OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Fantastic signing hope we will see the back of Bywater now, talking to a Derby season ticket holder this morning and he said

"he's crap you never know what he's going to do next, to erratic and a bit of a nutter" and he's seen a lot more of him than us.

He's overated and will get found out in the championship with better strickers hitting the target more often, well done Dave.

Fantastic signing hope we will see the back of Bywater now, talking to a Derby season ticket holder this morning and he said

"he's crap you never know what he's going to do next, to erratic and a bit of a nutter" and he's seen a lot more of him than us.

He's overated and will get found out in the championship with better strickers hitting the target more often, well done Dave.

We were also told by other fans that Llera was shi!te, and wouldnt even make the bench. Not everyones opinion is correct.

Guest sal1

Apart from dropping lowe lol

:tango: ...... sign of a good manager that. Doing the wrong thing occasionally and still coming up smelling of roses

Guest sal1

Two things which cannot be contested.

1) This signing is a gamble.

2) We can't evaluate whether the gamble has paid off or not until he has been at the club for at least a year if not the entire duration of his contract.

Yes that's a pretty good summary of all signings.

Depends how the contract is written, as to whether it is a gamble or not.

This is a great signing, dunno why there are so many negative posts. I think MM, PA and DJ will have ensured that we are not signing a dud, and if we are there are contingencies in place.

We were also told by other fans that Llera was shi!te, and wouldnt even make the bench. Not everyones opinion is correct.

That was just a second opinion this morning, I've never rated him since he came here and as I said he will get found out in the championship with better strickers hitting the target more often.

Where as i've always rated Llera and would have dropped Jone's once his goals dried up, Jones is too slow for the championship which is a pity and I think will be behind Beevers in the pecking order.

That was just a second opinion this morning, I've never rated him since he came here and as I said he will get found out in the championship with better strickers hitting the target more often.

Where as i've always rated Llera and would have dropped Jone's once his goals dried up, Jones is too slow for the championship which is a pity and I think will be behind Beevers in the pecking order.

Actually, i was talking about Blackpool and Charlton (i think) fans saying we had signed a donkey. His performances last season suggested the opposite. Cant see why you dont rate him, stick some more championship players in the mix and most of our remaining squad will be capable in this league.

The thought of Jones in the starting 11 worries me, hes too slow and was found out at this level before. Llera is a much better option.

Actually, i was talking about Blackpool and Charlton (i think) fans saying we had signed a donkey. His performances last season suggested the opposite. Cant see why you dont rate him, stick some more championship players in the mix and most of our remaining squad will be capable in this league.

The thought of Jones in the starting 11 worries me, hes too slow and was found out at this level before. Llera is a much better option.

Sorry, Jones will be behind Beevers who will be behind Llera, who for me is our No1 centre back,

we could do with signing another which will be on Dave Jones wanted list.

Guest CovfanDan

Alright again!

IF he stays fit its one helluva goalie youve got. As has been said, his career has been blighted by these back injuries, which aint great for a keeper is it! He was a fans favourite with us and could well have gone onto to get more England caps (i think he got one and his old man had but that bet on), hope he stays fit, deserves a decent run at a club. Strange to give him a two year deal rather than 1 or pay a you play, but he'll be one of the best keepers in the league if he stays fit.

Haha and yeah he does wear a cap a fair bit, but he's a big old unit so the cap looks like a schoolboys one! Dont see as many keepers wearing caps as it goes do yer, plenty about in the 80's, but then it was probably sunnier in the 80's Saying that, the 80's were better for most things, no Premier League about being one of them!! Ive noticed that ive writ nearly as much about Kirkland the goalie as i have about his cap, so i'll leave it there i think..

Guest CovfanDan

Erm, no to be honest. Theres too much turmoil at the club, owned by a hedge fund SISU who have got rid of King, Gunnarsson, Turner, Westwood to name a few and are now coming to terms with the fact that you cant keep selling your assets and hope to still compete.

We dont own the ground so revenue is somewhat restricted, no income from the pop concerts (how old do I sound bloody hell im only 30!) or drink and food bought on matchdays.

All in all we need them out of our club and hope we still have a club in August. Blimey, i need a drink...

Guest CovfanDan

The ground is run by ACL, Arena Coventry Ltd, we are merely tenants. Its owned by The Cov Council and Alan Higgs Charity. So whoever took us over, i'm guessing would have to deal with SISU for the club, then two other parties for the ground.

The ground is run by ACL, Arena Coventry Ltd, we are merely tenants. Its owned by The Cov Council and Alan Higgs Charity. So whoever took us over, i'm guessing would have to deal with SISU for the club, then two other parties for the ground.

you should have stayed at highfield road,a good ground which was just the right size for cov .