Most aggressive you have seen a Wednesday player?

Probably not the most aggressive thing in comparison to some of the other things posters have mentioned, but really wanted to mention Reda squaring up to one of the Pig players at the 2-2 away game this season. The look on his face was terrifying, bet the oinker bricked himself!

Edited by Owl Rly

Probably not the most aggressive thing in comparison to some of the other things posters have mentioned, but really wanted to mention Reda squaring up to one of the Pig players at the 2-2 away game this season. The look on his face was terrifying, bet the oinker bricked himself!

it's proberly that why the snortbeasts blew it in the end. :tango:

Years ago there was a 'thing' between Everton and Wednesday. I think it was Brian Marwood who caught Adrian Heath in a tackle - Heath as out for months but I always thought the tackle was just a forward's tackle and accidental. Peter Ried took it upon himself in the return match at Hillsborough to exact revenge - kicking Marwood up hill and down dale. Then at one moment Ried was passed the ball and was running down the wing in front of the south stand. I swear Laurie Madden was in the centre circle. It was always obvious what was going to happen . Madden ran across at full pelt and if the advertising board hadn't stopped him Ried would landed in the stand. Good old fashioned centre half's crunching reminder that there is always someone bigger than you!!!

I remember in the mid 80s, can't remember who it was against, but we'd had a corner that had come to nothing and as the players were trotting back to their positions for the goal kick Paul Hart had a little look around to make sure none of the officials were watching and he gave one of the opposition players an almighty boot in the back of the calf, he went down like a sack of poo poo. Hart just stood there trying to look innocent whilst the player was getting treatment.

I don't think many people in the ground saw it, but I did.

Guest Phil_Owl

I once saw JJ chin a player quite near the ref, the ref didnt see it because all the ref could see was the back of the player who got chined

Years ago there was a 'thing' between Everton and Wednesday. I think it was Brian Marwood who caught Adrian Heath in a tackle - Heath as out for months but I always thought the tackle was just a forward's tackle and accidental. Peter Ried took it upon himself in the return match at Hillsborough to exact revenge - kicking Marwood up hill and down dale. Then at one moment Ried was passed the ball and was running down the wing in front of the south stand. I swear Laurie Madden was in the centre circle. It was always obvious what was going to happen . Madden ran across at full pelt and if the advertising board hadn't stopped him Ried would landed in the stand. Good old fashioned centre half's crunching reminder that there is always someone bigger than you!!!

I've seen Madden do that a few times. My favourite was at Bramall Lane when we took a young reserve team. One of United's more experienced players was trying to intimidate the kids and fouled one of them badly. Madden was of course involved in the pushing and shoving that followed but he wasn't finished there. Some time later this same player (I think it might have been Bob Atkins but it is a long time ago) was involved in a scramble near the edge of our box and ended up on the floor. Madden came in and pretending to try and clear the ball booted this guy right in the lower back. It might have looked plausible as an aggressive challenge (I can't remember if he got booked) but I knew exactly what Madden was up to.

Crunching tackles were the norm for Norman Curtis - always said he was fair but short-sighted . Same for Tony Kay and boy did Bronco give that Villa player a whack before all the cushions came raining down . would have been funny if we hadn't have lost.

Hirsty had a few against the blades. A beauty of a two footed challenge on Tom Cowan in front of Utds kop and (as already mentioned) the 50 yard sprint and flying punch / kick thing he did against Glyn Hodges was comedy gold.

Carlton Palmers knee high challenge on Jan Molby 5 mins into the new season at Anfield was pretty aggressive.

Although I can't remember anything specific, Mick Lyons is probably the toughest Wednesday Player I've seen in my lifetime. Away from Wednesdays Graeme Souness was / is a proper nut job.