Mr mann mp letter to FA ragarding Leeds match

Guest owlsthatthen

85 seats, 4 urinals and one kiosk's shuttering all in West Stand.

Damage in North stand nil nada flip all

Mr Mann?

This is a very important point as it has nothing to do with obscene chanting etc but has everything to do with criminal damage.It also outlines the number of fans involved at the Lepps end. They were not a small minority as some people seem to think.

I think Mr Mann has changed his opinions/observations somewhat, perhaps he's been reading this forum after all.

The Warnock stuff is plain banter and should not be compared with having sex with children which is just vile. I heard Warnock say on five live that he laughs it off. Whether we like it or not Warnock has a good rapport with us and I'm sure he reveals in playing the pantomime villain when he's at Hillsborough.

The bigger buffer zone is a terrible idea. Other clubs have had a great deal of success by using the home sides closest to the away end as family stands. I think that this should be the way to go.

I know one thing, The Sheffield Safety Committee, or whatever they are called, will sh!t themselves after reading that. Remember their reluctance to open the ground up more when we played Wycombe.

Yeah, he enjoys it so much, he sends his players over to applaud the entirety of the Leeds fans, true supporters and violent morons.

You see then the danger of the modern media world we all live in - only minutes after the final whistle those comments, made by your own admission in the heat of the moment, and the full details of the offender Cawley were simultaneously circulating around the country. You will notice from the recent heated debates on this site's boardroom section, that the microscope Hillsborough is constantly subjected to upsets many, so the term riot was always going to inflame people. The events on Friday were poor, but not entirely unexpected. The behaviour of a minority does tend to tar everyone with the same brush. Many of the perpetrators on Friday, just simply reflect the wider society we live in. Smashing up seats, advert boards, toilets and kiosk shutters is behaviour, which now seems almost acceptable to the authorities. Perhaps politicians need to take some responsibility and change the legal system that puts deterrents in place rather than unenforceable banning orders and weak sentences - unless you've strayed near the Cambridge boat oar’s that is...

This^^^^^

Neil Warnock - "99.9% of our fans were excellent"

99.9% OF 5300 equals 5294.7 fans excellent 5.3 fans not excellent.

85 seats divided by 5.3 bad fans is 16 seats each.

Mr Warnock you sir are a poor judge of excellence?

Edited by big john

Neil Warnock - "99.9% of our fans were excellent"

99.9% OF 5300 equals 5294.7 fans excellent 5.3 fans not excellent.

85 seats divided by 5.3 bad fans is 16 seats each.

Mr Warnock you sir are a poor judge of excellence?

or in other words Warnock is crap at maths

I'd still like to know where he was say and why. If he was in the home then it shows an alarming lack of security from us. The next away fan who gets a ticket could be from the hooligan element of a club, and not a mild mannered middle aged bloke.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was in the Director's Box with someone like Clive Betts tbh Edited by Utah Owl

Dear mr mann

After a little chat with a sheffield wednesday fanatic named kray, I have come to the conclusion that about 7 or 8 of your 11 headlines are mainly tripe, and that you may have 'followed' leeds for 48 years, but been to not very many football matches in that time.

Lots of love, david bernstein xxx

What a load of balls..

Fails to acknowledge the history between Warnock et al and Wednesday and thus for unable to seperate banter with mindless hooliganism

Can tell he's seen 1 football match in 30 years

Typical MP talking balloks

What a load of balls..

Fails to acknowledge the history between Warnock et al and Wednesday and thus for unable to seperate banter with mindless hooliganism

Can tell he's seen 1 football match in 30 years

Typical MP talking balloks

wholly agree, the letter and it's recommendations are politcians hogwash and do not reflect the real situation at all.a complete lack of understanding of something he's followed for 40+ years...very worrying indeed that our country is being run by people like this!

wholly agree, the letter and it's recommendations are politcians hogwash and do not reflect the real situation at all.a complete lack of understanding of something he's followed for 40+ years...very worrying indeed that our country is being run by people like this!

Spot on too many of our politicians are deluded point scoring jobsworths, who actually don't give one frig about their constituents and are all about self publicity and side tracking from the important issues !

I think Mr Mann has changed his opinions/observations somewhat, perhaps he's been reading this forum after all.

The Warnock stuff is plain banter and should not be compared with having sex with children which is just vile. I heard Warnock say on five live that he laughs it off. Whether we like it or not Warnock has a good rapport with us and I'm sure he reveals in playing the pantomime villain when he's at Hillsborough.

The bigger buffer zone is a terrible idea. Other clubs have had a great deal of success by using the home sides closest to the away end as family stands. I think that this should be the way to go.

I know one thing, The Sheffield Safety Committee, or whatever they are called, will sh!t themselves after reading that. Remember their reluctance to open the ground up more when we played Wycombe.

Don’t think its been mentioned yet.

