Owls Clinch Third Signing Of The Summer

Guest Big Guns

How many left-footed defenders have we got now?

Llera

Reda

Jones

Beevers

Reynolds

I've never known a women with so much footballing knowledge as Kivo..

Guest TTOwl

How many left-footed defenders have we got now?

Llera

Reda

Jones

Beevers

Reynolds

Reynolds is a defender? Could've fooled me.

Why does it matter how many left-footed defenders we have?

Most squads have a large amount right footed defenders

Right-footed centre-halves often play to the left - they get used to it.

Left-footed centre-halves seldom play to the right.

Beevers and Wood was a partnership that should have worked, but neither of them were happy playing on their right foot

if they get past the injuries all well and good , but at the minuit , i'm a bit underwhelmed ,not in the players as such ,but fitness ,

Couldnt have put it better Trev. Players who have played at a higher level but the reason they have ended up here is because of their fitness.

Speaking to a few Palace fans (which I usually try to avoid doing) they say he's an awesome signing for us and was their best player last year. I've not seem him play so can't really disagree with them. Time will tell

we need good players flip what age they are and if it is gardner he fits the bill .for years we been scratching around signing the likes of westwood ,maddix,,diallo ,purse ,coughlin,hinds etc etc and now we can afford a bit of quality some people still arnt happy .

Graham Coughlin, loved him. Poor mans Mickey Lyons.

Graham Coughlin, loved him. Poor mans Mickey Lyons.

wouldnt argue with you mate remember the game against watford(i think) when he got a bang on the head dont think he knew what day it was and still had to be dragged off the pitch ......shouldnt really have put him in the list of rubbish that i posted.

Edited by torryowl

Guest Sniper1

Palace thought he was worth a new contract.

I could understand the fitness worries if Palace released him because of it, they wanted to keep him.

It was Anthony's decision to walk.

Got a better offer from a bigger club?

Guest bigblue

If you put in context, so far we have replaced jameson with kirkland ostsembor with lee and segdwick with gardner. I don't think that's a bad start in putting a squad together for next season. And as yet we haven't even spent anything. Win win I would say.

I see what you're saying there, but I'll feel more confident when I see who comes in to replace Batth, Antonio and Ranger. And a top class creative midfielder and left winger for that matter.

Much work to do this close season...

Ok....doesn't that mean he reads the game well though?

I think his ability to read the game will be moot point, given how slow he is. He'd need to be Ledley King to be able to sweep with his size.

As for the 'younger Llera' point, he is 13 months younger... Not exactly a MASSIVE gap.

Im sure Jones has a plan, but at the minute it looks a strange one. Wouldnt be suprised to see a departure or 2 in defence soon, if Gardner does sign.

wouldnt argue with you mate remember the game against watford(i think) when he got a bang on the head dont think he knew what day it was and still had to be dragged off the pitch ......shouldnt really have put him in the list of rubbish that i posted.

Coughlan was what we needed that year coming back up a division. Leadership, character and some vital goals.

The way he left was very poor, if I remember right his brother had died and when Coughlan came back from Ireland he was made to train with the youth players. Bizarre.

I know some people didn't like the challenge he put in that injured Tudgay when we played Rotherham but he was a very good signing for us.

Anyway, Gardner - no doubt at all on his quality, the reports from Palace fans are as glowing as you're ever likely to get. I hope we've protected ourselves in the terms of his contract in case of injury. Aside from that I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us.