Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

My feeling is that he will be loaned out to gain match fitness and to see if he scores.   This will either put him in the shop window or allows us to recalled him if he shows he's up for it.

This way - we are showing that we are not just letting him walk back in and at the same time edges our bets. We need to do what's right for the club - not for Gary Madine. He had his chance when he joined our club - this is his second chance and he needs to tow the line.

A lot should depend on what the other players think IMO - we don't need a bad apple upsetting the balance.  They may love him, and want him in and around the squad. If this is the case, then great.  But I think the players should be consulted.  Some may feel he's let the team down

He certainly has divided opinion.

If the club decide to back him then so should we. We all would be happy with him if he is scoring and we are winning. Lets give him the best chance to do this and not be negative.

The time for criticism is if he blows his chance 

Don't want him to fail, just don't want him at the club.

He is a vicious thug, he should still be inside.

Seeing as you know so much about his case, and, in addition, you don't think his sentence was just punishment, and also, in further addition to THAT, you seem to think further punishment should be meted out to him according to YOUR OWN sense of what's just and what's not, perhaps you would care to make public all the material you have on his case, so that the rest of us may make an enlightened decision, just like you, on what further punishments may be meted out to him (.."He is a vicious thug, he should still be inside.").

You have a right, as anybody else does, to put your views forward to the Home Secretary and to anyone else in goverment, local and national, concerning his case. .. and to us!

But these are the facts.

He was judged to have committed two crimes.

He has served his time for that, commuted from 18 months to 4 months, possibly on probation, possibly on further appeal (He appealed against his conviction but the outcome has not been publicised.).

That is British Justice.  Your suggestion of further punishment is, in itself, unjust.

He didn't kill anybody, he didn't rape anybody, he got p155ed up and assaulted 2 other gobby p155heads, one of whom later withdrew his accusation.

But oh, fekking NO... Wednesday musn't give him another chance! No, we've all got to condemn him outright, and let him shine with another chuffing team.  So when he helps to send us down, as top striker with another championship side, where he's a grown-up, reformed 20+ goals a season man, we Wednesdayites can all say "Thank God we got rid of HIM".

I don't think I'll be grateful to you, if he gets ousted.  Wednesday are LAWFULLY entitled to put him back in the side, and in the trouble we're in, I would expect they'll have the balls to do just that.

However, if he DOESN'T grow up, and goes back to old ways, then they should show him the door. Agreed?

Would be interesting to no how "unprovoked" it was.

I dont imagine for a second Madine just walked in a boozer and chinned the 1st bloke he saw.

I know the family of one of them. They were very upset saying it was an unprovoked assault without any advance hint. The court agree with this version.

He's been found guilty of 3 separate assaults in 3 seperate instances.

I'll argue that he should be allowed to resume his career 'til the cows come home' but I don't believe that unfounded hints that could be seen as attempts to dilute what he did has any merit at all. In any event, the courts will have considered mitigatiing circumstances when deliberating the 3 offences.

Seeing as you know so much about his case, and, in addition, you don't think his sentence was just punishment, and also, in further addition to THAT, you seem to think further punishment should be meted out to him according to YOUR OWN sense of what's just and what's not, perhaps you would care to make public all the material you have on his case, so that the rest of us may make an enlightened decision, just like you, on what further punishments may be meted out to him (.."He is a vicious thug, he should still be inside.").

You have a right, as anybody else does, to put your views forward to the Home Secretary and to anyone else in goverment, local and national, concerning his case. .. and to us!

But these are the facts.

He was judged to have committed two crimes.

He has served his time for that, commuted from 18 months to 4 months, possibly on probation, possibly on further appeal (He appealed against his conviction but the outcome has not been publicised.).

That is British Justice.  Your suggestion of further punishment is, in itself, unjust.

He didn't kill anybody, he didn't rape anybody, he got p155ed up and assaulted 2 other gobby p155heads, one of whom later withdrew his accusation.

