Best Wednesday Hat-Trick you've seen?

Carlton Palmer was a great player but renowned for his bad finishing. When he surprisingly netted his second against QPR shortly before half time I remember thinking oh great, they're going to spend all the second half weeing about trying to get Carlton a hat trick - then he burst into the box again to get his third of the half!

Anyone else notice this in that link to Sheff Wed 3-3 Liverpool?

"

England's worst league club, Doncaster Rovers, were the guests of honour at a Valentine's Day "love-in" at Brighton, who lie one place above them. Followers of Brighton, who have to play their games 75 miles from home in Gillingham, mixed happily with Doncaster fans after Kent police agreed to relax segregation.

The "Heart of Football" event was designed to attract attention to both club's plights.

While Brighton have no home, Doncaster are facing relegation and possible oblivion; the club's owner goes on trial next month accused of conspiring to burn down part of the ground a couple of years ago.

The game ended 0-0 and the Yorkshiremen remain seven points adrift of the rest of the league. "

Guest Owls1682

Hirtsy against hull!

Oh and robins in LDV at Carlisle!! -10 and flew from stansted and hired car from Newcastle airport. One problem, car got nicked outside ground!

Hahahaha cheers! Night on airport floor! £300 later ! Nsungu scored too!

Quality times

UTO

Oh and robins in LDV at Carlisle!!

I'm not sure he did get a hat trick? Wasn't that his debut?

I drove up with my cousin and am sure he got a brace in that game

Sure one of your blokes got a hat-trick against us not so long ago. Was it Steve Maclean?

My greatest hat-trick for West Brom of course:

Simply brilliant. A day I will NEVER ever forget.

Wolves 1 Sandwell Town 5

I remember that game, amazing derby performance. Felt a bit sorry for Terry Connor but not too much :duntmatter:

Andy Blair's hat-trick of pens against Luton in the League Cup In 1988 and David Hurst's four against Hull City in 1990.those two stand out for me. :tango:

Blair's hat-trick was in 1984 and came a few weeks after Varadi got a hat-trick against Leicester. Varadi got another hat-trick that season against Oldham (FA Cup). It seemed so easy back then. :biggrin:

According to Wiki Andy Blair only scored 3 goals for us.

They must mean 3 league goals. He scored in that Leicester game too.

when you write it like that it does sound a memorable season yet i recall it as a season of disappointment where we failed to capitilise on a good start .

Very true,it was a memorable season still,blighted by injuries,Mobleys injury from the chelsea semi saw him out for almost half that season,and long term injuries to Fantham and Eustace disrupted things.Then there was the controversial sales of Dobson AND John Hickton.We finished 11th,but it could have been higher,but its easy with hindsight.