Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

Yes, never!! I know loads of people that have never committed a crime. Yeah, i'm a do-gooder. Its funny that i'm hounded out like there's something wrong with me... I call call it a proper upbringing. But thats by the by.... 

He can be judged. Those were taken from the first 4 months of a season. Not all the season. If i was to put the stats up from December to May that season they would be even worse reading than they already are. 

I think it's great that you can say that Ramone, honestly I do.

However, this probably says more about the majority than yourself, that it's more a case of, "there but for the grace of god go I"

Maybe that's the cause of empathy from some on here towards Madine.

..admirable though that is not everyone has the opportunity to being brought up proper. Not hounding but millions of people have benefitted by people forgiving others when the individual has understood the errors of their actions and gone on to work hard at being a 'decent' human being.

He has to make it work, like you say, but you can't say 'he never will' without giving him the opportunity to prove doubters wrong.

Bottom line is the club have to manage their asset. If he doesn't deliver they get what they can..if he does the asset increases in value.

Well said. And the first bit is completely and utterly correct. Society should be able to forgive and forget. My main bug bear with this whole situation is the amount of times Madine has needed to be a naughty boy before the penny finally drops. He is a hell of a lucky boy to be in the life he's in. He kicks a bag of wind around a field for 90 mins a week and gets paid a reports £5,000 a week for it. He takes it for granted rather than embracing it. Abusing that kind of gift is insulting when many fans would literally spend their last penny to watch Wednesday. 

I think he has a lot more of a chance to succeed with the way the club is now to how it was when we were first promoted. It remains to be seen. Maybe its unfair of me to write him off completely but I, like many on here, have watched football for a long time and you get a feeling dont you....? The beauty of the game is you all see things differently. You may see things in him that I dont. I dont think i've pulled anyone apart for having their view, i've just provided my on views on why i think he wont do anything. But as i've said, i hope to proved wrong. 

The reports suggest that he has been a model prisoner, working with the PE team and helping to train fellow prisoners, he has worked hard to be fit and says he genuinely is trying to turn over a new leaf in his life. He is a young man who has probably had too much money in his pocket. How many of you, at his age and being paid possibly up to £500,000 a year, would not have gone off the rails?

What he did was wrong and he has rightly been punished. But at that age, he deserves a second (and probably last) chance. I would be happy to see him playing as a striker for us again.

Guest Big Guns

The reports suggest that he has been a model prisoner, working with the PE team and helping to train fellow prisoners, he has worked hard to be fit and says he genuinely is trying to turn over a new leaf in his life. He is a young man who has probably had too much money in his pocket. How many of you, at his age and being paid possibly up to £500,000 a year, would not have gone off the rails?

What he did was wrong and he has rightly been punished. But at that age, he deserves a second (and probably last) chance. I would be happy to see him playing as a striker for us again.

ramone

Same tune as his previous song:

Gary Madine punched a horse

he's been in the nick and shown remorse

Now he's back and here to pay

His MASSIVE debt to society

Gary Madine goal machine

Gary Madine goal machine

I don't hate this song....

I love it.

Just get him back into the squad as soon as possible....he's another option for us. And could be regarded as a new signing of someone hungry to get back into football.  

Clear the slate from last season- he was played up front on his own, had zero support from midfield, and i'm sure the court case had some affect as well. Hopefully he can regain his L1 form now that he has a clear head. 

There are other players in our club who have had some scrapes with the law, so let's stop with the moralistic claptrap now- we're a football club, not the flippin church of England.

^ ^ ^Exactly^ ^ ^

Madines attitude on the pitch is all that ive hated about Wednesday over the last 2 years.

Light weight, no effort, doesn't give a crap, egotistical. No end product.

Thats Madine but some people seem to forget everything. Unbelievable.

I don't care about the crimes as that's all in the past.

He's lucky how he'll probably get another chance with us and if he plays how he did in League One in this league we'll have a multi million £ striker again.

Not really sure where I stand on this. I agree that as far as the law's concerned he's served his time and paid the price for those two assaults - it's not so much that as the fact that these aren't the only incidents like this he's been involved in and if he didn't change then will he change now? last thing we need is an unreformed Madine possibly influencing other, younger players to act like that after seeing him getting away with it again and again. If we could say for sure he's learned his lesson I'd welcome him back - he's hardly a world beater but he can finish and I think in this team a Madine playing to his full potential would definitely add to what we've got.

