What do we think Chris Lines is thinking?

Like many, I hope Semedo has just had a couple of "off" games. He has looked really poor compared to last season. Lines for me is not good enough for the championship but as a last call I would prefer him over coke, prutton etc.

IF Barkley comes, Lines won't get on the bench!

Like many, I hope Semedo has just had a couple of "off" games. He has looked really poor compared to last season. Lines for me is not good enough for the championship but as a last call I would prefer him over coke, prutton etc.

I bet he does.

Guest silvergusy

From what I've heard lines was our best performer in pre season, looking forward to seeing him back in a wednesday shirt and fighting for his place.

If lines is kept out of the starting lineup then somebody is playing superb.

He's probably thinking he wishes he was as good as Rhys McCabe!

THIS!

Lines has had his day as a regular first team starter. Decent vision and good delivery but far too light-weight to make an impact in Championship. Good back up for a season. No more, no less.

Guest wilyfox

He'll be thinking if Semedo plays much more like Oldham & Derby then I'll get the slot alongside McCabe........

wouldn't mind seeing Lines & McCabe paired together when he returns. Semedo is a gem, and terrific at what he does - but is very one-dimensional; the higher Wednesday want to go, retention & usage of the ball becomes even more crucial. Jose may need to add a string or two to his bow, or he could himself be under threat.

wouldn't mind seeing Lines & McCabe paired together when he returns. Semedo is a gem, and terrific at what he does - but is very one-dimensional; the higher Wednesday want to go, retention & usage of the ball becomes even more crucial. Jose may need to add a string or two to his bow, or he could himself be under threat.

People should start getting used to the idea that Semedo could well be replaced at some parts in the season, because it's going to happen going on the names and sorts of players we've been linked with and trying to bring in.

Whilst I am a fan of Lines and do believe he has been a bargain purchase for the 60k we paid, I can't help but feel that his injury may become a bit of a blessing in the long run.

Whilst we may struggle for cover in the next game or two, his absence has opened up a huge opportunity for McCabe, an opportunity I felt he took with both hands at derby on Saturday.

I am not saying Lines is a bad player, just McCabe has more quality and he has to be thrown in, rather than playing bit part roles, or rotating with Lines. In the long term, McCabe will turn out to be an absolute quality player. The reality is that an injury may have helped him significantly on his road to stardom at SWFC

I just don't think Chris Lines is good enough to be a regular first team player now. The signing of McCabe took him out of the first team, and with Jones clearly highlighting the central midfield aspect as an area where strengthening is required, the next couple of weeks could well result in him being pushed down to being merely a reserve player.

Now don't get me wrong, it'd be unfair to criticise Lines and claim he's useless. He's definitely not. His assists tally last year prove his final ball is excellent, and as many have mentioned, his turn of pace is actually really exciting. But there are (in my opinion) clear flaws in his game. If he can iron these out then I reckon he could comfortably be a Championship player.

With the potential signing of Barkley on the horizon, it could be a tough year for Mr Lines. God knows what individuals like Coke are thinking at this moment in time.

No it didn't, his injury did.

TBH Semedo has definitely looked shakey, but I think that it could be due to him not having his partner in crime next to him. Whatever anyone says, the pair of them have/had an excellent understanding and I think they both complemented each other. Now that Lines has gone it isn't any coincidence that Semedo has gone a bit wayward

I just don't think Chris Lines is good enough to be a regular first team player now. The signing of McCabe took him out of the first team, and with Jones clearly highlighting the central midfield aspect as an area where strengthening is required, the next couple of weeks could well result in him being pushed down to being merely a reserve player.

Now don't get me wrong, it'd be unfair to criticise Lines and claim he's useless. He's definitely not. His assists tally last year prove his final ball is excellent, and as many have mentioned, his turn of pace is actually really exciting. But there are (in my opinion) clear flaws in his game. If he can iron these out then I reckon he could comfortably be a Championship player.

With the potential signing of Barkley on the horizon, it could be a tough year for Mr Lines. God knows what individuals like Coke are thinking at this moment in time.

His injury took him out of the first team not the signing of MaCabe .

Like .DJ said these players earned the right to play in the Championship and just like Mattock and Lee ,MaCabe would of probably had to wait for his chance

How much you want to bet soft lad ?