Interesting ariticle from Carlisle

No we're not talking about million-pound investments, because the deal was never worth a mil and figures being mentioned are in hundreds of thousands.

IIRC it was a 4 year deal. With a conservative estimate of Madine being on 5k p/w (probably higher after promotion bonuses) that's already over a million quid even if we got him on a free. Which we didn't.

Guest wilyfox

IIRC it was a 4 year deal. With a conservative estimate of Madine being on 5k p/w (probably higher after promotion bonuses) that's already over a million quid even if we got him on a free. Which we didn't.

Wages are between Madine and Wednesday, and nothing to do with Carlisle or the transfer.

That clause was just for this season right?

I also don't understand this.

I'm guessing by the article that they recieve further money after he's played some games next season. Hence the "Prem games counting as double"

Considering he couldn't play in the Prem this season for us. I'm guessing there's a clause after say 50 games aswell, where Carlisle will in theory be due some more money.

Edited by NeonLeon

You mean the reason is not one of the following:

-DJ hates Madine

-DJ prefers Madine holding his golf bag

-DJ and Madine had a feyt....the horse lost

Well, this means only one thing....DJ wrote that contract years ago, before Madine was even born.

Either way it's all DJ's fault...obviously.

Seriously though, what a complicated world football contracts is. Crazy.

Edited by bigdan2003

I also don't understand this.

I'm guessing by the article that they recieve further money after he's played some games next season. Hence the "Prem games counting as double"

Considering he couldn't play in the Prem this season for us. I'm guessing there's a clause after say 50 games aswell, where Carlisle will in theory be due some more money.

We signed him under AI and I think the idea was we could go up that season - pay them and then go up again. But we're a season behind and it sounds as if the payments now stop.

So against boro were 2-0 down at HT all other results going against us and we need to for broke madine ready to come on

"Dave its Milan leave him where he is that could cost me 100k"

Dont make me laugh

It's more funny that you don't understand.

IF we was losing then that would be a totally different matter. Obviously the £100k payment would have been worth the risk. There wasn't any risk at all though. 2-0 up, Middlesborough looking like they're on holiday, survival all but gauranteed. Why on earth would we put him on for the last 16 minutes costing us £100k? £6250 per minute for the sake of it would have been stupid

Scarily MM was in charge of us for that "deal"

Serious question; what's £10k when you almost certainly earn over half that in a week?

We're talking about million-pound investments. It doesn't matter what league we're in, both parties still want to get the best deal. If these "bizarre" terms have just saved us £100k then aren't they worth including?

You seriously think Madine is on £5k+ per week (so £260k/year minimum)??

I bet only two players earn more than 5k per week. Gardner and Kirkland

5k in the championship? You seriously think players such as Antonio, Buxton, Reda, Mattock, Taylor. In fact all of them are on less than 8k?

You need your head testing.

know its not the same but Forsell is on 2.5k a week here at HJK

he know looks rather past it but if Madine is earning similar he should be more than happy with that of a international "legend" who have proven himself when Madine has not shown much development this season from what i have heard

This really demonstrates just how much and how often managers hands are tied. If Jones was made aware of this, there is no way he was ever going to admit to the press or fans, he's been trained to come up with stock answers 'for footballing reasons' etc. Makes you feel a bit sorry for the player as well. Madine has made himself look a bit of a *** (off the pitch) and ont witter has 'banter' with fans about how he's not playing when actually the realism of the situation is that neither he or Dave Jones can do anything it.

Personally, I hate this. I've been involved with the sponsorship side of the club for a few years and if you can't invest some money into the club, they're not interested, this is the same everywhere. I remember when none of this mattered and it was only ever about football. Imagine if we needed 1 goal to stay up and Madine is the only option we have, do we not play to save ourselves £100,000?? It's mental.

What do you reckon? Average for the Championship is 4-5K so probably not a million miles off.

Madine aint average though is he having played not at this level before

so many drama queens on here ffs

we DIDNT NEED TO BRING MADINE ON AS WE WERE WINNING... why would we burn £100k for no reason???

Madine aint average though is he having played not at this level before

so many drama queens on here ffs

we DIDNT NEED TO BRING MADINE ON AS WE WERE WINNING... why would we burn £100k for no reason???

Exactly!

There's a reason MM has so much money and we don't, he ain't daft. Knew exactly what he was doing.

We signed him under AI and I think the idea was we could go up that season - pay them and then go up again. But we're a season behind and it sounds as if the payments now stop.

lol

Are they mad???

I didn't even consider the deal to include the first 6 months he was here because at no point did we look like even getting the Play Offs! Nevermind land promotion to the Prem the season after!

They really are pi5s poor at negotiating a good deal for themselves!