Time to go...........

I'll be shocked if redknapp drops to the championship.

Roy keane? Has he been a success managing anywhere?

Mccarthy is no better than Jones and too like megson, won't work with Milan.

Curbishly hasn't done anything for years

Not a hope in hell Pearson will swap positions

Billy Davies spends loads and under delivers

Why wouldn't Redknapp drop a division? We are a massive draw to a well respected Manager who is currently unemployed.

I think we should go for Redknapp or Keane. Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to Promotion in the same season. So why not either?

Still, I believe DJ should be given more time to gel these players that he brought in.

Why wouldn't Redknapp drop a division? We are a massive draw to a well respected Manager who is currently unemployed.

I think we should go for Redknapp or Keane. Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to Promotion in the same season. So why not either?

Still, I believe DJ should be given more time to gel these players that he brought in.

I honestly can't believe you're mentioning Keane but saying McCarthy isn't big enough for us regardless of your reasoning

I'll be shocked if redknapp drops to the championship.

Roy keane? Has he been a success managing anywhere?

Mccarthy is no better than Jones and too like megson, won't work with Milan.

Curbishly hasn't done anything for years

Not a hope in hell Pearson will swap positions

Billy Davies spends loads and under delivers

He got Sunderland promoted

I DAREN'T LOOK AT THE TABLE...

DOES SOMEONE CARRY LESS GOAL THREAT THAN US THEN???

5 teams have scored less, and 1 the same. Even the team at the top has only scored 4 more.

We have scoring problems - but the comment 'and hardly getting out of our own half' is wrong and OTT

5 teams have scored less, and 1 the same. Even the team at the top has only scored 4 more.

We have scoring problems - but the comment 'and hardly getting out of our own half' is wrong and OTT

no OUR goals haven't been scored in any numbers recently...

we've madine OR cog up top trying to do something without adequate support...

and occasionally antonio is getting out muscled off a long hump forward (sorry we don't hump it under jones do we?) long inaccurate through ball...

WE'RE NOT GETTING OVER THE HALF WAY LINE IN ANY STRENGTH...

and that fact is showing in OUR PRESENT goal return...

it's very HIGHLY UNLIKELY THIS THRASHING someone is going to get will emerge...

and failure to win 1, and at least draw 1 of our next 2 SHOULD result in dj's dismissal...

Edited by dnhc

no OUR goals haven't been scored in any numbers recently...

we've madine OR cog up top trying to do something without adequate support...

and occasionally antonio is getting out muscled off a long hump forward (sorry we don't hump it under jones do we?) long inaccurate through ball...

WE'RE NOT GETTING OVER THE HALF WAY LINE IN ANY STRENGTH...

and that fact is showing in OUR PRESENT goal return...

it's very HIGHLY UNLIKELY THIS THRASHING someone is going to get will emerge...

and failure to win 1, and at least draw 1 of our next 2 SHOULD result in dj's dismissal...

On the basis of the last two games, we've played quite a lot of it in our opponents half and had numerous chances.

Its not getting out of our half that's the problem - its being more clinical in the final 3rd

just as last season proved that winning is a habit hard to lose, so it losing and i dont think changing manager will help that.

stability is needed.

Urgh.

You make some valid points and I totally agree that the points haul is shocking and can't continue for long.

However, Dave Jones is an experienced manager who has just assembled his own team and hasn't had long to work with them. In the context of things, anyway.

More importantly, I don't think we would get anyone better who could get this team clicking quicker than dj will.

His error imo was too much change. Too many out, too many in, wrote off cog without giving him a fair crack and keeps changing the line up. I still don't think he's got it right yet but he's getting closer. The defence has tightened up and we've stopped shipping goals like we were doing.

We gave sturrock and laws a bit of time but probably not as long as we should have. Irvine had to go a lot earlier than he did. Megson created a team that fought and battled and would probably have finished fourth. Dj got us promoted and for once, we are in a position to supply him with funds and time to build. The development side is moving along at a good speed and we have a good squad, performances have improved and I genuinely believe we will pick up maximum points from the next two games.

