Best Wednesday Hat-Trick you've seen?

Guest balbyowl

Was at that game in with the Rovers fans. Live in Donny so loved it,just loved it. Kenwyne got the other. First one of his record scoring run I believe ?

For an unexpected one, John Sissons at Burnley approx 1972 - we still lost!

i remember that one of them (the 3rd i think)was a stunner on the volley from 30 yards ....anyway for me you'd never get a better hat-trick than hirsty against hull.

Hirsty scored all 5 against Hull.....although one was credited to Paul Williams he actually hit it against Hirsty's chest and it took a massive deflection to go in......if that had been for his hat trick he'd have got it, as it was I don't think he was arsed

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Got to be Hirsty vs Hull. The volley goal and the one where he ran from the halfway line were outstanding.

Also remember a decent hatrick from him against Barnsley in the LDV. Think there was only 5k there for that one.

It would be Withams v man utd for me,that had to be one of the finest games hillsboro ever saw in the last century.

The 66-67 season had 3 players get hatricks,i saw em all,a very young David Ford got 3 against Burnley,Witham would have got one as well in that game,but mcCalliog took the ball off him and hit the bar from a spot kick.Fantham also got 3 against Southampton,one was a real purler,just like Currans goal at the sty,he arced back from the corner flag,cut inside 2 saints players,and from the corner of the box,shot into the bottom corner,low past martin,reyt goal! In the cup that season,Big John Ritchie scored 3 past young Pete Springett of QPR,we totally outplayed them.Same season,Ford missed a simple one or hed have had a hatrick as well against Chelsea (6-1) and Ritchie hit the bar when on 2 goals v Sunderland (5-0) otherwise wed have had 6 hatricks all in memorable season!

I also nominate Hirsty's and Blair's. I was at a freezing 0-0 draw at Coventry a few years back watching Enoch SHowumni up front looking like he would never score. Anyhow, Coventry wheeled out a few ex-players at half time. Andy Blair got as bit a round of applause from us as them!

It would be Withams v man utd for me,that had to be one of the finest games hillsboro ever saw in the last century.

The 66-67 season had 3 players get hatricks,i saw em all,a very young David Ford got 3 against Burnley,Witham would have got one as well in that game,but mcCalliog took the ball off him and hit the bar from a spot kick.Fantham also got 3 against Southampton,one was a real purler,just like Currans goal at the sty,he arced back from the corner flag,cut inside 2 saints players,and from the corner of the box,shot into the bottom corner,low past martin,reyt goal! In the cup that season,Big John Ritchie scored 3 past young Pete Springett of QPR,we totally outplayed them.Same season,Ford missed a simple one or hed have had a hatrick as well against Chelsea (6-1) and Ritchie hit the bar when on 2 goals v Sunderland (5-0) otherwise wed have had 6 hatricks all in memorable season!

when you write it like that it does sound a memorable season yet i recall it as a season of disappointment where we failed to capitilise on a good start .

Guest pwilkysowls

Yup. Thats number one for me. Remember the last goal, picked up the ball on the half way line, ran down the right and slid it in - ran in front of the kop end of the South where we were sat - magical. One goal was pure class, stuck out his foot, doinked it over his head, swivelled and lashed it home with the left boot on the volley - flippingamazing.

Seen Carlton's and Boothies as well as a Michael Owen hat trick, but nothing will ever get near Hirsties.

so many magic moments watching hirsty

we wont see a striker anywhere near as good for ever!!!!