What do we think Chris Lines is thinking?

There is a thread entitled "have we forgotten Danny Mayor" but

about 3 weeks ago I am sure Chris lines expected to be first choice next to Semedo. Indeed he calls him "my midfield partner".

How far down the order is he likely to be when he recovers?

Big decisions for DJ.

I can see Mr Big Guns reaching for his keypad as soon as I press post

By September hopefully we will know how good the new midfielders are.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I just don't think Chris Lines is good enough to be a regular first team player now. The signing of McCabe took him out of the first team, and with Jones clearly highlighting the central midfield aspect as an area where strengthening is required, the next couple of weeks could well result in him being pushed down to being merely a reserve player.

Now don't get me wrong, it'd be unfair to criticise Lines and claim he's useless. He's definitely not. His assists tally last year prove his final ball is excellent, and as many have mentioned, his turn of pace is actually really exciting. But there are (in my opinion) clear flaws in his game. If he can iron these out then I reckon he could comfortably be a Championship player.

With the potential signing of Barkley on the horizon, it could be a tough year for Mr Lines. God knows what individuals like Coke are thinking at this moment in time.

Guest Big Guns

It's all over for lines it was as soon as the whistle blew against wycombe.

Don't cry about it all it means is we've signed better players that's wot its all about ..

He'll be wishing he never got injured. Although I doubt we wouldve turned down McCabe or possibly Barkley if he was fit.

He's just got to rise to the challenge, its what he needs. He has shown his ability in flashes now he has to do it more often.

Edited by Bluesteel

He's a professional footballer, who since he's been here has shown nothing but a desire for the club to do well.

Competition for places is to be expected anywhere and as a professional I'm sure he sees it as a good thing that good players are coming in, there will be a bit of disappointment when he regains fitness and most likely finds himself watching from the sidelines, but that is also part of the game, he'll be fine.

He probably wouldn't mind a get well soon card from Big Guns though

Edited by leea8331