Best Wednesday Hat-Trick you've seen?

Only one at S6 I can remember wasnt Wednesday, but Micheal Owen for Liverpool during Big Rons second stint, Wednesday were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go - but owen was sensational, he'd only just come on for the last 10 minutes.

Disclaimer: I may have mis-remembered part or all of this

Fastest I have ever seen.....

Against us I'm afraid. Notts County away 1974-5. We were 1-0 up, then one of their players- a winger- got 3 in about 5 minutes. So we were 3-1 down. We came back to draw 3-3 but went down to Div 3 at end of season.

Keith Ellis at Man Utd 60-1 FA Cup stands out. We won 7-2. To show it wasn't a fluke we beat them 5-1 in the league at Hillsbro same season. Gerry Young, normally a wing-half played as a makeshift CF and scored a hat-trick. So two against MU in ONE season. Those were the days!

Hirst getting 4 against hull

Does that count

Hell yeah - I'd go with this one.

Carlton Palmer v crystal palace unreal who would of thought it

Although that was unbelievable. We did enjoy thumping qpr.

I remember Dalian Atkinson and Steve Whitton both getting hat-tricks in the same game when we beat Aldershot 8-0 away in the cup.

I wonder who got the match ball??

Didn't we have a really bad start to that season?

Brian Joicey v Palace in a cup replay at Villa Park.

Has to be ! Palace had splashed the cash that pre season, we were long outsiders even at home. Henderson had a great game at Hillsborough, Sunley got a late equaliser on his Birthday at Palace. Then came the replay aboout 15,000 of the 19000 crowd were our lot. We were second best for long periods of play but we battled from behind on two occassions with the line and scoring lead superbly by Joicey. We were in raptures when he sank the extra time 'hat trick' winner...The celebrations were on !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Fastest I have ever seen.....

Against us I'm afraid. Notts County away 1974-5. We were 1-0 up, then one of their players- a winger- got 3 in about 5 minutes. So we were 3-1 down. We came back to draw 3-3 but went down to Div 3 at end of season.

Keith Ellis at Man Utd 60-1 FA Cup stands out. We won 7-2. To show it wasn't a fluke we beat them 5-1 in the league at Hillsbro same season. Gerry Young, normally a wing-half played as a makeshift CF and scored a hat-trick. So two against MU in ONE season. Those were the days!

I was at both them, the day of the Gerry Young feat I got a sherrifs badge in corn flakes or something or other and complained to my dad phew it's only Gerry Young. I did n't have it off my lapell for months after.

This. I've got to be pushing my triple century but don't think I've seen a competitive one live.

Come to think of it; didn't Mellor get a hat trick against Hartlepool in tin pot trophy. Was definitely at that game, just not sure about the hat trick. Would be typical if my youngest, who has been to about 20 games had seen the same number of hat tricks as me.

The Whitton and Atkinson game was the second leg I think, after a 0-0 draw at HIllsborough which could be one of the single worst examples of professional football ever staged. It was awful, I remember Palmer failing to reach an empty net from six yards out. Not shooting wide, it didn't REACH.

According to Wiki Andy Blair only scored 3 goals for us.

He also (wiki) won the European cup with Villa despite not even being on the bench.

Always take Wiki with a pinch of salt.

Useful research tool but not always 100% correct.

I remember Andy Blairs goal at Everton in our first season back in the big time 85ish.

He scored with a cracking shot past big Nev.

Best Wednesday hat trick i ever saw......

Jack Charlton at Highbury in the Semi.

He came out onto the pitch before the game to salute the Wednesday hordes on the North Bank and down one side of the ground and his flat cap fell off!

He flicked his foot out before the cap hit the turf, swizzled it abaht and flicked it back up into the air and ducked his head and the cap landed smack onto his bonce.

Cue song ....... "Jackie Charlton's Magic, he wears a Magic hat......."

Jack Whitham v Man U (Best, Charlton, Law et al) in 1968, 5-4 to us. Magical

This gets my vote as well. Jumping Jack would disappear for long periods in the game and then out of the blue he would pop up and put himself into a tremendous position to score a goal. One of great goal poachers IMO