OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

we will see but dont come on here slagging him before he has played or even trained for us

This is the thing right, I have seen him train, and I've seen him play (well until he replaced by The Pole in Goal) and unfortunately he was chrronicallly injury prone. That was 7 years ago

So you know the full facts about me and my life following Wednesday do you?

Iam sure Baggiehy is big and daft enough to have a debate with me without a keyboard warrier like yourself having to spout complete bullsxxt to defend him.

Irony alert.

You got any thoughts on this signing Sheff Owl M8?

He is very concerned about the length of the 2 year contract given what he has read about his injury record.

Surprised you missed it, its on every page of the thread.

Edited by Pulixifer

Not seen Kirkland play for a good while. Worried about his injury record but I'm sure everyone concerned feels the same, Chris included.

Fingers crossed he gets a good pre-season under his belt.

Could turn out to be a real capture or a total disaster.

I'm not a keyboard warrior but you obvoiusly missed how many posts our West Brom friend has. So he hardly trawls sites does he, get yer facts right before having a go and less of the swearing dipstick.

Mole Hill and Mountain ring any bells?

Lot's of men have back problems in their 20's. They can clear up, and with Pilates, and acupuncture he probably knows how to look after himself now.

Bit of a gamble, but if it comes off, we've got ourselves a 2 million pound goalie for nothing.

Not seen Kirkland play for a good while. Worried about his injury record but I'm sure everyone concerned feels the same, Chris included.

Fingers crossed he gets a good pre-season under his belt.

Could turn out to be a real capture or a total disaster.

You could say that for almost every signing to be fair.

A quick note on Francis Jeffers for everybody noting how injury ruined his career at Hillsborough. Jeffers returned from injury and had an extended run in the side, where he had plenty of opportunities to show what kind of of player he could be. Which he duly took by being complete and utter poo .

Guest Sheff Owl

You got any thoughts on this signing Sheff Owl M8?

Can't say - best keep them to myself...

(Love the sarcasm btw) :happy::biggrin:

Understand the concern about the injuries but you look at his bio and he played a surprising number of games for Wigan. Also, not like it was always long-term injury after long-term injury. More a catalogue of unfortunate, sometimes innocuous, ones where the replacement's come in and done well and that's prolonged spell on sidelines.

Don't understand the concern about the contract. MM and PA have more business sense than us lot on here and seeing as the financial well-being of the club and the contracts we hand out impact upon them more directly than us, whilst here and on their exit, I think we can rest easy that it'll be sensible. PA has talked about moving towards incentivised contracts rather than them being fixed - I'd assume this is a prime e.g. of that.

Welcome to Hillsborough Chris, Hopefully you will have a big part to play next year in establishing us as a decent championship side.

I would imagine that the contract will be a pretty basic weekly sum with decent bonuses attached to appearances. hopefully this will mitigate some of the risk from the clubs perspective...

Guest Big Guns

He's probably better up front than Jeffers.

UTO's

I'm sure jeffers signing was the brain child if Dave Allen ,he made laws sign him

Milan Mandaric is different class to Alan