Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest Big Guns

I can see Corry packing football in by Xmas, and McCabe being sent out on loan at best.

We have plenty of central midfield options, just none of them good enough.

Semedo = Great defensive attributes, but poor passing and no creativity or goals.

Lee = very tidy on the ball, but a bit lightweight, not that creative and no goals.

Hutchinson = IMO better at Centre Half, and held together by sticky tape.

Corry = Not good enough at this level.

McCabe = Not good enough at this level.

Coke = Not good enough at this level.

Why can't we have a midfielder that can tackle, pass and shoot?

yep a very good assesment there only the clappers  and the weirdos will disagree with that 

If we are to play passing football, then Lee, McCabe and Corry could be important players for us, sadly though it seems that Gray doesn't rate McCabe or Corry 1 bit. Shames, as neither did anything to deserve such treatment. Coke did much worst then both, but for some reason keeps getting fresh chances.

To be honest, neither were doing themselves any good last season. 

That they're given a second chance no suggests that Gray actually rates them, or at least believes in their potential. 

Hopefully they'll come good. 

yep a very good assesment there only the clappers  and the weirdos will disagree with that 

:biggrin:

That is a decent signing for the dingles

I can see Corry packing football in by Xmas, and McCabe being sent out on loan at best.

We have plenty of central midfield options, just none of them good enough.

Semedo = Great defensive attributes, but poor passing and no creativity or goals.

Lee = very tidy on the ball, but a bit lightweight, not that creative and no goals.

Hutchinson = IMO better at Centre Half, and held together by sticky tape.

Corry = Not good enough at this level.

McCabe = Not good enough at this level.

Coke = Not good enough at this level.

Why can't we have a midfielder that can tackle, pass and shoot?

Agree with all that.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

If we are to play passing football, then Lee, McCabe and Corry could be important players for us, sadly though it seems that Gray doesn't rate McCabe or Corry 1 bit. Shames, as neither did anything to deserve such treatment. Coke did much worst then both, but for some reason keeps getting fresh chances.

I don't think it's that he 'doesn't rate' them but perhaps, unlike you, he sees them in training every day and forms his assessment from that, certainly based on the few U21 games I saw last season neither Corry nor McCabe warranted a place in the first team.

I'd have gone for Coke over McCabe and Corry in the system we were playing at the back end of the season.

He's stronger and much more physical, attributes you'd look for when covering for Semedo's injury and Hutchinsons fitness problems/suspensions.

If Lee was injured you'd presume McCabe would have taken that slot.

I don't think it's that he 'doesn't rate' them but perhaps, unlike you, he sees them in training every day and forms his assessment from that, certainly based on the few U21 games I saw last season neither Corry nor McCabe warranted a place in the first team.

I think they both showed a lot while we tried to play passing football, and were given very little playing time after that. I understand why they weren't picked while we tried to play route one stuff fighting for survival, though.

Development squad games were never mirror to be judged upon. Maguire, Mattock, and number of others did very little there, yet they are doing very well for the first team.

McCabe looked to me as a real good player, but left without tiniest bit of confidence, who needed arm around him, and some playing time when we were able to afford it. After he was dropped from the team, he got few minutes there, and few minutes here to impress, but much more experienced players would struggle to impress in such a short window of time.

Corry actually never did anything wrong. In my opinion he was our best player in televised games against Leeds and Boro, started in important wins against Ipswich and Peterborough, and never got chance again. Technically & tactically really good, but lacking in physical department, still I believe he would be great in 4-2-3-1 formation if we would keep a focus on ball retention, as Gray said we will.

Were I dreaming or one of our players actually said that Corry is the most skillful player at our club ?!

I'd have gone for Coke over McCabe and Corry in the system we were playing at the back end of the season.

He's stronger and much more physical, attributes you'd look for when covering for Semedo's injury and Hutchinsons fitness problems/suspensions.

If Lee was injured you'd presume McCabe would have taken that slot.

Fair enough :)

And Jones was watching Maguire and Lee in the training every day... Your point was ?! :blush:

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Maguire and Jones didn't click, thankfully that issue and Kieran Lee finding form means that's irrelevant unlike McCabe and Corry, I don't get your weird loving of average midfielders who you've barely seen play.

Maguire and Jones didn't click, thankfully that issue and Kieran Lee finding form means that's irrelevant unlike McCabe and Corry, I don't get your weird loving of average midfielders who you've barely seen play.

Pretty sure it's more about getting behind young prospects who were once highly rated and the hopes they'll develop at the club we support and love and will become breakout stars :)

Things you can count on....malek's complete overegging of a sideways passing short midfielder..

McCabe and Corry are both L1 / 2 midfielders who will earn a decent living but shouldn't come within a mile of a promotion/play off chasing Championship team

Corey and McCabe have bags of ability but need to cut it at league 1 level on loan before we can look at them as championship level players.

Lee is quality and should be a first choice in a promotion chasing team. Has all the attributes that a good central mid needs. Obviously needs goals but he knows that and I don't believe that to be beyond him.

I see coke in a similar vain but he needs to sort his consistency out. When he is on song he shines, even at this level. He is athletic, has good technique and can score goals.

Semedo has consistency and energy and attitude. Obviously lacks creatively.

Palmer I see as more of a fullback. He seems to lack confidence on attacking areas. Whether he can gain that I don't know, but that is why I see him as a defensive minded player. He is a chorion ship standard player though. Possibly prem if he sorts some stuff out.

Forgot to mention hutch.

Premiership quality. Can turn his hand to most positions but is more comfortable as a defensive mid or right back.

Be interested to see how he plays cb.

Has got a shot on him so expect him to chip in with a few goals this season too

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Pretty sure it's more about getting behind young prospects who were once highly rated and the hopes they'll develop at the club we support and love and will become breakout stars :)

Possibly so, but his hopes are based on very little actual match action from players.

U21 games are a poor way of judging a players competence at a competitive level. They mean nothing.

Take away the Rotherham game, and McCabe's barely put a foot wrong when he's played. Steady at worst, and excellent on a couple of occasions.

Only way anybody can claim he's not good enough, is if they take Dave Jones' and Stuart Gray's judgement of a player as gospel.

Based on what I've seen of him, he's good enough to play at championship level, and could have potentially been a big player for us now if he'd been given the multiple opportunities that Coke and Prutton (proven failures at this level) were given.

I'm not convinced about Corry though. Showed some glimpses of class and can certainly pass a ball, but he's looked lost most times I've seen him play. Definitely potential, but desperately needs a couple of good loan moves.

Guest Fedor

I didn't mention cog so you can relax Fedor. Enjoy the sun.

We all know you hate COG because it suits your anti-Megson agenda.