Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Derby County manager Steve McClaren has confirmed trialist Alassane Toure has made a good impression.

The 25-year-old defender is a free agent following the conclusion on his contract with Lens in France and is keen to win a deal in England.

McClaren has brought in young defender Cyrus Christie from Coventry City over the summer, although right-back Toure would provide some additional experience.

Toure came off the bench in last week's friendly against Notts County and flew with the squad to Austria for their clash against Russian side Zenit St Petersburg.

McClaren is not ruling out a move for the French defender, although the Pride Park outfit could well face competition for the player’s signature.

"We had a good look at Alassane and we liked the boy," McClaren told the Derby Telegraph.

The Paris-born defender, who also qualifies for Ivory Coast, came through the ranks at Toulouse and has spent the past five seasons with Lens.

Lens won promotion to Ligue 1 last season and while they offered him the chance to remain at Stade Felix-Bollaert he is keen on a fresh challenge in England.

UK-based agent Tra Desmond told Sky Sports: "Toure has options in France, but the chance to play in England appeals. There are other clubs interested. We'll see what happens."

The guy who started the rumor of him to wednesday is a rc lens fan who is also starting rumours about change of coaches at Wednesday too, just a fan on a wind up

@EGP07: Quid de la piste Yohan Demont à Sheffield ? #swfc #coach

Edited by dw_sheffwed

Well it's not unheard of for a player to be on trial at one club and sign for another, Marlon Harewood would be an especially pertinent example?

Nuhiu

Or my all time favourite...Ryan France! I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that we missed out on such a quality player to our local rivals.

lol

Guest stocksbridgeowl

work it out. what do u get if you have no money? sweet f a.

we don't even have the cash for replica shirts. In fact any decent stock in the so called shop. Went in on Tues. and was told 'no idea'

So this talk of wickham etc. is juvenile, purile sh*te.

You pay your money, we might not be the best, but at least don't lie and take the pi**.

another season of scrapping around the bottom 6. I would rarther be in div 1.

work it out. what do u get if you have no money? sweet f a.

we don't even have the cash for replica shirts. In fact any decent stock in the so called shop. Went in on Tues. and was told 'no idea'

So this talk of wickham etc. is juvenile, purile sh*te.

You pay your money, we might not be the best, but at least don't lie and take the pi**.

another season of scrapping around the bottom 6. I would rarther be in div 1.

Thank you for your educated, positive and well-thought out opinion. 

I hope there's plenty more to come.