But oh, fekking NO... Wednesday musn't give him another chance! No, we've all got to condemn him outright, and let him shine with another chuffing team.  So when he helps to send us down, as top striker with another championship side, where he's a grown-up, reformed 20+ goals a season man, we Wednesdayites can all say "Thank God we got rid of HIM".

I don't think I'll be grateful to you, if he gets ousted.  Wednesday are LAWFULLY entitled to put him back in the side, and in the trouble we're in, I would expect they'll have the balls to do just that.

However, if he DOESN'T grow up, and goes back to old ways, then they should show him the door. Agreed?

Agree almost totally with this but the highlighted bit is pure speculation and totally at odds with your overall message.

You need to go back to school if you think Madine's crime is anywhere near as serious as Chedwyn's

Back to school? I think Dore needs to go on the sex offenders register if he thinks the 2 crimes are anything like..Says a lot about a mans character if he in anyway believes punching someone is in anyway as serious as rape..Based on that thinking, I really hope you stick to speed limits as your motor vehicle could easily be turned into a deadly weapon should a person step out into the road.

Is his presence in the dressing room going to be a positive or a negative moving forward?

It depends on how many goals he can score. He's a footballer, same as the rest of the people in the dressing room, and thats all they will judge him by.

in all these pages of debate I think this chap has raised the best point of all.

See above.

I've seen a couple of posts asking what we would do / think if our family member was assaulted / raped. This in an attempt to justify different treatment of Ched / Madine or to justify getting rid.

Why not think about it the other way?

If your son, brother, dad, had served his time in prison for assault or rape, would you think it right that he cannot get on and try and resurrect his previous career? Would you want him to spend the rest of his life on the dole?

It's always difficult if you or one of your loved ones is a victim of any crime and speaking from experience my initial and natural response was anger, frustration and an overwhelming urge to commit violence on the perpetrator, however, if we lived by those rules it would lead to anarchy and chaos.

This is why we have a justice system that has evolved over hundreds of years, now some may not agree with the  sentencing process and believe it ought to be more punitive (myself included) but this is the system as it stands and therefore, not just Gary Madine but anyone who has committed an offence and served their sentence not only should but has to be rehabilitated back into society.  

The alternative would lead to a retrograde step to the days where young children were hung for stealing a loaf of bread.

Out of all those minutes how many crosses were anywhere near his head ?

How many times did he 'take the bull by the horns' and create something for himself....?

If you sit about and wait for something to happen it might never happen. Go and make something happen. He never did and in my opinion, he never will. 

What never you are special and 1 in a million if you aint ever committed a crime, or you could be spouting poo poo?

On your stats thing Madine has scored 3 in 6 starts and never been given a run of 7/8 games to prove himself so cant be judged at all in the Championship in all honesty his last full season was a 20 goal season in league 1 so give the guy a break, It wasnt you he chinned was it?

Yes, never!! I know loads of people that have never committed a crime. Yeah, i'm a do-gooder. Its funny that i'm hounded out like there's something wrong with me... I call call it a proper upbringing. But thats by the by.... 

He can be judged. Those were taken from the first 4 months of a season. Not all the season. If i was to put the stats up from December to May that season they would be even worse reading than they already are. 

Yes, never!! I know loads of people that have never committed a crime. Yeah, i'm a do-gooder. Its funny that i'm hounded out like there's something wrong with me... I call call it a proper upbringing. But thats by the by.... 

He can be judged. Those were taken from the first 4 months of a season. Not all the season. If i was to put the stats up from December to May that season they would be even worse reading than they already are.

Well Bully for you!! It just goes to show what a good boy you are.

..admirable though that is not everyone has the opportunity to being brought up proper. Not hounding but millions of people have benefitted by people forgiving others when the individual has understood the errors of their actions and gone on to work hard at being a 'decent' human being.

He has to make it work, like you say, but you can't say 'he never will' without giving him the opportunity to prove doubters wrong.

Bottom line is the club have to manage their asset. If he doesn't deliver they get what they can..if he does the asset increases in value.