

tsk tsk  get with the promo hirsty you never know who's googling us

Sheffield Wednesday FC are a great club with history and tradition from the birth place of football - with a world wide unique name,  just 3 players away from a playoff team, then it's takeoff- The ground needs ahem a tin of paint, but crowds of 30k+ every week are a touch of perceived ambition away 

The first question I asked myself is why a billionaire in his 60's with no apparent historical interest in football would be interested in buying a financially poor performing mid table championship football club with an ageing stadium.

Shits and giggles?

my first question is do we want an owner who cant even find his way out the VIP area without getting lost.

Attic train set for the uber rich

Guest jeffrey
Posted · Hidden by Lees Tom Cat, December 4, 2014 - name calling?
Hidden by Lees Tom Cat, December 4, 2014 - name calling?

Wouldn't wish to put Zippy's and Bungle's noses out of joint.

nob head

Because it is business Hirsty...something I keep banging on about on here. There are those who say "it is different"....it isn't mate, it's business....

Guest conisbrough

If he can consider spending £600 million on a yacht a mere £100 million layout on a football club would be no poblem. His reported wealth seems to be vastly understated considering his purchases.

The video indicates he likes to have items which indicate status. He points out a yacht is one of those items well a football club is too, so he could be in maket for a club.

Also have to agree with earlier comment re Omani's they are much easier to deal with than individuals some other middle eastern countries.

Would seem to a good option as an owner, however only orignal poster knows if there is any truth in the post.

TAKEOVER :tango:  :tango:  :tango: Could it just be another rumour to keep the natives calm :milan: THERE WILL BE NO TAKEOVER WE ARE NOT IN LONDON.

TAKEOVER :tango::tango::tango: Could it just be another rumour to keep the natives calm :milan: THERE WILL BE NO TAKEOVER WE ARE NOT IN LONDON.

what does being in London have anything to do with it manchesters not in London but city had a massive takeover but I agree bout no takeover

my first question is do we want an owner who cant even find his way out the VIP area without getting lost.

He should ask that freeloader Sammy Yu where the exit is................... he knows the VIP area inside out.