Claude Dielna signs OFFICIAL

First thoughts from me were........WHO?

Doing some research seems to suggest we have a decent player who is not exactly an unknown quantity, seems to be the real deal already.    Good in the tackle, has a bit of pace and plays the ball out of defence.

My only question reading these things about the guy is, how have we got him on a free?    He doesn't even seem to be a crock etc so what's the catch?

Or am I being too mindset in "the Wednesday way" assuming something must be wrong with this signing that I am not seeing from the reports I see online?

Doing some research seems to suggest we have a decent player who is not exactly an unknown quantity, seems to be the real deal already.    Good in the tackle, has a bit of pace and plays the ball out of defence.

My only question reading these things about the guy is, how have we got him on a free?    He doesn't even seem to be a crock etc so what's the catch?

Or am I being too mindset in "the Wednesday way" assuming something must be wrong with this signing that I am not seeing from the reports I see online?

Supporting Wednesday makes you cynical and always expect the worst. 

Whilst I'm happy with any signing surely a winger should have come in before another CB? Also looking at his stats he never player a competitive game for Olympiakos

They're a very very good side. Just sold Manolas (a CB) to Roma. Play CL football. I'd be surprised if we managed to get a player that played regularly for them. 

Promising that Prem and Champ teams were looking at him last season, even though ive never heard of him.

He must have played regularly in France's top div, guessing thats similar standard to Championship overall? Must be a wide range of teams abilities there.

Shows some decent players are still out of contract so are there any forward players too?

Is it just me that thinks this has the smell of a mamadov type signing like some of the players we were linked with like Brando and others

We've been in for French players in the past though - long before Mammadov came on the scene - Coulibally for example, who incidentally now plays for the team Dielna played for last season, AC Ajaccio.

Do you ever listen to Gray instead of the constant moaning over everything and anything?

Gray has said he can't predict what order the players become available, he can't predict what order he signs players.

So if a CB became available and he was good do we turn him down because we need a winger first?

Okay what in saying is do we really need another CB? I would say that's one position we are doing okay for. I would rather the money on this lads wages be spent on a winger or a creative midfield player Edited by WalthamOwl

We've been in for French players in the past though - long before Mammadov came on the scene - Coulibally for example, who incidentally now plays for the team Dielna played for last season, AC Ajaccio.

Still think his people/scouts may have put a word in grays/clubs ear

Doing some research seems to suggest we have a decent player who is not exactly an unknown quantity, seems to be the real deal already. Good in the tackle, has a bit of pace and plays the ball out of defence.

My only question reading these things about the guy is, how have we got him on a free? He doesn't even seem to be a crock etc so what's the catch?

Agree but I also thought the same about Westwood too, shows they are available early on. The club deserves credit with its scouting on out of contract players, some really good business getting Lees, Hutchison also on frees. At least our scouting department seems to be much improved now, would just like to see a couple of procen attacking players now even if they do cost some money.

Claude Dielna career record

Lorient

Apps 0

Goals 0

Istres

Apps 62

Goals 1

Olympiacos 

Apps 0

Goals 0

Sedan

Apps 25

Goals 2

Ajaccio

Apps 22

Goals 0

Seems like a good Championship player, Could come In and do a Job straight away. 

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Claude Dielna

Good that he can cover full back too because Helan is definitely a midfielder not a defender.

I wonder if we'll ever see Gray lining us up with 3 CBs now? He wants to play 2 up top but against the best teams like today this can leave us out gunned in the middle. 352 would solve that.

Could be a mammadov recommendation but he does seem to be a player well known to English scouts and was he on trial at Blackpool?

Zayatte came here with a similar background so I'll reserve judgement for now, but best of luck to him.

We must be pretty pleased with him to sign him up for that long. Hopefully more of a Bougherra than a zayatte lol