Westwood/Springett

Selective memory?

Hodge and Turner preceded Pressy while Woods was Englands keeper when he was signed (and continued to be so)

I understand that the here and now is all football fans generally think about - but Pressman was a brilliant keeper for us - better than Carson, Grant, Turner and yes, Westwood

When Weestwood turns in consistently high performances in the premier then lets re-evaluate

ExcuseI me but both Hodge and Turner were at the club at the same time as Kevin, in fact he was dropped after the quarter final in the league cup and replaced by Turner. Francis then bought Woods and played him leaving Kevin in the reserves for a couple of seasons. I then think Pleat (not sure )bought Pavel somethingorother and he replaced Pressman for a while. I think Pressman was dropped five times in his Wednesday career which doesn't happen to top class keepers. 

I am not having a go at the Kevin because I believe he was a top class keeper and saved us on many occasions especially against the pigs but the question was Springett or Westwood and Pressman came into the discussion and I gave my opinion.

ExcuseI me but both Hodge and Turner were at the club at the same time as Kevin, in fact he was dropped after the quarter final in the league cup and replaced by Turner. Francis then bought Woods and played him leaving Kevin in the reserves for a couple of seasons. I then think Pleat (not sure )bought Pavel somethingorother and he replaced Pressman for a while. I think Pressman was dropped five times in his Wednesday career which doesn't happen to top class keepers. 

I am not having a go at the Kevin because I believe he was a top class keeper and saved us on many occasions especially against the pigs but the question was Springett or Westwood and Pressman came into the discussion and I gave my opinion.

You didn't say they were at the club at the same time....you said that Hodge was brought in to replace Pressman.....which he quite clearly wasn't.....Hodge was the established first choice goalkeeper while Pressman was coming through the youth set up

You didn't say they were at the club at the same time....you said that Hodge was brought in to replace Pressman.....which he quite clearly wasn't.....Hodge was the established first choice goalkeeper while Pressman was coming through the youth set up

Astonishing to suggest Hodge and Turner didn't precede Pressman as Wednesday keeper

The best keeper we have had in the last 40 years wasn't even ours. Scott Carson.

Westwood is running him very close. As for Pressman, I always thought Martin Hodge was a better keeper.

Deffo tho personally i'd rate Hodge in front of Westwood ..........yet, because Westwood hasn't been here long enough for a proper judgement.

Hodge is undoubtedly the best Keeper we've had in the time i've been going imo

We've been blessed down the years with some cracking keepers and great ones for the particular division we found ourselves in Lucas for example was brilliant under Sturrock at times. Lee Grant when we got promoted, neither would make many peoples lists of best ever for us but both IMO were pushing best in the particular divisions we were in when we had them

We weren't praising Westwood last week when he let that 2nd Watford goal slip through.

Springett was with us Feb 1958(approx) to about May 1967.  Over 9 years.

I can only remember 2 real howlers from Ron.  Both against Fulham at Hillsbro.  Ron was born in Fulham and grew up supporting them.

Coincidence or what?  Conspiracy theories to be written on the back of a £20 note please and posted to me.

Oh, I'm not knocking Westwood by the way. He's the main reason we are halfway up the table.  Just pleased he didn't play at Man City... that could have knocked his confidence.

We weren't praising Westwood last week when he let that 2nd Watford goal slip through.

Springett was with us Feb 1958(approx) to about May 1967.  Over 9 years.

I can only remember 2 real howlers from Ron.  Both against Fulham at Hillsbro.  Ron was born in Fulham and grew up supporting them.

Coincidence or what?  Conspiracy theories to be written on the back of a £20 note please and posted to me.

Oh, I'm not knocking Westwood by the way. He's the main reason we are halfway up the table.  Just pleased he didn't play at Man City... that could have knocked his confidence.

imo the injury a minute or so before contributed to that 

Thoughts on Peter Grummitt 121 appearances for us and Player of the Year in 1971.

I seem to remember he was quite good and agile at the time.

Sadly, I only remember that goal he conceded at Bumhole Stain that went through his legs in a 3-2 defeat.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Springett was way before my time so can't comment on how good he was.

The first keeper I saw when I started supporting us was Pressman.  Always thought he was quality for us.

I remember one season, Pressman was having a cracking season and he should have made the England squad, but was called up to the England B team and never got a look in after that.

Does anyone remember the save Pressman made when he dived one way, then in mid air changed directions and saved the ball going the other way, can't remember the game though.

Forgot to mention Westwood.  For me the best keeper we've had since Pressman.  Think Kirkland has been immense for us as well.  

As someone pointed out earlier, Westwood has only just recently been with us. He's going to need to rack up a lot of saves and appearances if we are going to compare him to Pressman/Springett.

Thoughts on Peter Grummitt 121 appearances for us and Player of the Year in 1971.

I seem to remember he was quite good and agile at the time.

good keeper grummitt in a poor side and would get in the top 10 in the list of keepers i´ve seen .