I don't agree that the actions for which he was imprisoned should just be dismissed as 'what lads get up to every weekend' - most don't and even if they did that wouldn't make it right - you don't get GBH for a little slap, you have to do some real damage to get that charge.

But at the same time anyone trying to compare his actions to those of Ched the rapist - and especially those who appear intent on drawing an equivalence between the two crimes - has at best a tenuous grip on reality. With the exception of murder, rape is rightly considered to be the among worst crimes one can possibly commit in almost all societies across the world, and for good reason. It's one of most traumatic ordeals anyone can experience - I've been punched in the face before - hard - and it wasn't pleasant but a close friend of mine was recently a victim of rape. The damage done to you as a person by these two different acts of violence simply defy comparison. The swelling on my face went down and I got on with my life; I don't think there's any chance that my friend's life will ever be the same again.

If you think what Madine is beyond the pale and he shouldn't be allowed back to the club that's a perfectly legitimate opinion and I can see where you're coming from. But if you think there is an equivalence to be drawn between rape and punching someone you've strayed into lunatic territory and have no sense of proportion - maybe people are just saying they think the two are comparable because they think that to acknowledge that they aren't would be to undermine their own argument. But I know I wouldn't want anyone who seriously thought there was any equivalence between the two anywhere near any of my female friends or family. And they should probably be kept away from women and children full stop.

Not really sure where I stand on this. I agree that as far as the law's concerned he's served his time and paid the price for those two assaults - it's not so much that as the fact that these aren't the only incidents like this he's been involved in and if he didn't change then will he change now? last thing we need is an unreformed Madine possibly influencing other, younger players to act like that after seeing him getting away with it again and again. If we could say for sure he's learned his lesson I'd welcome him back - he's hardly a world beater but he can finish and I think in this team a Madine playing to his full potential would definitely add to what we've got.

I don't agree that the actions for which he was imprisoned should just be dismissed as 'what lads get up to every weekend' - most don't and even if they did that wouldn't make it right - you don't get GBH for a little slap, you have to do some real damage to get that charge.

But at the same time anyone trying to compare his actions to those of Ched the rapist - and especially those who appear intent on drawing an equivalence between the two crimes - has at best a tenuous grip on reality. With the exception of murder, rape is rightly considered to be the among worst crimes one can possibly commit in almost all societies across the world, and for good reason. It's one of most traumatic ordeals anyone can experience - I've been punched in the face before - hard - and it wasn't pleasant but a close friend of mine was recently a victim of rape. The damage done to you as a person by these two different acts of violence simply defy comparison. The swelling on my face went down and I got on with my life; I don't think there's any chance that my friend's life will ever be the same again.

If you think what Madine is beyond the pale and he shouldn't be allowed back to the club that's a perfectly legitimate opinion and I can see where you're coming from. But if you think there is an equivalence to be drawn between rape and punching someone you've strayed into lunatic territory and have no sense of proportion - maybe people are just saying they think the two are comparable because they think that to acknowledge that they aren't would be to undermine their own argument. But I know I wouldn't want anyone who seriously thought there was any equivalence between the two anywhere near any of my female friends or family. And they should probably be kept away from women and children full stop.

Great post.

On your subject at the end, I used the 2 acts in the same sentence, not to compare but to give the argument of 'if Gary Madine has served his time and should be able to go back to work and carry on regardless, then so should Ched Evans'. Yes, the 2 acts are poles apart and I agree with what you have said in terms of where rape should stand on the 'crime ladder'. 

Also, sorry to hear about your friend. I cant even begin to imagine what he/she must be going through.... 

I had my nose broken by my best mate, when I was 9. It was an accident, he did it with his elbow 42 years ago and he's still my best mate.

I also know several people who have hit others when they have had a drink on more than several occasions and not gone to prison for it. One of them tried to hit me, but luckily I stepped back and did a Bomber Graham style arched back, head back doge and his fist just skimmed my chin. The look on his face was hilarious as he looked at my chin, looked at his fist and let me sit him down calmly, before trying to head butt the landlord and being very carefully helped out of the pub.

He is not a particularly bad person, although he often got into scrapes and nine times out of ten ended up worse off for it, but he now behaves himself and is no menace to society, only seeming to take offence with people he knew when he had got a few drinks down him.

