OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Guest sal1

As for the comment saying the squad is weaker. Wow.

I'm guessing that he's referring to the fact that as things stand we don't have Antonio, Batth and Treacy. That makes us weaker at present. It will change of course

What's the basis for people losing their sh*t over Heaton?

Have people just seen his name banded around on here, seen he's younger and decided that's the player we all want despite the fact nobody really knows swizz all about him? Exactly like Cody McDonald last year?

Crazy how people are just assuming he is a good goalkeeper still. He hasn't played for 2 seasons, how do you know? did you pop to a reserve game and see him? when he did play he played 4 premier league games and let 12 in!! I hope he is amazing but I think everyone needs to relax a bit, he wasn't even number 2 last season, Pollitt was, a 40 year old!

Hasn't played a game for us yet. . .and a few knobbers are already saying he isn't up to it.

Good old OT matchday.

Laughable isn't it. It's my pet hate about our fans, whenever we make a signing people write them off straight away for one reason or another. Why not give them a chance and get behind them

tbh as above keepers can play way above their 30's if they prepare properly ,Kirkland has come in with a wealth of experiance , and if his injuries are really behind him i have high hopes he will prove his worth to swfc , i have been through the injury scenario , and was told in no way i would play again ,

that was when i decided i would , and tbh through hard work i achieved my aim , what i am saying is there is a way to beat bad injuries if you want to, and it looks like Kirkland wants to ,good luck to him and as i say we will benefit ,

hes hardly played the last few years, hes the type of gamble we shouldnt be making. weve signed so many crocks before that just soak up the money. im so disapointed. if he stays fit I will eat my wednesday shorts and sock.

No salt and pepper though lol

What's the basis for people losing their sh*t over Heaton?

Have people just seen his name banded around on here, seen he's younger and decided that's the player we all want despite the fact nobody really knows swizz all about him? Exactly like Cody McDonald last year?

They aren't. They are expressing a preference. Some people would prefer a policy of signing up and coming players in the Lee, Heaton mould. It's just an opinion.

Guest sal1

Laughable isn't it. It's my pet hate about our fans, whenever we make a signing people write them off straight away for one reason or another. Why not give them a chance and get behind them

Comments good or bad keep the site alive. Only thing that really matters is that DJ thinks its a good move for SWFC and so far he seems to know what he's doing.

I'm guessing that he's referring to the fact that as things stand we don't have Antonio, Batth and Treacy. That makes us weaker at present. It will change of course

Fair point, I'm forgetting (stupidly too to be honest) the loanees.

Hawkeye come on, I said its early days. The real test of our ambition will come later when we have to pay fees for players Whats the going rate for a decent striker at this level, £2-£3 million, will we be prepared to pay that?

Are you suggesting that because we havent paid £3m for a player, we arent signing anyone decent?

Experience tells us Milan wont be signing anyone for millions, but look at the signings we've made based on the budget we had - it got us out of league one. So im going to trust DJ and Milan to spend the right amount of money in the championship.

We cant afford to be spunking cash everywhere, the balance between ambition and reality was what got us in the sh!te in the first place.

i cannot understand why some people are being so flipping negative

and a few nobbers are saying hes the best thing ever. not played for 2 seasons - he must be bang in form

Best thing ever? No

Player with Premiership experience, who completed 3 season in a row with over 30 games (2007/2008,2008/2009,2009/2010) who then never got chance to reclaim the #1 shirt due to Al Habzi? Yes

I understand that people concerned about our records in past with injuries, but he isn't no Jeffers, he suffered 2 back spasms for 2 clubs past 2 seasons. How do you know that that isn't sorted now?

I think some of you need a reality check on the sort of players we'll be signing.

Kirkland has played 126 times in the last 6 years - 21 games a season. Given he's played second fiddle at Wigan for the past 2 seasons, has he really missed THAT much football due to injury in this time?

He wasn't second fiddle, he was 3rd!