Stuart Gray

Guest gotcha_Owls

Unless he was expecting to switch occupations he must surely have anticipated that he might be needed on Saturdays during the football season.

At the end of the day it's his sons wedding, we're safe & Bullen is more than capable.

I don't begrudge him watching the happiest day in his child's life, some things are more important than football.

If he was the manager of any other business he'd be granted leave for stuff like weddings/funerals etc.

And you don't know, his son could be in the army or something like that which means today was the only day they could get married.

People need to man up, we'll do just fine without Gray for 90 minutes.

He's done the prep all week with the chaps.

Sure they can go over the white line and remember what they have worked on in the week.

If not I'm sure Bully and Dixie will be able to put them words with some words of advice from the bench!

Anyway. Rather have someone who's worked with the players all week.

Than someone the players don't see all week who just turns up in the dugout on a Saturday...

He's done the prep all week with the chaps.

Sure they can go over the white line and remember what they have worked on in the week.

If not I'm sure Bully and Dixie will be able to put them words with some words of advice from the bench!

Anyway. Rather have someone who's worked with the players all week.

Than someone the players don't see all week who just turns up in the dugout on a Saturday...

He's even prepared a half time talk.

Says "Have a right go at them as such"

It's a situation Stuart clearly can't help, otherwise he'd of told his son two years ago that they can't be having a wedding on a Saturday.

The club are clearly fine with it, there must be some sort of other circumstances that means the wedding has had to be on a Saturday.

What do you honestly expect him to do? Tell his son sorry I'm off to work on the day you're getting married?

How many of you lot who have children would miss your child's wedding day due to work?

Because regardless of how high and important the Wednesday managerial job is to us.....to his family it's just a job.

Family comes above everything. It's hardly like we're in the FA Cup final...it's Sheffield Wednesday vs Watford with no teams having much to play for.

It really doesn't matter, it's a football match....and we're safe.

Funnily enough if we win no one will mention it again, if we lose it'll all be Gray's fault and some morons will probably call for his head.

Edited by FlyingOwl

His son though... planning the wedding since 2012.

Just think of all the planning that's gone into that, all the rows in the family about  inviting aunty Ethel but not inviting uncle Fred. All the visits to find THE dress. Picking the reception venue, picking the cake, getting consulted about the bridesmaids dresses. Having to have a new suit. Bouquets, menu's, service run throughs. All the tantrums when she want's to go over another pointless detail and you just want to go to the match or have a few drinks with your mates.

It chills my blood remembering it all.  Just go for it, 3 months done and dusted and get on with the conjugals. 

Still worked out for me, I managed to sort it so it was after the end of both the football and the fishing season.

It's a situation Stuart clearly can't help, otherwise he'd of told his son two years ago that they can't be having a wedding on a Saturday.

The club are clearly fine with it, there must be some sort of other circumstances that means the wedding has had to be on a Saturday.

What do you honestly expect him to do? Tell his son sorry I'm off to work on the day you're getting married?

How many of you lot who have children would miss your child's wedding day due to work?

Because regardless of how high and important the Wednesday managerial job is to us.....to his family it's just a job.

Family comes above everything. It's hardly like we're in the FA Cup final...it's Sheffield Wednesday vs Watford with no teams having much to play for.

It really doesn't matter, it's a football match....and we're safe.

Funnily enough if we win no one will mention it again, if we lose it'll all be Gray's fault and some morons will probably call for his head.

I think you are right. It doesn't really matter. We buy our season tickets half expecting the manager to miss at least one match due to a wedding or 2.

It's not as if he's worked in football a long time and the months of the football season are always shifting around. Who knew we would still be playing in March!! So no fault of the wedding couple there.

Plus this kind of stuff happens all the time and I'm sure Kirkland is missing next week because of his grans 90th and Buxton's got a christening the week after.

It's poor, very poor and we all know it is.

I think you are right. It doesn't really matter. We buy our season tickets half expecting the manager to miss at least one match due to a wedding or 2.

It's not as if he's worked in football a long time and the months of the football season are always shifting around. Who knew we would still be playing in March!! So no fault of the wedding couple there.

Plus this kind of stuff happens all the time and I'm sure Kirkland is missing next week because of his grans 90th and Buxton's got a christening the week after.

It's poor, very poor and we all know it is.

Do you understand that it's his sons wedding and he's not chosen the date?

Are you just flouncing for the sake of it?

Players tend to miss games when their children are being born. Why can't a manager miss a game because his child is getting married. It's something no Father will want to miss, regardless of work.

It's an extenuating circumstance.

Like I said, it's Stuart's job and we'll all miss a day of work or two because of extenuating circumstances.

He's not exactly leading us to fend for ourselves for christ sake.

I just can't understand why people are so wound up?

Could possibly understand if we were still fighting to stay up, or it was a cup final.

But ffs we're safe & playing Watford.

Grow up

Edited by FlyingOwl

Not sure if mentioned already on here but Alex Ferguson missed a Man Utd v Man City match when was his Son's wedding. If its good enough for Fergie it's good enough for Stu. He has deserved it.

Plus he did not even have to head butt a player to miss the game.

Edited by Hirstys_12th_Pint

Do you understand that it's his sons wedding and he's not chosen the date?

Are you just flouncing for the sake of it?

Players tend to miss games when their children are being born. Why can't a manager miss a game because his child is getting married. It's something no Father will want to miss, regardless of work.

It's an extenuating circumstance.

Like I said, it's Stuart's job and we'll all miss a day of work or two because of extenuating circumstances.

He's not exactly leading us to fend for ourselves for christ sake.

I just can't understand why people are so wound up?

Could possibly understand if we were still fighting to stay up, or it was a cup final.

But ffs we're safe & playing Watford.

Grow up

This 100%. Some fans are just thickos, and if their son or daughter was getting married I'm pretty sure they'd have a day off work.

I don't have one single problem with this.

I also can't fathom out why anyone else would have one.

Stuart Gray is an employee wanting some time off for an important day in his and his son's life. We'd ALL do the same.

Who the f*** are we to even question it?