OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

I've got faith that Mandaric would never sanction a contract that would leave us open to paying vast amounts for someone who won't play. He's hardly thrown money around without a care in the transfer market so I trust we'll be suitably protected in this contract.

No doubt at all on Kirkland's ability.

Guest utOwlz

Surely going into a season with just Weaver and Kirkland is a huge risk??

Both of them haven't exactly been in tip top form.

We need to keep Bywater.

Agree with this, Weaver and Kirkland have had loads of injuries in recent times, hope we keep Bywater and manage to move Weaver on.

I know you play in Blue & White, but, are you a retirement home for our ex player? :laugh: Remember to sign Tomaz Kuszczak so he can steal his place in the starting XI

I can honestly hand on heart say ive never been bored or sad enough to feel the need to trawl the internet and read another clubs forum !!!!!!

Has the potential to be the best signing we have made in years, obviously he has a history of injury problems but he is seriously good, hopefully he is past that now and can be a star.

Best keeper in this division, great start to the summers signings if you ask me.

Bloody hell this came out of nowhere! Just makes you wonder what other potential deals Jones has going on right now.

And i'd be happy with this deal if it was based on appearances, surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to give him a normal 2 year contract.

Really not sure about this one. He says he's been fit for 2 seasons but im pretty sure what Sheffowl says about him getting injured on loan at Donny is true.

If he stays fit he's a quality championship keeper, but surely thats a big if. I suppose he has been playing reserve team games to keep fit and show he's ready when needed, but the fact he got injured straight into a loan spell is pretty worrying.

All that talk of Koumas on a pay as you play type deal, we could have done with Kirkland on it tbh.

I can honestly hand on heart say ive never been bored or sad enough to feel the need to trawl the internet and read another clubs forum !!!!!!

He's a regular and welcome contributor to these boards, IMO.

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm really concerned about the 2 year deal...i hope we have something in the contract that will cover us, surely we can't be that silly just to give him a 2 year deal straight out?

Looking forward to hearing what Jones says...

Really not sure about this one. He says he's been fit for 2 seasons but im pretty sure what Sheffowl says about him getting injured on loan at Donny is true.

If he stays fit he's a quality championship keeper, but surely thats a big if. I suppose he has been playing reserve team games to keep fit and show he's ready when needed, but the fact he got injured straight into a loan spell is pretty worrying.

All that talk of Koumas on a pay as you play type deal, we could have done with Kirkland on it tbh.

He did get injured and wasn't even second choice at Wigan, amazed how many people think this is a brilliant signing, its not, its a gamble!