Interesting ariticle from Carlisle

Closer to Â£3k/week after tax...still a lot of Nandos.

Must be the same again next season as they've included the Premier League and you can't "skip" a divsion..unless you're Swindon!

So if madine plays a single game more then we have to pay up?

Have I understood that correctly?

So if madine plays a single game more then we have to pay up?

Have I understood that correctly?

It says "this season" in the article.  I only assume it starts again because they've made provision for the Premier League.  Basically his appearances in the PL count as double, so he'd only need to play 12 times, unless that was in case we'd sold him on as there's no way he could have played in the Premier League for us this season.

He's been retweeting stuff on twitter that point to the article too:

@richardfidler @rawowl00 @GaryMadine9 Does make me wonder if Howard's Loan was cheaper than £100k? Hate to think money got in Gary's way

3:55 AM - 20 May 13 Â· Details

@andypars @garymadine9 Perhaps this has been one of the causes for him not starting as many games as he should have been? DJ isn't daft.

4:08 AM - 20 May 13 Â· Details

Suggest it either restarts or is wiped out - the premiership clause is based on successive promotions of which Madine would in theory of helped achieve - I'd say its wiped out now.

They got a payment for us staying up anyway.

Rumour as it GM is on 9k -

Also for those thinking this is complex - it's not really.

Madine was and is a young developing forward with potential - those who have written him off need to recall Cresswell & Grant Holt, Darko Kovacavic and what they achieved after leaving us!!

It takes 2 clubs to agree a deal.

If Carlisle were saying it's 800k up front for a young promising striker and we got that down to a smaller sum up front and only 800k based on various conditions, then well done Wednesday.

And if we have to manage the club so that it can save 100k if at all possible, then also well done Wednesday.

Much as we would like to think that for MM, money is no object, it's simply not the case and I don't think many would be moaning if we could use that 'saved' 100k towards bringing in better players in the close season.

lol

Are they mad???

I didn't even consider the deal to include the first 6 months he was here because at no point did we look like even getting the Play Offs! Nevermind land promotion to the Prem the season after!

They really are pi5s poor at negotiating a good deal for themselves!

It was a terrible deal for them, but I think we were in the top 4 when we bought him lol

Some pretty less that helpful re-tweets from Madine this afternoon.  Seems to be re-tweeting folk who are saying he wasn't being picked because of money.

I like Madine a lot, and he looked a different player towards the back end of the season than the start.  But if he doesn't get his head down and stop indirectly moaning at the manager on twitter by re-tweeting others, or his reps/family members slagging off his manager etc, he's going to find a lot more obstacles in front of him than he needs.  In private, he's more than within his rights to raise these concerns with the manager if he thinks it is actually the case, but its not the sort of thing he should be 're-tweeting' about really.

Get your head down Gary, you don't need to take part in this sort of sideshow.  Summer in the gym and come back firing pre-season.  One of oldest cliché's in the book, but if you think your manager is giving you a raw deal, prove them wrong on the training ground.

I don't understand why contracts like this have to be so complicated. Why not just buy the player, pay the transfer fee and be done with it?!

Looking at it from a different angle, we could have made more than £100k by selling/loaning him if we were never going to play him on a regular basis. If this is why he wasn't playing as much game time (and maybe DJ rated others strikers higher e.g Howard, Lita) then why did we leave it late to bring him off the bench to change a game when we were losing? It could have cost us points, which resulted in relegation and it would have cost more than £100k!

Smart move not playing him against Middlesbrough but not smart if that was going to be our tactic over the season.

It's alright people saying get your head down and your chance will come, how do we know he hasn't been getting his head down and putting in the graft at the training ground only for him not to be picked for financial reasons? I'd be acting pretty much the same if I was him.

I don't understand why contracts like this have to be so complicated. Why not just buy the player, pay the transfer fee and be done with it?!

Looking at it from a different angle, we could have made more than £100k by selling/loaning him if we were never going to play him on a regular basis. If this is why he wasn't playing as much game time (and maybe DJ rated others strikers higher e.g Howard, Lita) then why did we leave it late to bring him off the bench to change a game when we were losing? It could have cost us points, which resulted in relegation and it would have cost more than £100k!

Smart move not playing him against Middlesbrough but not smart if that was going to be our tactic over the season.

Daz has explained why about 5 posts above yours.

Some pretty less that helpful re-tweets from Madine this afternoon. Seems to be re-tweeting folk who are saying he wasn't being picked because of money.

I like Madine a lot, and he looked a different player towards the back end of the season than the start. But if he doesn't get his head down and stop indirectly moaning at the manager on twitter by re-tweeting others, or his reps/family members slagging off his manager etc, he's going to find a lot more obstacles in front of him than he needs. In private, he's more than within his rights to raise these concerns with the manager if he thinks it is actually the case, but its not the sort of thing he should be 're-tweeting' about really.

Get your head down Gary, you don't need to take part in this sort of sideshow. Summer in the gym and come back firing pre-season. One of oldest cliché's in the book, but if you think your manager is giving you a raw deal, prove them wrong on the training ground.

Spot on. COG may face similar obstacles and he went out and banged some goals in.

COG probably had a similar deal hence the whole swapping COG for three players justification.

Edited by Bluesteel