Most aggressive you have seen a Wednesday player?

My mind might be playing tricks but i seem to remember gary bannister and someone chasing the ball across the pitch and mid dash Baniister punched the player in the gob.

I seem to think he didnt even wait for the red card just ran straight down the tunnell.

Although thats could be young boys mind playing tricks BTW.

I've seen Madden do that a few times. My favourite was at Bramall Lane when we took a young reserve team. One of United's more experienced players was trying to intimidate the kids and fouled one of them badly. Madden was of course involved in the pushing and shoving that followed but he wasn't finished there. Some time later this same player (I think it might have been Bob Atkins but it is a long time ago) was involved in a scramble near the edge of our box and ended up on the floor. Madden came in and pretending to try and clear the ball booted this guy right in the lower back. It might have looked plausible as an aggressive challenge (I can't remember if he got booked) but I knew exactly what Madden was up to.

I was at this game and I'm pretty sure the United player was Wally Downes and Madden was sent on as a sub to "sort him". Downes had to go off injured lol

I was at this game and I'm pretty sure the United player was Wally Downes and Madden was sent on as a sub to "sort him". Downes had to go off injured lol

It was a long time ago so who knows how accurate my memory is? But wasn't Madden the regular captain of the team back then? Can't imagine him being the sub for a team of youngsters.

Can't remember the exact year but it was sometime in late sixties i think in a game against Wolves.

There was a bit of jostling at a corner and Derek Dougan (Big strapping Wolves centre forward ) took an almighty swing at Peter Eustace.

Eustace ducked and then landed an uppercut on Dougan's chin laying him out.

Ref sent Eustace off straight away then after 5 mins of treatment Dougan staggered to his feet and was sent off as well.

Strangest thing about it is that was probably the one and only time i can remember Eustace showing that side to him as i think most people who saw him play would testify!

I'm sure that was Vic Mobley.....early in the 1969/70 relegation season? The last match Vic ever played for us before his ill-fated (and for us rather expensive) move to QPR

FOR.

Has to be David Broco Layne laying out Villa centre half with the sweetest hook you have ever seen. By the time the Villa man came round his boots were out of date.

That was the North Stand cushion fiasco !

AGAINST.

Has to be Steve Bould assault on David Hirst.

Oh yes!!! I remember that Nev! Bronco never did take any prisoners!

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Big Viv when he chinned John Fashanu at Hillsborough, Fash went off on a stretcher with a red card waved in his face by the referee.

Hirsty had some battles, one with Andy Pearce was quite tasty.

Terry Curran against Utd at the Lane when he did one of their players off the ball but the MOTD cameras caught some of it.

Against us, undoubtedly Phil Bennet's career ending challenge on young Ian Knight. Absolutely cold blooded deliberate and brutal.

Guest owl_be_back

Big Viv when he chinned John Fashanu at Hillsborough, Fash went off on a stretcher with a red card waved in his face by the referee.

Hirsty had some battles, one with Andy Pearce was quite tasty.

yes i remember that Andy pearce incident

He was playing for coventry at the time and two footed hirsty from behind

Hirst then jumped back up and squared up to him only to relise Andy pearce was a foot taller

but i remember hirsty been really pissed off

Ken Knighton hard as nails.

Back when a crunching tackle was a mans game.

Remember KK during a county cup tie at the stain. Their chief ponce Currie was dancing around with the ball and KK slid in and sent currie 10 feet into the air ball and lot went.

Also Dave Clements at Birmingham 71 season A young Trevor Francis tried to ghost past him. DC stuck his leg out and TF ran into it and was lifted clean off his feet landing on his back DC then held his hands out in innocence to the ref.