Time to go...........

Guest 1banana2banana

So down at the min, seemed to take ages to get home last night. Blackburn were average at best yet we couldn't score a goal FFs. Never mind the money they've spent they looked wee wee poor.

i dont think he should be sacked. a good manager doesnt become a sh!t manager overnight, and continuity breeds success, eventually. I just dont see what difference its going to make to us bringing in a new manager, who will have the same set of players to work with that Jones has.

Im concerned at the results and im really worrying about relegation. But im not convinced the answer lies in changing the manager. I didnt think it was the answer when we got rid of Laws or Sturrock either, not long term anyway.

Guest Wilf Marshall

MM might also be concerned with why 400k was spent on Maguire. The poor lad hasn't had a chance. Now in this dogfight it's not likely he will get it either. I guess they didn't realise that Bothroyd would be available at the time they signed him or that COG would be so good.

If he wins the next two games, he stays. If he loses them both, he goes. Yes, I can see how the previous 10 games impact that. :huh:

Have the courage of your convictions instead. Should Jones be sacked or not? Make an assessment on what he's done in the past, what he's doing now and what he's likely to do in the future. In all aspects of his responsibilities, not just the results of games. Don't wimp out and throw it into the lap of fate (and those who think anyone can ever have control over something so fleeting and with so many variables is a fool).

Your method could be making an enormous mistake either way. A poor manager might keep his job because for a couple of games he got lucky or a good one could be removed for the opposite reason. With this method, the chairman can stay at home, ignore all the other performance indicators and just look in the paper for the next couple of weeks. This element of the operation could be handled just as adequately by a toddler. And you wonder why I'm incredulous?

And as I've already pointed out, the whole premise is fraudulent anyway. Losing the two games will no doubt increase the clamour for a sacrificial lamb, but will winning them end the matter? Not a chance. The mob will extinguish their torches, but they'll keep them and the lighters close at hand.

ironic that you should make a reference to the sacrificial lamb during these Haj days. I hope you don't upset anyone with this reference - just taking the p**s mate.

I have said in another post that many on here wanted to set DJ up for failure since his arrival at the club. Looking at everything that has happened, been said and not done etc. etc. this looks more and more evident day by day. However DJM, there are posters that have genuine thoughts and considerations behind what is wrong at the club to be in the situation they are in. Many errors have been made - not only by DJ.

For us, it is even more difficult for people like me to make a call and I understand people saying "Phu - what do they know being overseas?"

We have to look at the big picture and I feel that DJ is the right man, after I have changed my mind a couple of times, I expressed thoughts about MM to a friend of mine as I wouldn't put it on here for bombardment from the negs saying "this guy saved our club etc. etc." - but that doesn't stop him making mistakes.

Many mistakes have been made and it is how they are rectified and how we come out of it that will set up what happens for the rest of this season. Having said all this load of tripe, I personally believe if they lose on Saturday, DJ could perhaps even walk citing it is not in the best interest of the club for him to stay (they won't be his words of course) - who knows.

If he wins the next two games, he stays. If he loses them both, he goes. Yes, I can see how the previous 10 games impact that. :huh:

Have the courage of your convictions instead. Should Jones be sacked or not? Make an assessment on what he's done in the past, what he's doing now and what he's likely to do in the future. In all aspects of his responsibilities, not just the results of games. Don't wimp out and throw it into the lap of fate (and those who think anyone can ever have control over something so fleeting and with so many variables is a fool).

Your method could be making an enormous mistake either way. A poor manager might keep his job because for a couple of games he got lucky or a good one could be removed for the opposite reason. With this method, the chairman can stay at home, ignore all the other performance indicators and just look in the paper for the next couple of weeks. This element of the operation could be handled just as adequately by a toddler. And you wonder why I'm incredulous?

And as I've already pointed out, the whole premise is fraudulent anyway. Losing the two games will no doubt increase the clamour for a sacrificial lamb, but will winning them end the matter? Not a chance. The mob will extinguish their torches, but they'll keep them and the lighters close at hand.

What a stupid thing to say, of course the previous 10 games impact the next two. I'm not saying "He needs to be sacked if he doesn't win the next two games" (regardless of how we've done previously) - what I AM saying is "He needs to be sacked if we don't win the next two games, who are third bottom & bottom respectively, considering we haven't won a single game in the last 10 & performances have been mostly (very) poor in that period".

And I didn't say Jones or any manager has control over anything, what I said was ...

I refuse to believe that a manager of a football club can only 'gently influence events'.

Which I stick by ! So don't try n twist my words.

And you mentioned my method is an enormous mistake either way ... the flip side would say that putting faith in a manager to get us out of this mess (which he got us into in the first place), to then not achieving this, to then sack him when it's too late and we're relegated. But as long as we gave him enough chance to turn it around and we weren't being too hysterical, then we can all sleep easy at night & know we tried to do the right thing.

There's examples for both sides, mine would be Danny Wilson (& ALMOST Paul Jewell), it doesn't mean that either of us are categorically wrong or right.

Oh and in answer to your question (assuming it wasn't rhetorical), if you're asking me to make a decision know on whether to sack him or not .... then I would !

i dont think he should be sacked. a good manager doesnt become a sh!t manager overnight, and continuity breeds success, eventually. I just dont see what difference its going to make to us bringing in a new manager, who will have the same set of players to work with that Jones has.

Im concerned at the results and im really worrying about relegation. But im not convinced the answer lies in changing the manager. I didnt think it was the answer when we got rid of Laws or Sturrock either, not long term anyway.

There's a very recent example of just that actually happening here.

If you listen to RS often then you must remember last season people saying that a win was very close for Doncaster as they were playing so well.... but they never did & got relegated. & they sacked their manager too late and replaced him with someone crap.

I think we give DJ the benefit of the doubt that we have been improving recently and have been dominating games and according to him...a win is just around the corner. So I think we see how he gets on in his next 2 games, anything less than 4 points then I would get shut. So if we lose on Saturday I would sack him....

My 3 major grumbles with him are.

1. Chris O'Grady - Treated so unfairly, always randomly drops him after he's played well. He's our top scorer and best striker by a mile. If you are going to insist on playing 4-5-1... (I personally am a fan of that formation & think we have the players to do it, it's only worked well twice. Burnley & Leeds, and who led the line that game? COG!) If you are playing this formation why on earth would you leave O'Grady on the bench and play Madine? I don't mind Madine but he's not a target man. He needs support, COG can hold the ball up and play it wide in his sleep. We should be building a team around this player FFS!!

2. Mark Beevers - Why have we loaned him to our Championship rivals? He hasn't done anything wrong to not be playing yet we've let our rivals have him on loan. Joke. He should be playing at the back with Llerra, or if not be ready to take Gardner's place when he gets injured.

3. Chris Maguire - Is there a reason why we're not playing him?? (like keiran lee, then tell us!!)

2 wins & 2 good performances and he's got my full backing but I think he's on borrowed time.

Good post

I really hate to be leaning towards the Jones Out camp but we need to win a f*cking game.

2 points from 27

Absolutely shambolic tbh

I agree that if we lose on Saturday then he has to go

:sad:

Certainly the last two performances indicate an improved performance - but where are the goals - over to you trevi9......

thats the answer bahrain mate ,pretty football or as people say improving means zilch without goals,at the moment our tally is notably not very good to say the least untill that or if it changes we are on a hiding to nothing ,bin there and got the t shirt,we canplay scintilating football but that matters nought if we can't hit the net

thats the answer bahrain mate ,pretty football or as people say improving means zilch without goals,at the moment our tally is notably not very good to say the least untill that or if it changes we are on a hiding to nothing ,bin there and got the t shirt,we canplay scintilating football but that matters nought if we can't hit the net

I have an old mate in England who always says "Mark, you always say the same thing - football is all about scoring goals". I know I'm not the only one who says this but a few more on here should realise it a bit more. Print still not got here. I just sent PM to Pahowl - no sweat.

Did you go last night? We dominated a side who will be promoted this season for large parts of the game. We were very unfortunate not to get that lucky break that would allow us to score.

And I see another 'Megson team comment' why do SO many people always refer back to Megson?

Because like it or not it was Megson's team. He was the manager before Heimlich was he not?

I have backed Dave Jones before and i have been made to look a fool,

Its embarassing, lack of fire power, lack of belief just lack of everything.

I dont like manager merry-go-round. But even 9 games without a win is a hell of alot of points dropped.

We have to change formation! 4-4-2 is the way to go. One forward doesnt work!!!!!!

I sat at Burnley a few weeks ago and was filled with optimism 3 goals away from home, i could only see positives coming.

Consistantly letting us down.

If we dont get two wins against P'boro and Ipswich then we are doomed for the drop.

I am so dissapointed, i honestly thought we would of come into this division and be perfectly positioned for a top half finish. People say points are still close, and 2 wins can move you up the league significantly, but where are these wins coming from.

:( Milan sort it before its too late.

So lets say he gets the sack tonight, who do we get to replace him?

So lets say he gets the sack tonight, who do we get to replace him?

To be fair, we didn't know that MM had DJ already lined up before he sacked GM. With a bit of luck he already has somebody lined up now.

If it was down to me (which it is not) the shortlist would consist of Curbishley, McCarthy and Di Canio.

I have backed Dave Jones before and i have been made to look a fool,

Its embarassing, lack of fire power, lack of belief just lack of everything.

I dont like manager merry-go-round. But even 9 games without a win is a hell of alot of points dropped.

We have to change formation! 4-4-2 is the way to go. One forward doesnt work!!!!!!

I sat at Burnley a few weeks ago and was filled with optimism 3 goals away from home, i could only see positives coming.

Consistantly letting us down.

If we dont get two wins against P'boro and Ipswich then we are doomed for the drop.

I am so dissapointed, i honestly thought we would of come into this division and be perfectly positioned for a top half finish. People say points are still close, and 2 wins can move you up the league significantly, but where are these wins coming from.

:( Milan sort it before its too late.

Jesus wept, one barren run.....