Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest BirdonaMaguire

U21 games are a poor way of judging a players competence at a competitive level. They mean nothing.

Take away the Rotherham game, and McCabe's barely put a foot wrong when he's played. Steady at worst, and excellent on a couple of occasions.

Only way anybody can claim he's not good enough, is if they take Dave Jones' and Stuart Gray's judgement of a player as gospel.

Based on what I've seen of him, he's good enough to play at championship level, and could have potentially been a big player for us now if he'd been given the multiple opportunities that Coke and Prutton (proven failures at this level) were given.

I'm not convinced about Corry though. Showed some glimpses of class and can certainly pass a ball, but he's looked lost most times I've seen him play. Definitely potential, but desperately needs a couple of good loan moves.

Whilst I agree U21's isn't the best way to judge a players competence it is a way of judging his attitude, and both have lacked the desire to perform in the games I've seen.

McCabe just hasn't taken whatever chances he's had and held on to em, I can think of probably three games where he's shone, Hull, Charlton and Derby, the rest just pale in to the background for me.

Corry and McCabe get too much crap on here. We've not seen much of either, they need a bit of time and confidence. Jones probably didn't like either just like fellow feisty young celt Maguire.

I would like to see them both perform well next season but there's a part of me that believes we're going to get players much better than them both. We might as well loan them out and see what happens.

Guest Fedor

Somebody mention gary megson

Bring him back I say.

Don't tell Beholder but I've heard from a very strong source that Megson is the man Mammadov has lined up to replace Gray.

lol lol

Cardiff have accepted £900,000 bids from Leicester and Palace for Fraizer Campbell. Cheap as chips that. Compare that to McCormack £11M and £8M for Ulloa! Oh and Barcelona's Bojan who signed for Stoke for £3M yesterday. Some real perspective in terms of strikers prices.

Cardiff have accepted £900,000 bids from Leicester and Palace for Fraizer Campbell. Cheap as chips that. Compare that to McCormack £11M and £8M for Ulloa! Oh and Barcelona's Bojan who signed for Stoke for £3M yesterday. Some real perspective in terms of strikers prices.

3million for Bojan thats cheap. Thought the fee was undisclosed

that's a reyt bargain compared to the 8 to 11 million pounds being spent on championship strikers.

Used as perspective.

Ross McCormack £11M

Leonardo Ulloa £8M

Bojan Krkic £3M

Callum Wilson £3M

Fraizer Campbell £0.9M

Francis Jeffers £0.75M

The initial out lay for Campbell, does look cheap as chips. But if if you combine his weekly wage I'm guessing he's not that cheap. UTO

Used as perspective.

Ross McCormack £11M

Leonardo Ulloa £8M

Bojan Krkic £3M

Callum Wilson £3M

Fraizer Campbell £0.9M

Francis Jeffers £0.75M

One thing is for sure, transfer fees are all over the place.  Throw in 63 million for James Rodriguez as well, you could buy a football club and then some for that price.

Whilst I agree U21's isn't the best way to judge a players competence it is a way of judging his attitude, and both have lacked the desire to perform in the games I've seen.

McCabe just hasn't taken whatever chances he's had and held on to em, I can think of probably three games where he's shone, Hull, Charlton and Derby, the rest just pale in to the background for me.

He was very good vs brum at home too just to be picky. But in all seriousness you've touched on the one thing that I reckon could be the issue with McCabe, attitude.

Perhaps there's a problem there and it's that, as opposed to ability, that's held him back.

A very negative assessment of our players.

Not realism, just negative.

Why is it negative?

Just been honest, doesn't mean I don't rate some of the players, if paired with the right type of player/players. My assessment was based on a previous post saying that we don't need another Central Midfielder, when in my opinion we are crying out for a box to box and/or attacking midfielder.

I think with the 6 midfielders I mentioned, we would struggle to score half a dozen goals between them.

Why is it negative?

Just been honest, doesn't mean I don't rate some of the players, if paired with the right type of player/players. My assessment was based on a previous post saying that we don't need another Central Midfielder, when in my opinion we are crying out for a box to box and/or attacking midfielder.

I think with the 6 midfielders I mentioned, we would struggle to score half a dozen goals between them.

Ok fair do's. I only saw the post in isolation.

Yes we do need goals from midfield and I think we will bring one in.

Preferably one who can put them in from a set piece.

We need a midfielder with attacking and defensive qualities like you say. Many we have now are strong defensively.