OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

perhaps we never wanted him .....theres been nothing from the club about signing heaton .

Yes, perhaps. Although as DJ signed him before I suspect there would have been interest of some kind if he was free and we were looking for a keeper.

Guest Sheff Owl

Would show real intent to announce signings of such quality.

A premier league quality goalkeeper, a winger with the limitless potential Antonio has, would be the start of a really competitive looking championship squad.

Agreed.

The thing that concerns me with Kirkland is his injuries, this is why i'm shocked we brought him in...if he can keep fit then obviously it's a good signing.

Antonio is gonna be a star and is certainly worth the money quoted, i just hope we can get him in with other Championship clubs sniffing.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Batth, i know it's unlikely but while ever there is still a chance..

I'm excited to see how is next..

This two year deal though...maybe there were clauses that he has to reach a certain number of games? Hopefully we aren't pricing ourselves too far off the mark.

Great signing.

Also, if we sign Becchio then I will streak round Sheffield!

Will you also set light to the firework up your ass on the Town Hall stairs?

Guest Sheff Owl

Don't know how true this is but just received a text (think it was sent a lot earlier but has only just come through - strange)

Anyway it said heard about Kirkland signing and apparently 2 other players have had medicals..

Don't know how true this is but just received a text (think it was sent a lot earlier but has only just come through - strange)

Anyway it said heard about Kirkland signing and apparently 2 other players have had medicals..

Could one be a full back and the other a CB?

Guest Sheff Owl

Could one be a full back and the other a CB?

Not sure i'll talk to them tomorrow and get the goss..

Have you heard something then?

Guest Sheff Owl

No mate. Just assuming with the most likely targets / signings being Lee and Ward

Oh right ok..

Yeah i suppose it could be..

Saying that i would have thought all the details would have been done with regards Lee, it's just a matter of announcing it but obviously there is a delay on that..

Ward..hmmm i'm not sure on that one...pretty tough competition for him...450k would/could that be better spent elsewhere?

Is it really out of the question that it could be Klasnic?

Becchio and Moxey?

Guest Sniper1

I'm sure all the flipping hypocrites will be saying, 'why the hell are we signing a crock' when I will reply' well, you trust in what DJ does'. Explain that one. By the way, I'm not having a dig at DJ. This keeper has the worse injury record. FACT.

What the f'k are you on about?

Guest Sheff Owl

Becchio and Moxey?

HA HA HA

I received the text and thought "ooohhh i wonder who that could be"..

But it never crossed my mind about them 2 even tho i was talking about them earlier. :laugh:

Guest Sniper1

His injury record is of no concern.then. Why does it send out a message other than Wednesday sign crock goalies or am I reading this wrong.

Im not concerned no, any player can pick up an injury, every player we sign will have had an injury at some stage.

What we need to do is use the positivity of promotion and build on it, why concern ourselves with something that might not happen.

Kirkland is a top Keeper.