Anyone notice old Colin when the first "Warnock's a w@nker" went up from the kop. He just stood there, the deliberately checked his watch. Made me and a few guys around me chuckle

Edited by Burnsie

Rather surprised by his opening remarks about the number of youngsters in his area who are interested in football but do not attend Professional Matches. Could I ask Mr. Mann exactly how many 'professional' football clubs there are in his constituency? From my time living in the neighbouring constituency of Bolsover, I struggle to recall where the centre of 'Bassetlaw' is. My opinion is that it is based around Worksop, who have a non-league side, and the nearest clubs I can think of are Rotherham & Doncaster . Has he not hard of Wednesday's numerous 'kids for a quid' offer, and how many 'kids' should be attending a game that kicks off at 7.45 p.m, given the distance they would have to travel from Bassetlaw? Perhaps he should be laying more stress on the fact that this high risk game should not have been scheduled for a Friday Evening, just to suit television? I seem to remember in recent years that the SYP have insisted on Saturday Midday K.O's for Steel City Derbies.

Regarding the actions of SYP, how easy it is to blame them for not going in with riot shields, tear gas & Taser,s or even their simple batons. The recent events at the so-called 'Hillsborough Inquiry' has let them wide open to abuse whatever actions they take, and I speak not as an apologist for SYP, but as one who has often critised their actions.

The more worrying point is the blame that MUST be laid at the door of Mr.Mann and his colleagues in the Palace of Westminster (how appropriately named). The culprit was identified, named, charged and appeared before Sheffiled Magistrates on Mon. Morning. Considering that he was already serving bans from soccer as I understand it, was by his own admission pissed to the gills, broke onto a field of play, and in full view of Television cameras, assaulted a player - all misdemeanours he pleaded guilty to, what was his punishment? 4 months jail (of which because he pleaded guilty, and if he behaves himself he will serve 8 weeks) This basically is a maximum 4 or 5 match ban. It is no good the FA or the FL saying he would get a lifetime ban. They are virtually powerless to fully impose this. I feel sure that this case should have warrented Crown Court punishment. Maybe if Mr. Mann and his colleagues spent less time away from Parliament and more legislating, the country would not be in the mess it is. Numerous examples of hard, swift punishment for what many call minor crimes, has proved around the world to be simple and effective.

I do not rule out, either, the idiot who attempted to cause harm by throwing of fireworks from this. Wednesday should attempt identification of this idiot, and make an example of him as well.

Rather surprised by his opening remarks about the number of youngsters in his area who are interested in football but do not attend Professional Matches. Could I ask Mr. Mann exactly how many 'professional' football clubs there are in his constituency? From my time living in the neighbouring constituency of Bolsover, I struggle to recall where the centre of 'Bassetlaw' is. My opinion is that it is based around Worksop, who have a non-league side, and the nearest clubs I can think of are Rotherham & Doncaster . Has he not hard of Wednesday's numerous 'kids for a quid' offer, and how many 'kids' should be attending a game that kicks off at 7.45 p.m, given the distance they would have to travel from Bassetlaw? Perhaps he should be laying more stress on the fact that this high risk game should not have been scheduled for a Friday Evening, just to suit television? I seem to remember in recent years that the SYP have insisted on Saturday Midday K.O's for Steel City Derbies.

Regarding the actions of SYP, how easy it is to blame them for not going in with riot shields, tear gas & Taser,s or even their simple batons. The recent events at the so-called 'Hillsborough Inquiry' has let them wide open to abuse whatever actions they take, and I speak not as an apologist for SYP, but as one who has often critised their actions.

The more worrying point is the blame that MUST be laid at the door of Mr.Mann and his colleagues in the Palace of Westminster (how appropriately named). The culprit was identified, named, charged and appeared before Sheffiled Magistrates on Mon. Morning. Considering that he was already serving bans from soccer as I understand it, was by his own admission pissed to the gills, broke onto a field of play, and in full view of Television cameras, assaulted a player - all misdemeanours he pleaded guilty to, what was his punishment? 4 months jail (of which because he pleaded guilty, and if he behaves himself he will serve 8 weeks) This basically is a maximum 4 or 5 match ban. It is no good the FA or the FL saying he would get a lifetime ban. They are virtually powerless to fully impose this. I feel sure that this case should have warrented Crown Court punishment. Maybe if Mr. Mann and his colleagues spent less time away from Parliament and more legislating, the country would not be in the mess it is. Numerous examples of hard, swift punishment for what many call minor crimes, has proved around the world to be simple and effective.

I do not rule out, either, the idiot who attempted to cause harm by throwing of fireworks from this. Wednesday should attempt identification of this idiot, and make an example of him as well.

Well said that man-- the short(ish) sharp shock used on the "rioters" last year came as a shock to both rioters and the public alike.

Would it be too much for the government to provide funds for all banned football supporters to be invited to spend the duration of each match at a centre of"contemplation" where they cold be taught the error of there ways? :rolleyes:

Can't argue with much in that to be fair. Although, the steward part, I'm not sure what the job description is for a match day steward, but should we expect them to be running on the pitch taking this idiot down when there were what, 15? 20? other Leeds fans who were over the advertising hoardings? I know the club employs a lot of female stewards, and I certainly wouldn't expect to see the running after him. Surely a job for the police?

If a bigger buffer zone is going to stop fans launching objects at each other then I'm all for that. Lets be honest, it's not as if we're short of room is it?!