Time to go...........

I would imagine MM pays his managers quite well, but expects results. Jones is running out of time, and excuses. I agree that we've had little luck, but we had loads towards the end of last season. Things tend to even themselves out. He broke up he promotion winning team too quickly.

Lose at Ipswich and he's a gonna. However I've a funny feeling we are due to give someone a right arseholing, and Saturday might just be the day.

OK mate. I'm enjoying some of the discussions on the forum actually. I have some time off work (for once) as its the Haj deal over here and long holiday in Saudi.

ok mate enjoy the holiday ,nice to read your regular post's for a change though

ok mate enjoy the holiday ,nice to read your regular post's for a change though

I sometimes feel some will have a pop - perhaps quite rightly as we don't get to see the games as much but believe me, we listen in and watch as much as we can. Actually through Owlstalk I met another Owls fan who came here to work and we sit and watch the games together whenever we can. Shame it wasn't a right fit Asian bird though......

Momentum = the huge feelgood factor from the Sheffield derby AND the signing of Michail Antonio. Jones only needed to ride the crest of that wave...

Utter rubbish.

The man led us on an unprecedented end of season run of wins and you put purely down to him "riding the crest of a wave"? Unbelievably disingenuous.

Guest StamfordOwl

IF we lose to Ipswich and Peterborough he will get the boot and rightly so, we have all backed him (well the majority) have backed him as far as we can but it's starting to get rather desperate now. The championship as we know is a unforgivable league and unfortunately it's biting DJ's arse. He's a very good manager but some managers don't fit certain clubs.

The real question is who would you have to replace him?

Billy D

Mick M

Nigel W

Nigel Pearson (My number one target)

Harry R

If we are to sack him we would need to name a replacement straight away and lets have a new dimension (again)

UTO

Hello mate ;-):biggrin:

Define "Good" because I remember him at Wo1ve5 and he certainly wasn't "Good". Everything we are today can be traced back to Megson & Jones. Everything we are today should have been the doghead's legacy. Jones had 10pts lead over us that's a four game spread. This was for Premiership Football, The team celebration dinner had already been booked along with a team holiday to the Caribbean.

Jones took 10pts from the last 27pts. we took 26pts from the last 30pts. It turned them into a laughing stock. Thats why Jones is the best manager we never had. Megson is idolised at ours for what he did and rightly so. But Jones choked, it was his to lose, and he did. we couldn't of done it without him messing up Hence the name Heimlich.

He spent an awful lot of money as well. So much so Hayward had to sell 4 years later.

Don't mean to be rude mate but what's your point? You keep having digs at DJ and invoking GM as some sort of messiah but if it wasn't for DJ last time season we would never have got automatic.

I sometimes feel some will have a pop - perhaps quite rightly as we don't get to see the games as much but believe me, we listen in and watch as much as we can. Actually through Owlstalk I met another Owls fan who came here to work and we sit and watch the games together whenever we can. Shame it wasn't a right fit Asian bird though......

i know the feeling of not going Mark it's crap to be honest but as you say we watch, listen, and join in, why not mate we are all wednesday the miles don't make any difference whatsoever ,if the post is worth writing it's worth reading ,,tbh i think it's great we have fans all over the world thats what makes wednesday massive lol

There are alot of options out there at the minute.

Mick McCarthy

Billy Davies

Owen Coyle

Roy Keane

Alan Curbishley

Harry Redknapp

Paolo Di Canio

Nigel Pearson

Id say that would probably be a realistic shortlist.

I would actually go so far as to say there are better options without a job at the moment than when MM sacked GM. There would be 3 or 4 on that list I would be very happy to see us recruit should our current situation not improve.

For me it all turned pear shape after Terry Burton left. So that tells me something is not right up at the training ground. Our corners emphasize this cause on the whole their abysmal and you can also count the chances we create or test the keeper in a match on one hand. Yes we are playing better than we were a few games ago but from what I understand at Blackburn (I did'nt go) we had all the play in the 2nd half but still did not create chances. I just want to see Wednesday win games again and hope its with DJ but the line has to be drawn somewhere and if we can't beat the other two clubs in the bottom three then that has to be it.

Why on earth would Nigel Pearson leave a Leicester side that have finally clicked and I imagine are now one of the faves for promotion to join a relegation battle?

this isnt the 60's anymore, managers dont give a poo pooe about loyalty to previous clubs, you only have to look at Dougie Freedman this week for the latest example

For me it all turned pear shape after Terry Burton left. So that tells me something is not right up at the training ground. Our corners emphasize this cause on the whole their abysmal and you can also count the chances we create or test the keeper in a match on one hand. Yes we are playing better than we were a few games ago but from what I understand at Blackburn (I did'nt go) we had all the play in the 2nd half but still did not create chances. I just want to see Wednesday win games again and hope its with DJ but the line has to be drawn somewhere and if we can't beat the other two clubs in the bottom three then that has to be it.

I thought Rotherham owl had a chat with Terry and said he can't settle in London? where are you now? lol

Edited by TaxiMark

Don't mean to be rude mate but what's your point? You keep having digs at DJ and invoking GM as some sort of messiah but if it wasn't for DJ last time season we would never have got automatic.

Just putting forth a point of view, as I said time and time again I've got Wednesday mates going back over 20 years. So I talk to them about it. I watched this happen at the 5h1t 10 years ago. Too right Megson's a messiah he gave us Premiership football, he's also virtually impossible to get on with. It goes tis up with him. But he's way way Way better in my opinion than Dave Jones. How long did Laws and Irvine get? did they get 2pts from 27? It an even bigger choke than 2002, which you don't deserve