OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I'm sure jeffers signing was the brain child if Dave Allen ,he made laws sign him

Kavan Walker and an 'agent' more like...

Welcome to the MASSIVE Chris Kirkland.

Exciting times.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

In my honest view I think this is a poor signing. I have never rated him as a goalkeeper and the term 'England International is being used very loosely.

The guy is injury prone and like mentioned not very good.

I've heard all of this "if he stays fit" rubbish loads of times and they never stay fit. Look at the many examples, those being Keiron Dyer, Michael Owen and our very own Francis Jeffers. They never stay fit, and therefore this signing is in my view poor and will cost us a fortune.

The thing is your concerns are totally unfounded. History of injuries yes. However, it's no skin off mine, yours or anyone elses nose that Milan once more has decided to roll the dice. Kirkland being brought to Hillsborough could be the bargain of the century....If not Milan has lost his roll of the dice and he commits to corrective surgery once again. But suppose he wins and Kirkland delivers 25 clean sheets. At the bargain basement this could be a great great signing. Quality keeper for me and I know I was broought up watching Ron Springett !

Mandaric hasn't just signed him on a whim, he knows the risks. I think it's a brilliant signing, there is no way there isn't any sort of injury clause in his contract and if there isn't an injury he'll be the best keeper in the Championship by a country mile.

if Kirkland can stay fit .,.... a big IF ... then we have one of the best keepers outside of the prem .. no poo poo ...

i hope the kid can stay fit ... because this might be an absolutely key signing ....

could you imagine us having a keeper of this calibre ...

all the best Kirks!

I've just read the first 3 pages of this thread and im gob smacked.

We have signed potentially the best keeper weve had since pressman, yes he has a record of injuries but he also has a sustained record of playing so many games that well that he was given an England cap.

Many of you have concerns about his injury record or are already complaining that 2 years is bad deal, i wonder if your the same people who kicked off and posted utter sh!t when MM sacked megson, has Mandaric made a bad decision for us yet?

I know this is a forum for peoples opinions, but imo everyone who has slated the guy on this thread before he's even trained with us shouldn't be in a SWFC forum, go back to playing runescape and fapping to midget goblins.

Welcome to Hillsborough Chris!

Guest Brid owl 1

I can honestly hand on heart say ive never been bored or sad enough to feel the need to trawl the internet and read another clubs forum !!!!!!

THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Every thread has other fans posting I've never been or wanted to go on other teams forum ( except links on ere to stupid pigs forum )

Guest Ratty-owl

What if (likely) Kirkland picks up yet another injury, which we could have picked up 2 good players on his wages.

IFS AND BUTS!

The facts at this moment is that Kirkland is injury prone, he will be the biggest earner and was he ever an international?

How do you know what deal he is on? or anyone else for that matter.

Maybe Milan and PA have got him on such a deal that if he gets crocked first game it will not matter, yes he has agreed a 2 year deal, but the contents of that deal have not been revealed.

Guest Brid owl 1

Good for you bad choice of a goalie though

Only time will tell if he can get some confidence in him he could be bk to a top class keeper

Edited by Brid owl 1

Guest Ratty-owl

Do you think he will be on more than 8-10k?

I really don't know AMB, but I very much doubt it mate we all know Milan is very frugal yet very clever with his cash.

The thing is your concerns are totally unfounded. History of injuries yes. However, it's no skin off mine, yours or anyone elses nose that Milan once more has decided to roll the dice. Kirkland being brought to Hillsborough could be the bargain of the century....If not Milan has lost his roll of the dice and he commits to corrective surgery once again. But suppose he wins and Kirkland delivers 25 clean sheets. At the bargain basement this could be a great great signing. Quality keeper for me and I know I was broought up watching Ron Springett !

Agree with you Nev and reading Kirkland's interview earlier in the thread he seems to be managing his 'condition' now only time will tell but as others have said yes it's a two year contract but likely the contract has many bonuses for appearences, clean sheets etc. Milan and Paul Aldridge aren't daft and ths could turn out to our best signing in years

I think he will be on just slightly more than £10k seen as he has played for Liverpool and Wigan and I imagine he was on at least 30k at both those. This is a free transfer too, so I expect him to perhaps be offering more in wages.

Who knows, but he will be one of top earners.

I agree we need a goalie, but just not this one.

In my opinion, Jones and Mandaric will not be so stupid as to gamble with 10k a week and not put an injury clause in the contract. Guys with their experience? It's a very, very clever and calculated gamble.

Chris Kirkland.

Not going to repeat what's been said over and over again already.

We all know that if Kirkland plays then he will be in the top 2/3 keepers in the championship.

The biggest thing im taking from this is the message it sends out to the rest of the championship and our other transfer targets.

Sheffield Wednesday have shown their hand and its says that we aren't here to make up the numbers.

Good start to the summer business.

Agree

Guest Johnyowl34

Kirkland, who has 1 full

England cap and has been

selected for the national

squad on numerous

occasions is said to have

undergone an extensive 5-

hour medical with the Owls

on Wednesday.

Not sure i buy all this "he will be earning 10k malarkey/he will be our top earner".

He will be on a decent wage, but I'm not convinced that there would have been clubs queueing around the block to sign him.

That has nothing to do with him not being good (he is a quality keeper), it is because he has been injury prone for a large extent of his career.

Unlike in the past, when it comes to players of Kirklands ilk (injury prone), we should be in the driving seat and have the upper hand in negotiations.

judging by how come jeffers got a mile near our club that means flip all

Jeffers was fit when he signed for us. If you went to games at that time, you must've been at the Brittania, when Ryan Shawcross effectively ended his career, with that tackle from behind. jeffers may have been a bit of a sick note before he joined us, but he'd got fit and was playing well, before the Shawcross assault. If your memory goes even further back, you'll remember that what Shawcross did to Jeffers was almost exactly the same as the assault on Hirtsy by Steve Bould which effectivelly ended Hirtsy's career.

Oh right ok..

Yeah i suppose it could be..

Saying that i would have thought all the details would have been done with regards Lee, it's just a matter of announcing it but obviously there is a delay on that..

Ward..hmmm i'm not sure on that one...pretty tough competition for him...450k would/could that be better spent elsewhere?

Is it really out of the question that it could be Klasnic?

Seems that Lee is a Wednesday player.

Guest intercity0wl

Seems that Lee is a Wednesday player.

Reall does make one wonder what they class as high wages,I remember Mr Hill the Dingles boss coming out with the same sentiments when we signed one of his targts COG.