OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Guest Sheff Owl

Very interested in hearing from DJ on this.

The jury is well and truly out for me, yes very good keeper but injuries have constantly blighted him.

On top of that a 2 year deal is crazy IMO, i hope we have some sort of get out clause.

Medicals are all well and good, but in reality we know they don't mean much. Kieron Dyer passes medical after medical, look at him. For me some players just aren't worth the risk.

Having said that, as a 'keeper you get a little more lee way.

see where you are coming from Matt , but i meant possibly knowing his past surely the medical would have been more stringent

Guest utOwlz

Cant see anyone coming in for Weaver to be honest, although i think id prefer Bywater as our 2nd choice keeper. Surely we wont have 3 senior keepers on the wage bill?

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

On 25 November, Kirkland joined his hometown Leicester City on loan until January. A back spasm suffered during training in early December nearly ended his stint at the club

On October 12, 2011, Kirkland joined nPower Championship Doncaster Rovers on loan until January after attracting interest from new manager Dean Saunders. Less than a week into his loan spell, however, Kirkland was sent back to parent club Wigan following another back spasm.

Or in other words, he didn't want to stay at these clubs on loan so he chucked one in.

Chris Kirkland's career record

Coventry City

Apps 29

Liverpool

Apps 45

West Bromwich Albion

Apps 12

Wigan Athletic

Apps 134

Leicester City

Apps 3

Doncaster Rovers

Apps 1

England U'21

Apps 8

England 1

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Chris Kirkland.

Edited by aeroswfc

I know you play in Blue & White, but, are you a retirement home for our ex player? :laugh: Remember to sign Tomaz Kuszczak so he can steal his place in the starting XI

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Cant see anyone coming in for Weaver to be honest, although i think id prefer Bywater as our 2nd choice keeper. Surely we wont have 3 senior keepers on the wage bill?

Bywater has not agreed terms, has he?

Guest Sheff Owl

Surely going into a season with just Weaver and Kirkland is a huge risk??

Both of them haven't exactly been in tip top form.

We need to keep Bywater.

Guest Gordo_Owl

Dunt matter about bywater he's not very good kirlands different class you should all be well happy with this

Agreed!

Guest utOwlz

Bywater has not agreed terms, has he?

Nothing agreed as of yet, im just saying in an ideal world id like to move Weaver on and have Bywater as our back up. But will anyone come in for Weaver, id guess not so were stuck with him.