Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Fredericks would be a decent signing. It all depends on Buxton's fitness and if we need someone to cover if he's out again. With news that takeover might be completed this week and CM is a area we need to strengthen. A good signing for us would be Owen Garvan. Sky have said that championship clubs are after him. Whenever we played against him looked a class act. Only 26, scores goals from midfield and would help us keep ball a lot better than maybe other midfield options.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9391037/transfer-news-owen-garvan-assessing-options-with-a-return-to-ipswich-possible

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Although i agree, Owen Garvan is a good player. I'd be surprised if we sign him been as we are close to signing Tardieu. If we signed Garvan as well that would leave us with 8 CM's...

Agreed, I think bringing in another CM including Tardieu depends on how younger CMs have gone in pre season. If likes of Corry, McCabe haven't impressed they will get loaned out. Also Hutchinson did well in CM last season but does Gray see him as a CB this year. Good issues to have, it would be great if Tardieu, Corry and McCabe are all pushing for places will be good competition for first team. 

I can see Corry packing football in by Xmas, and McCabe being sent out on loan at best.

We have plenty of central midfield options, just none of them good enough.

Semedo = Great defensive attributes, but poor passing and no creativity or goals.

Lee = very tidy on the ball, but a bit lightweight, not that creative and no goals.

Hutchinson = IMO better at Centre Half, and held together by sticky tape.

Corry = Not good enough at this level.

McCabe = Not good enough at this level.

Coke = Not good enough at this level.

Why can't we have a midfielder that can tackle, pass and shoot?

Edited by royalowlisback

I can see Corry packing football in by Xmas, and McCabe being sent out on loan at best.

Semedo = Great defensive attributes, but poor passing and no creativity or goals.

Lee = very tidy on the ball, but a bit lightweight, not that creative and no goals.

I'd get rid of Corry and Coke out of that list. Still got a feeling McCabe will be good, and I don't have a clue why because he's done flip all so far.

If Tardieu is a creative, attacking player then we might have to play a 4-3-3 to fit Lee into the team as they'd probably get bullied if it was just them 2 together. 

Or a 4-2-3-1, Lee and Hutch sitting in front of the back four would be decent.

Guest LEGEND

Lee is pretty creative, very elegant passer of the ball and most importantly has a footballing brain.

I wouldnt ever play hutch at CB. His best and most natural position is Right Back. Followed by CDM CM.

If you want Hutch to keep missing games, then yes put him at full back or in midfield. Keep him at CB though and we might just get a full season from him, and he is certainly more than competent there

McCabe has looked steady in the 2 pre-season games so far and was passing very well short and long. I'm still hopeful he'll come good but he really needs to do it this season.

Harsh on Lee, he bossed CM last season despite being "lightweight, not that creative and no goals". One of the best passers of the ball with a very good engine. Also he was involved with a lot of our forward play last season

Agree about Coke, Corry and Semedo though.

If you want Hutch to keep missing games, then yes put him at full back or in midfield. Keep him at CB though and we might just get a full season from him, and he is certainly more than competent there

McCabe has looked steady in the 2 pre-season games so far and was passing very well short and long. I'm still hopeful he'll come good but he really needs to do it this season.

Harsh on Lee, he bossed CM last season despite being "lightweight, not that creative and no goals". One of the best passers of the ball with a very good engine. Also he was involved with a lot of our forward play last season

Agree about Coke, Corry and Semedo though.

Lee only bossed midfield when he had Semedo alongside him, when Semedo got injured Lee's form took a dip.

Wether that will be the case this season remains to be seen but Semedo improved dramatically last season in his all round game and his workrate and playing of the simple pass allowed Lee to express his ability.

Lee is pretty creative, very elegant passer of the ball and most importantly has a footballing brain.

I wouldnt ever play hutch at CB. His best and most natural position is Right Back. Followed by CDM CM.

Wasn't Hutchinson supposed to be the next JT at Chelsea until he retired?

If we are to play passing football, then Lee, McCabe and Corry could be important players for us, sadly though it seems that Gray doesn't rate McCabe or Corry 1 bit. Shames, as neither did anything to deserve such treatment. Coke did much worst then both, but for some reason keeps getting fresh chances.

A very negative assessment of our players.

Not realism, just negative.