possible clubs avaliable for takeover according to the sun

Makes me laugh when Blades ridicule the League Cup win. However worthless you think it is, it's always going to be one rung up the ladder from anything Sheffield United have won in the last 90 years.

As for play-off final's, flip me, you'd love to have won just one of those. What's your record now, 4 and 0?

That article is a load of sh*te

bingo.

Anyone who thinks the blunts would only cost £15m has done zero research, likewise palace. And they defo havent done any digging into the Leeds scenario...

Think Milan would be looking for a bit more than £25m as well, although it wouldnt surprise me if he came to a deal on that, depending on how we do this year.

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

reading it again, it must have been written by a leeds fan, 40mil for them 5/5 buyability due to size of elland road. Has no one told him hillsbough is bigger? Cheaper and got better prospects as you dont have to deal with master bates.

Agreed. Doesn't mention that they nolonger own Elland Road or their training ground so have no real assets.

Strange they didn't mention Wednesday's "Glorious history" but thats probably because it's highly unlikely there's anyone still alive that remembers it.

One League Cup and Play off final hardly count.

Last season still hurt piggy? Shame.

Game of you to try and keep up some banter when the battle is so one-sided though.

Palace - opportunity to expand.

That is the very factor they haven't got in their favour. Massive catchment area with good economy, and decent fan base as a foundation.

However, they've been trying to sort out Selhurst for decades - it's impossible to expand in a traditional sense, the properties around the stadium are expensive to buy and unwilling, plus they sold too much land to Sainsburys.

There are no other sites in Croydon or Bromley viable - Crystal Palace park is now a no go.

Therefore you'd be buying a club with a crumbling stadium with no easy answer to fix - and mostly certainly not a cheap one.

To turn them into a sustainable premier league club would cost hundreds of millions. Why bother when there are two better option in south London?

Still, another well thought out sun article.

Makes me laugh when Blades ridicule the League Cup win. However worthless you think it is, it's always going to be one rung up the ladder from anything Sheffield United have won in the last 90 years.

As for play-off final's, flip me, you'd love to have won just one of those. What's your record now, 4 and 0?

And, of course, they didn't want to win it when they got to the semi final?? And when they travelled to their 4 play offs they couldnt be bothered if they won or lost? OK.

The media seem to be in denial about Uniteds chances just as much as thier fans. At least 3 pundits (all of them) in the racing Post say United are the bet of the year at 6-1 for the title. Mainly because they scored 93 goals last year. Nearly as bad as the Sun!

Strange they didn't mention Wednesday's "Glorious history" but thats probably because it's highly unlikely there's anyone still alive that remembers it.

One League Cup and Play off final hardly count.

They should have mentioned Blades "glorious history" after plying your trade in the fourth division.

Guest mikeglossopowl

No research has been done hence the value of £40M for Leeds.....unless they are aware this is what Bates is after. I would say our ground and training ground are worth more than £20M so Milan should expect much more than that!

Looks like another 'Leeds love in that article'. Explains their fan base, history and stadium and we get no mention, despite ours being as good, if not better.

Eh.... how do you work that out.

far from me to defend L**ds but.........

Wednesday's fan base is nowhere near as good or even better, you've not averaged over 30k for well over 40 years.

The stadiums debateable, both are showing there age.

As for History, Wednesday's is all pre WW2. As I said, nobodys left to remember it.

Whats your European pedigree, youv'e never been to European cup final, you've never won the UEFA cup you've not even been in the Champions League qualifying rounds never mind to a semi final.

Stop posting myths.