Most aggressive you have seen a Wednesday player?

Dave Clements..Jeff Johnson and Rushberry....Clements just used to plough through players...I can remember him once simply running 60 yds with oppo players simply bouncing off him...no skill used...he just set off in a straight line an' woebetide any bugger who tried to make him deviate from it...

Jeff Johnson at Hereford away in a mudbath ...(I think he got the winner in this one)...started a sliding tackle from about 30 yds away from the ball and took the whole Hereford midfield out...then simply stood looking surprised with his foot on the ball as the ref blew....there were Hereford players laid out all over...it looked like the fookin' Somme....

Rushberry put many a winger into the North...Its a different game now....

Edited by asteener1867

It was a long time ago so who knows how accurate my memory is? But wasn't Madden the regular captain of the team back then? Can't imagine him being the sub for a team of youngsters.

I have a feeling it was a preseason game or a benefit match or something for a Blades player.

Maybe Bob Booker.

Sheridan giving the defence a right boll**ing v Man U at home 1991

If it's the same incident I'm thinking of (and my memory isn't playing tricks on me) it is on one of the official videos and it was Danny Wilson laying into Viv Anderson and Paul Warhurst.

When jj kicked the water bottle and apparently nearly killed everyone haha

Nothing to do with the thread, but:

Mate got replaced, and went to kick a bottle (JJ way), but missed it and hit a bench instead breaking his toe :biggrin: Those few people in the crowd almost pi55ed themselves laughing :rolleyes: