Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Literally NOBODY on this thread has said that, so why are you making things up?

Every single person in the entire world has made a mistake before - nobody is saying fighting is acceptable for goodness sake.

^^ that's what I was getting at. Some have.

There are three camps of public opinion on this topic.

1) The not arsed either way whether he plays for the club again or not.  Couldn't care less attitude.

2) The we forgive you Gary, now come on and do the business for The Owls

3) The he shouldn't play again for the club because of the nature and persistence of his past offences.

I'm in the 3) camp simply because at my ripe old age of 41 I feel I don't want such a character playing for the club I have supported all my life.  He could have killed one of those lads in all honesty he hit one of them that hard.  Now the reason I feel like this is that imagine if it was one of my close friends or family, who he had hit.  Would I be blowing the 'he deserves a second chance' horn?  

I agree that he should be given a chance to continue his career as a professional footballer.  Why not?  He's serving his time for the offence in question.  However it shouldn't be at this club in my view but somewhere else.  Surely living in Sheffield could be quite difficult I am sure there will be a few idiots on the look out now to provoke him.  I think it would be better for all parties if we could move him on.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Don't want him to fail, just don't want him at the club.

He is a vicious thug, he should still be inside.

You have no Facking Idea what a Vicious Thug is Daft Lad!!!

fair enough he's done his time not convinced he should still be on our books, up to him to prove the doubters wrong. One thing is for sure he's a lucky boy to be out after 4 months of an 18 month sentence for a double assault tag or no tag

Think the big problem here with Madine  is the company that he keeps outside of football be it 'mates' 'cousins ' 'uncles' or whatever...needs a Sir Alec Fergie type boss to tell him how it is...as such! .....and ffs bin twitter too!!....cant help feeling its all going to kick off again with him!!

that's my worry

Love how people criticise United for wanting Ched back, but will welcome Madine back with open arms and also criticise those who don't want him at the club.

You need to go back to school if you think Madine's crime is anywhere near as serious as Chedwyn's

Edited by eckington owl

Gary Madine will suffer for his indescretions for the rest of his football career at the very least, football fans will see to that, that is the price one has to pay if you are

a celebrity. There seems to be a lot of over reaction on here IMO, whilst most posters deplore his behavior they do feel that he has served his time and should at the

very least be allowed to continue with his career. I would go with that view.  

Yep it should be pub a big steak knocking shop then owlstalk

It's the pub bit that he has trouble handling. I know plenty of guys who get nasty when they've had a drink. Most of them don't seem to be able to do much about it unless they stop drinking.  I hope GM is different but he is likely to get wind up merchants trying it on whenever he goes to pubs/clubs where he's recognised. It's not going to be easy for the lad. 

Guest Big Guns

Hmm really?

Ok...which would you prefer....Being raped or getting punched?

Depends really if it was Kelly Brook doing the raping and mike Tyson doing the punching I think I'd op for the raping tbh