Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

Totally irrelevant. They're both crimes. Punching someone has the potential to kill.

But he didn't kill, did he?

He did something that happens in most cities/towns/villages every friday and saturday night, he had a couple of scraps.

And I think we all know he didn't lash out for no reason.

That's not excusing what he did.

But let's deal in facts, he did the crime, he's served his time, it's now up to him to change things for himself.

And if this club is his platform and he gets back to the Madine we had in league one then I'll be chuffed, for him & for us.

And IF he did come back and score, most people criticising him now will completely forget about what he did and well be up his arse like the rest of us.

GARY MADINE - GOAL MACHINE!

Edited by FlyingOwl

Love how people criticise United for wanting Ched back, but will welcome Madine back with open arms and also criticise those who don't want him at the club.

There is a difference. The crimes have different stigmas attached for many people, perhaps not for some.

I don't agree with Madines behaviour off the pitch and it has damaged his reputation without a doubt. But would taking him back be more damaging to the clubs reputation than releasing a player in contract who is potentially valuable? Watford made a similar decision on Troy Deeney.

United have a more controversial issue on their hands given the crime and that ched is no longer contracted to them as far as I know.

didnt see him as much as madine, seen enough of madine to realise he ain't a championship player, too weak, gets bullied, always on his arse, I don't like him as a footballer, don't know him to slate him personally

To be fair we didn't see him a whole lot of him last season under DJ and the court case on his mind can't have helped.

Always thought he looked good in our promotion season and weighed in with a good goal tally

So I'm prepared to wait and see what he's like with all those factors removed and under the guidance of SG.

I've seen a couple of posts asking what we would do / think if our family member was assaulted / raped. This in an attempt to justify different treatment of Ched / Madine or to justify getting rid.

Why not think about it the other way?

If your son, brother, dad, had served his time in prison for assault or rape, would you think it right that he cannot get on and try and resurrect his previous career? Would you want him to spend the rest of his life on the dole?

Was Mattock convicted? If so then yes, he should go too.

So if you get away with it, it isn't a crime?

Btw this isn't an attack on Mattock (see earlier posts) but I'm just fed up with the hypocrisy and inconsistency in this thread.

Guest beatleowl

If I was so bloody skinny and so terrible at fighting I would probably have received an 18 month sentence at some point between the ages of 17-22. I've grown up now though, looking back it was daft. I have a job and I'm a lovely fella, even if I do say so myself. Give the lad a chance to learn from his mistakes.

I've seen a couple of posts asking what we would do / think if our family member was assaulted / raped. This in an attempt to justify different treatment of Ched / Madine or to justify getting rid.

Why not think about it the other way?

If your son, brother, dad, had served his time in prison for assault or rape, would you think it right that he cannot get on and try and resurrect his previous career? Would you want him to spend the rest of his life on the dole?

I think we're on tricky ground with this notion (although I agree with you). If my son was being provoked/taunted/abused (which I believe to be the case in at least one of the two assaults) then i would encourage my son to stick up for himself.

However if my son had raped someone (admittedly I am not a parent yet) I couldn't see myself forgiving him.

Its all getting a bit deep now....... have a Meggo face, makes me smile.  gary megson

Guest wilyfox

If I was so bloody skinny and so terrible at fighting I would probably have received an 18 month sentence at some point between the ages of 17-22. I've grown up now though, looking back it was daft. I have a job and I'm a lovely fella, even if I do say so myself. Give the lad a chance to learn from his mistakes.

Someone tag this fella just incase ^^

I think we're on tricky ground with this notion (although I agree with you). If my son was being provoked/taunted/abused (which I believe to be the case in at least one of the two assaults) then i would encourage my son to stick up for himself.

However if my son had raped someone (admittedly I am not a parent yet) I couldn't see myself forgiving him.

Its all getting a bit deep now....... have a Meggo face, makes me smile.  gary megson

You'll change when you have kids.

You'll change when you have kids.

I might do, I already work with kids and could imagine me changing my opinion when i have my own that's why i admitted it. However the notion that throwing a punch is equal to raping someone really angers me and that's what I was trying to get across.

Note: I realise now that the amount i use "the notion" is nearly as bad as SGs "as such".

Edited by SHUowl

Anyone who is on bail for assault and then commits same offence is an idiot.  Couldn't keep his nose clean even for a few weeks.  Unfortunately he's just thick. He's let himself down, his family and the Club.  I'm not bothered about him but I am bothered about any influence he has on other players.

You chaps do make me chuckle.

Stats are what you all choose to make them gentlemen.

Messi could play 1,000,000 minutes of football for Wednesday and never score a goal............ if you brought him on as sub for 30 seconds every week during injury time.

I think the basic point is that he wasn't rated by his manager.

Never got a run of games. (From starts.)

Knew he would be dropped again the following week if he did.

Was in a inept team, playing dull and negative tactics in a team with no morale.

I don't think he's top drawer.

But I think he's worth looking at over a period of games in a confident side, with an attack minded coach.

that'd be 2 million games, even at 50 games a year, messi would be 40,000 years old by the time he finished with us, no wonder he wasn't scoring

They didn't though did they - what they showed was:

1,054 minutes of football played - 3 goals scored. And as i said in my comment, this was taken from the first half of the season where he scored his 3 goals. I was being kind. I could have made it a whole lot worse and used different stats to substantiate my point further. But i didnt, i used the best stats available for Gary Madine, and what do you know, they're still as poor as poor can get.

And please elaborate on your 'do-gooder' comment.... you've confused me as i only deal with intelligent debates....???

And you use Owlstalk to find them, don't get me wrong my friend but if you "only deal with intelligent debates" your either full of poo poo or your in the wrong place, either way do one from this thread and let the football people talk