OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Guest Sniper1

Chris Kirkland.

Not going to repeat what's been said over and over again already.

We all know that if Kirkland plays then he will be in the top 2/3 keepers in the championship.

The biggest thing im taking from this is the message it sends out to the rest of the championship and our other transfer targets.

Sheffield Wednesday have shown their hand and its says that we aren't here to make up the numbers.

Good start to the summer business.

Guest JC Saviour

I'm sure all the flipping hypocrites will be saying, 'why the hell are we signing a crock' when I will reply' well, you trust in what DJ does'. Explain that one. By the way, I'm not having a dig at DJ. This keeper has the worse injury record. FACT.

Guest Sheff Owl

When was the last time a presenter on Sky Sports News said breaking news Sheffield Wednesday have signed (insert players name)?

Couldn't believe it when hearing it tonight..

I was really keen on Heaton as I saw it as a chance to capitalise on signing a solid young keeper who is in decent shape a bit like what we did with Lee Grant.

If Kirkland performs and stays fit he will probably be better than Tom Heaton but at face value, Heaton seems a safer signing. Who knows, perhaps Heaton turned us down?

Chris Kirkland.

We all know that if Kirkland plays then he will be in the top 2/3 keepers in the championship.

The biggest thing im taking from this is the message it sends out to the rest of the championship and our other transfer targets.

Sheffield Wednesday have shown their hand and its says that we aren't here to make up the numbers.

What Kirkland says on the OS is also key. He saw the crowd, the atmosphere and celebrations on the last day and it was a real eye opener. It will have whet a few appetites.

A bit of a risk, particularly on a two year deal, but I trust Dave Jones judgement.

Kirkland had the potential to be an England international, but unfortunately injuries have blighted his career from the get go.

Doesn't sound like he had a great time at Doncaster. . .but then who did last season?

We shall wait and see.

This two year deal though...maybe there were clauses that he has to reach a certain number of games? Hopefully we aren't pricing ourselves too far off the mark.

Great signing.

Also, if we sign Becchio then I will streak round Sheffield!

Guest Sheff Owl

If we can get 30 games out of Neil Mellor, we can get the same out of Kirkland.

Looking forward to a few more signings now, hopefully Antonio will be announced shortly.

Really hope we manage to get him...quicker we can announce it the happier i will be.

He is so important and such a good player.

When was the last time a presenter on Sky Sports News said breaking news Sheffield Wednesday have signed (insert players name)?

Couldn't believe it when hearing it tonight..

Really? Didn`t see that. Just goes to show that we could be acquiring a top class keeper if he can sort his fitness issues out.

I was really keen on Heaton as I saw it as a chance to capitalise on signing a solid young keeper who is in decent shape a bit like what we did with Lee Grant.

If Kirkland performs and stays fit he will probably be better than Tom Heaton but at face value, Heaton seems a safer signing. Who knows, perhaps Heaton turned us down?

perhaps we never wanted him .....theres been nothing from the club about signing heaton .

Really hope we manage to get him...quicker we can announce it the happier i will be.

He is so important and such a good player.

Would show real intent to announce signings of such quality.

A premier league quality goalkeeper, a winger with the limitless potential Antonio has, would be the start of a really competitive looking championship squad.

Guest JC Saviour

Chris Kirkland.

His injury record is of no concern.then. Why does it send out a message other than Wednesday sign crock goalies or am I reading this wrong.

If we can get 30 games out of Neil Mellor, we can get the same out of Kirkland.

Looking forward to a few more signings now, hopefully Antonio will be announced shortly.

We're signing Mellor too? Even better.

Kirkland throws the ball to Koumas, Koumas storms to the byeline, beating four defenders, he crosses to the far post, Mellor nods it down to Owen, GOALLLL!

Guest Sheff Owl

Really? Didn`t see that. Just goes to show that we could be acquiring a top class keeper if he can sort his fitness issues out.

Yeah the guy (Julian Warren i think) said something like..

"We have breaking news from Sheffield Wednesday...they have signed ex England international Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on a 2 year deal"

This two year deal though...maybe there were clauses that he has to reach a certain number of games? Hopefully we aren't pricing ourselves too far off the mark.

Great signing.

Also, if we sign Becchio then I will streak round Sheffield!

if it's as cold as it is on the east coast tonight mate i don't envy yer

Guest Newark_Owl

Very interesting signing, certainly one we didn't expect.... however for some reason i keep thinking we only signed him because Agent Wilson of S2 was wanting to sign him... #uto