I thought we would finish 6th bottom at the start of the season worst case, I'd still think that now.

This my big thing with Jones is apart from 2 years at Southampton in the late 90's he hasn't been really any good. Make no mistake about it, he had shedload of money to spend on squads, the 2001/02 2002/03 he had by far the biggest budgets in the championship and he should've of buried us. You say the club is in the position to offer funds, and, support him. As far as I can tell the club has done this. He however took a promotion winning side and systematically seems to have dismantled the whole shebang.

Remember we are not talking about some novice here, he's managed in both Championship and Premiership for the past 8 out of 10 years. He should now know how to put a competitive Championship side together AND be able to motivate to win. it the motivate aspect that confuses me about him. Cardiff never where promoted, though had a good cup run, which, ultimately ended in failure. In 2004 the Wo1ve5 side he had spent close to £26 million on got beat 6-0 by Gillingham.

The larger question should be is he right for Wednesday? Personally I think it fairly obvious he isn't. You've got a side that should be midtable. I'd look to the lower leagues for somebody hungry. But, that's just me.

look everytime a manager goes on a losing run it doesnt mean the have choked.when you got relegated did you think megson choked, do you think ron atkinson choked when he lost 6 out of 7 to get relegated with us in 1990.your always more than welcome on here but leave the black country bias out of it mate

My definition of a "Choke" is to obtain an almost unassailable lead only to falter and see your nearest rivals go up. the Blunts choked last season. Jones has done it twice once in 2001/02 and again 2010/11 with Cardiff, when Swansea went up. Yeah I'm bias and make no apology for it. What is it 2pts from 27? Thats a fifth of the season mate! You deserve better,.

Don't think wi should get rid just yet, give him the next two games and at least 4 points otherwise it will be time to have a big think.

Everyone saying over the last 4 games we have improved, might be playing abit better but we are still pretty poor, also for them 4 'improved' games we got a total return of one point.

Like at blackburn on wednesday, we was the better side after 20 mins, but still hardly created flip all to show for the amount of posession we had, no good been the better team if you are still going to return with flip all points.

Blackburn - nowt special

Hull - nowt special

Bolton - nowt special

Hudds - nowt special

All them above weren't any better than us, yet they still beat us, that's what's worrying if we're not getting owt off teams we quite easily could/should be

6 pointers already the next two games.

This my big thing with Jones is apart from 2 years at Southampton in the late 90's he hasn't been really any good. Make no mistake about it, he had shedload of money to spend on squads, the 2001/02 2002/03 he had by far the biggest budgets in the championship and he should've of buried us. You say the club is in the position to offer funds, and, support him. As far as I can tell the club has done this. He however took a promotion winning side and systematically seems to have dismantled the whole shebang.

Remember we are not talking about some novice here, he's managed in both Championship and Premiership for the past 8 out of 10 years. He should now know how to put a competitive Championship side together AND be able to motivate to win. it the motivate aspect that confuses me about him. Cardiff never where promoted, though had a good cup run, which, ultimately ended in failure. In 2004 the Wo1ve5 side he had spent close to £26 million on got beat 6-0 by Gillingham.

The larger question should be is he right for Wednesday? Personally I think it fairly obvious he isn't. You've got a side that should be midtable. I'd look to the lower leagues for somebody hungry. But, that's just me.

My definition of a "Choke" is to obtain an almost unassailable lead only to falter and see your nearest rivals go up. the Blunts choked last season. Jones has done it twice once in 2001/02 and again 2010/11 with Cardiff, when Swansea went up. Yeah I'm bias and make no apology for it. What is it 2pts from 27? Thats a fifth of the season mate! You deserve better,.

blunts didnt choke they just played 2 of the better teams(mk and stevenage ) in the division and didnt win and we took advantage .man utd had an almost unassailable lead last season and blew it so by your reckoning fergie is a choker .you dont like jones that is perfectly obvious but to say he is a choker is ridiculous .