Owls Clinch Third Signing Of The Summer

Picky bassards! Meant rod not jameson and didn't suggest that gardner would play in sedges position (flippinghope not: not even a squad player last season!)Rather that the three players we have brought in as opposed to the three that have left substantially strebgthens our squad. Think those I quoted may have played around 15 games between in league 1. Think the new three will play substantially more games in the chamionship

If its Gardner I think it's a cracking signing, premiership experience with Spurs, did well in the championship last couple of seasons and a player we would not have been able to attract last season. Things are looking up, 3 decent signings with not a penny of the transfer fund spent yet, that is good business in my eye's and keeps money available for when we need to splash a few pounds eg Antonio!

Not that I'm doubting your knowledge here, but what leads you to believe Gardner can't read the game?

He's MASSIVE & quite slow.

He's the CB who will go and meet the ball, not the one who tucks in behind as he gets out paced.

His pedigree is better than Jones, so maybe he's a replacement for him, rather than Batth.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I can only assume the delay in announcing any signing from yesterday, has been influenced by the possibility of making further signings over the weekend.

1 bumper announcement rather than individual press conferences perhaps?

it's gonna be a shitstorm Jubilee!

Guest wilyfox

If it is gardner, im a bit disapointed. We need someone who reads the game next to Jones or Reda.

He's similar to what we already have.

i'm sure Gardner learned a thing or two from premier league coaches and training alongside the likes of Sol Campbell, Ledley King and Co. he's not similar to what we already have, because none of our other defenders have 10yrs experience in the top-tier of English football - which Gardner's had with Spurs and Hull. Gardner may well become our best defender if he joins. assess his quality, not his stats; but if you're obsessed with figures, he's 6'5" and younger than both Jones and Llera. for those questioning his injury record, Jones, Reda & Buxton endure their fair share as well - but we've still needed their input.

Would not be happy with Gardner, but just remember none of us had a clue about kirkland so it could be someone not reported. We need a young buck who can develop and play 35-40 games a season

we need good players flip what age they are and if it is gardner he fits the bill .for years we been scratching around signing the likes of westwood ,maddix,,diallo ,purse ,coughlin,hinds etc etc and now we can afford a bit of quality some people still arnt happy .

Can't believe the negativity I've read so far.

This lad will be a good signing, Dave Jones knows what he's doing. Lots of experience and the guy is MASSIVE and strong and powerful in the air, very good signing for this level. Read about the 30 games a season but was he even on loan at Palace and available all that time?

The fact Palace want him to stay but he'd rather come here signals his ambition, and that our status is starting to rise rapidly again. Seems everyone knew about and saw clips of our final day promotion (like Kirkland said) and players now want to play for us again!

This should only lead to more good high profile signings, great news.

we need good players flip what age they are and if it is gardner he fits the bill .for years we been scratching around signing the likes of westwood ,maddix,,diallo ,purse ,coughlin,hinds etc etc and now we can afford a bit of quality some people still arnt happy .

Exactly.

And anyway experience is most important at the back, you need more youth in more attacking positions.

And it's not like Buxton and Reda are old anyway, so I don't have a problem with this signing at all. We still might see another defender in anyway.

Guest wilyfox

How many left-footed defenders have we got now?

Llera

Reda

Jones

Beevers

Reynolds

+ Bennett, Dan Jones, and now probably Gardner.

Guest Sniper1

How many left-footed defenders have we got now?

Llera

Reda

Jones

Beevers

Reynolds

Beevers will be captain of the development squad and Reynolds will be f'ked off back to jockland.