Interesting ariticle from Carlisle

I think you'd be surprised. £100k is equivalent of an extra player or 2 for next season

Maybe, but Jones wouldn't have left him on the bench if he thought he needed to start to keep us up.

Lita and Howard had been performing well, as had Maguire from the bench, so I don't see the problem.  Madine didn't deserve to get on the pitch that day.

Its an interesting article, and nice to see an inner working of a transfer, but all its going to do is fuel people into thinking we didn't pick Madine to save cash, when in reality he had been injured and other people were performing well towards the back end of the season.  Madine had no right to just walk back into the fold, and Maguire/Howard took their chances.

Guest Big Guns

Is there a suggestion that Madine was sidelined to save £100 grand ?

:tango:

flippingNailed on no way the old man would want to pay out a hundred grand

Guest wilyfox

This is all a load of balls. So if Howard had torn his hamstring in the warm up before the boro game would Madine have started? Off course he would

Or are we to believe he only brought him off the bench when the clock hit 76 minutes? Bull - DJ would not manage a club that operated like a corner shop.

I wonder if the player has missed the bonus full stop? Does not make it clear (only read it once I admit)

If Milan told DJ it's 100k to Carlisle or 100k added to your transfer budget based on that one game against Boro, I reckon he'd go along with it..

Edited by wilyfox

This is all a load of balls. So if Howard had torn his hamstring in the warm up before the boro game would Madine have started? Off course he would

Or are we to believe he only brought him off the bench when the clock hit 76 minutes? Bull - DJ would not manage a club that operated like a corner shop.

I wonder if the player has missed the bonus full stop? Does not make it clear (only read it once I admit)

DJ does what MM tells him to do.

No woner Madine sulked so much if he was missing a bonus

Serious question; what's £10k when you almost certainly earn over half that in a week?

I can understand intricate contracts for prem players, but Madine was a league one striker when we signed him... Bizarre.

We're talking about million-pound investments. It doesn't matter what league we're in, both parties still want to get the best deal. If these "bizarre" terms have just saved us £100k then aren't they worth including?

So against boro were 2-0 down at HT all other results going against us and we need to for broke madine ready to come on

"Dave its Milan leave him where he is that could cost me 100k"

Dont make me laugh

But we wasn't in that situation. 

I'm sure if we was, he might have got the go ahead from MM, but if you think for one second that DJ has left him out all this time for footballing reasons, then you need to wake up - this explains pretty much his season

Guest wilyfox

Not if we weren't doing the business on the pitch with results going against us - but we were, and they weren't; and Madine stayed on the bench...

So against boro were 2-0 down at HT all other results going against us and we need to for broke madine ready to come on

"Dave its Milan leave him where he is that could cost me 100k"

Dont make me laugh

Or Dave it's Milan,  time to chuck on Maguire and risk Reda.

Guest wilyfox

Serious question; what's £10k when you almost certainly earn over half that in a week?

We're talking about million-pound investments. It doesn't matter what league we're in, both parties still want to get the best deal. If these "bizarre" terms have just saved us £100k then aren't they worth including?

No we're not talking about million-pound investments, because the deal was never worth a mil and figures being mentioned are in hundreds of thousands. Transfers of players moving from one 3rd tier club to another should not be that complex.

Guest JakeCoulthard

Makes you wonder doesn't it. If you consider the player Gary Madine was when we signed him, compared to some of the players we would like to sign now, imagine the clauses in their contracts. flipping modern football eh.