Zayatte Signs - Official

we didn't need 4 CBs, that's why we shipped Beevers out last season. Say Taylor's on 5k+ per week, that's 1/4m for a season; do you think that's money well spent when he won't even make the bench?

Most teams at this level and even ones below would disagree. Even under Chris Turner when we were skint and in League One he spoke of having two full teams for competition and depth. It's no use saying that Buxton can cover if necessary when that would leave only one recognised right back to take his spot, and he's out for a couple of months anyway. Similarly, Reda is injury prone himself and his understudy has yet to convince anyone he's up to the job. All we'd be doing is exchanging a shortage at centre back for one at a full back position instead.

Edited by DJMortimer

But we don't need, and can't afford, 4 centre backs.

:biggrin:

Good signing, no doubt.

But only 2 can play, thats a fair few quid laid out for Taylor and Llera to sit on the bench.

I tried not to nibble. Honest.

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Guest wilyfox

a 4th CB would be an appropriate reason to use the emergency loan window - that's what it's there for. Bloated squads should be a thing of the past with FFP. You want a close-knit competitive squad with everybody involved. A 4th CB will rarely be involved.

Good signing, but can't help feeling it should've been sorted well before now. Lets hope he gets clearance in time to play tomorrow, because we're gonna need him.

At least he's been with us a week or two and knows the squad and what's expected.

I do think we need 4 centre halves, but I see the point about wages.

If Taylor were to leave, I'd hope we would still bring in someone else. A young prospect on a young prospect's wages would perhaps make sense.

How about 'thinking outside the box'. Llera is an excellent centre back, except for his distribution, which is pathetic.

Now think back to last season and remember the trouble he caused in the opponents'area, and how many he scored/assisted.

Why not give him a try at being a striker?

I do think we need 4 centre halves, but I see the point about wages.

If Taylor were to leave, I'd hope we would still bring in someone else. A young prospect on a young prospect's wages would perhaps make sense.

Hopefully McKenzie or Obileye will step in a bit this season and then we could release Taylor in January.