Mr mann mp letter to FA ragarding Leeds match

Guest owlsthatthen

TBH I agree with a lot of it, although not the Warnock is a w***** part. Is it distasteful? Probably. It's totally different though when it gets personal as it did with DJ.

TBF, the things we was saying about Kennys wife were worse than the Warnock is a w***** stuff.

I'm glad he's had a good old think about his previous 'rioting' claim as I think he knows he would have been required to provide irrefutable evidence of such a claim/allegation. In summary, I think that is a pretty unbiased account, especially compared to the letter I envisaged he'd be writing.

Edited by Almat

The "abuse" of Neil Warnock has to be kept in context.

Neil Warnock has gone on record with the fact that he accepts he is the "pantomime villain" at grounds - Hillsborough especially - and has gone on record with his admiration for our club and our support despite being subjected to such "abuse" for years, with the most recent public praise for our club being as recent as last week.

By contrast, Dave Jones is a man who had his career (and by all accounts, his life) turned upside down and dragged through the gutter by spurious and false claims about his private life. Claims and lies he has spent the last 12 years dealing with and the last 12 years being reminded of by football supporters.

The two things aren't even REMOTELY the same and context HAS to be applied here. I'm very disappointed that an MP, and therefore a person of authority and supposed intellect, has failed to identify that in what is otherwise a rather sensible letter.

Not sure there is much difference between the stuff aimed at Kenny vs stuff aimed at Jones.

Also - the die piggy song aimed towards Brown, Tonge and Kenny has never been an especially pleasant little ditty and is as bad as the stuff Jones was getting.

He missed points 12 &13

12. I am aware that some Leeds United fanatics purposely obtained tickets for the stands reserved for Sheffield Wednesday fanatics and took to their seats to observe the game......This makes a mockery of any buffer zone, however large you make it, and I hope the full weight of the law will be brought against such Leeds United fanatics

13. Please ignore point 12 as I have just realised I am referring to myself and as we all know what applies to the general public shouldn't apply to me as an MP

Hypocrite