Pig fans have been going on about Madine as though he is some menace to society, but as far as I know Madine has had plenty of idiots goading him in the past without responding with a (very good) punch. It's all a bit rich after they are hitting Forest fans and running away, while leaving a match they have just won and where any kind of alcohol intake would have been extremely diminished.

Madine has been a drunken idiot, paid his debt to society and is still under contract to a club who have paid good money for him and have lost out in the past when one of their players pushed a ref! SWFC got heavily criticised by sections of the fanbase for not sticking up for Di Canio, who was stone cold sober at the time. Surely they are now going to stand by their investment who quite frankly needs help rather than finger pointing. A lot of us over 45 year olds, come from backgrounds where it was a very common thing to go to the pub every night, have a skinfull at the weekend and generally drink too much than was good for you. Several of my friends and acquaintances have ended up on the wrong end of the law due to having too much to drink and several have had severe mental and physical problems as a result of drinking too much and too often. It didn't happen to most of us because we are wired up differently, but Gary Madine has come from a drinking culture and needs help getting out of it. If he has any real friends they need to either help him now or stay away from him, because the next mistake he makes could be his last. If he knuckles down and kicks the booze who knows what a player he could end up being in our current set up.

Good luck to Gary Madine I say, set an example for your followers GM and there's a good lad. 

I thoroughly agree with spiney Norman  on the rape scenario , my granddaughter suffered the same fate  and still has nightmares to this day  sorry Ramone but the ched should never see a football stadium again a far as i'm concerned, the damage he must have done to that young lady is a life sentence in it's own way , 

Seeing as you know so much about his case, and, in addition, you don't think his sentence was just punishment, and also, in further addition to THAT, you seem to think further punishment should be meted out to him according to YOUR OWN sense of what's just and what's not, perhaps you would care to make public all the material you have on his case, so that the rest of us may make an enlightened decision, just like you, on what further punishments may be meted out to him (.."He is a vicious thug, he should still be inside.").

You have a right, as anybody else does, to put your views forward to the Home Secretary and to anyone else in goverment, local and national, concerning his case. .. and to us!

But these are the facts.

He was judged to have committed two crimes.

He has served his time for that, commuted from 18 months to 4 months, possibly on probation, possibly on further appeal (He appealed against his conviction but the outcome has not been publicised.).

That is British Justice.  Your suggestion of further punishment is, in itself, unjust.

He didn't kill anybody, he didn't rape anybody, he got p155ed up and assaulted 2 other gobby p155heads, one of whom later withdrew his accusation.

But oh, fekking NO... Wednesday musn't give him another chance! No, we've all got to condemn him outright, and let him shine with another chuffing team.  So when he helps to send us down, as top striker with another championship side, where he's a grown-up, reformed 20+ goals a season man, we Wednesdayites can all say "Thank God we got rid of HIM".

I don't think I'll be grateful to you, if he gets ousted.  Wednesday are LAWFULLY entitled to put him back in the side, and in the trouble we're in, I would expect they'll have the balls to do just that.

However, if he DOESN'T grow up, and goes back to old ways, then they should show him the door. Agreed?

What on earth are you on about? For a start he committed and was convicted of 3 crimes, not 2 - or do we just discount the assault in Carlisle for convenience?

A prison sentence, should be a prison sentence, not do a few months then be let out, or what is the point of the sentence? Life should be life, 18 months should be 18 months and so on, I think most people would agree with this, whether it relates to Madine or anybody else.

Why is expecting a convict to serve the time he was sentenced to unjust - it is quite the opposite. Being released early is the unjust thing - in this country the criminal is looked after more than the victim.

Do you really think my thoughts on the subject, posted on Internet forum about SWFC, will make or break our clubs decision on whether to have him back? The club will think about our reputation if they retain his services, and what potential sponsors, investors etc may think. They will assess whether he could jeopardise the unity within the squad - whether he would improve the squad, and whether they could earn any money by selling him on at a future date. They might take into account how the fanbase will react - and whether that has an effect on folk buying tickets etc, they might not.

A base the statement that he is a vicious thug, on the fact that he has been charged and convicted 3 times for 3 vicious assaults - it has been proven in a court of law - and why he has been eating porridge for the last 4 months.

Sorry to be pedantic but he hasn't served his time he's still got 13 months left to do. He's out on licence which will carry certain conditions. Break any or one of these and he can be returned to serve the rest of his sentence. He has to be a good little boy until March next year at least. I agree with your comments about being assaulted and raped there is not and cannot be any comparison between the two.

Edited by darra