OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Absolutely gobsmacked by this signing - I think he's an excellent keeper, easily Premiership standard when fit. I feel genuinely amazed that we've secured his signature - and to me this feels like a real statement of intent.

People saying they're disappointed if this means we don't get Heaton. Why? Based on what?

Other than injury record, what makes people cream over him?

Heaton was offered a contract renewal by Man U at 22/23 and turned it down to seek first team football. Says a lot about his as player and person: you don't get offered renewal by Man U at that age unless good and fact turned it down to play, says a lot about attitude.

Seemed to bet getting resounding vote of confidence from fans of club he was leaving. When does that happen? Next to never.

Kirkland is/was quality. When he first came on scene over ten years ago, I thought he'd have career Joe Hart is now having. He was that good. Seemed head and shoulders above rest his age. Sure he'll do well for us, if can stay fit. Just disappointed about Heaton because stability in net is a good thing so age, injury record and quality would have boded well for having good keeper for years to come.

Guest Sheff Owl

Your beyond a dope. You should stick to the expletives at least then your not being a hypocrite.

Hyprocrite?Ooohh big words and yeah course.

Anyway boring, have more fun watching paint dry.

Oh loving the -1 BTW..carry on.

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Heaton, Kirkland and Bywater/Weaver would a class set of keepers to have in the Championship

Guest Big Guns

what does impress me is that we managed to sign someone without the @percy types theorising and plucking names from FM There seems to have been a lot of red herrings thrown around as cover

My mate in the pub never mentioned this either...

Great signing.

He has fitness issues but I don't believe the club would have offered him a contract if they weren't confident he would play enough games. Jones is a shrewd operator and Mandaric's ambition doesn't stretch to wasting money throwing it around on just anybody.

Mole Hill and Mountain ring any bells?

Yep used to have mole hills in our old garden till we caught it, happened to stick its neck out one day and my spade happened to be in the right place. Mountains luv em as I like Austria and Switzerland. WAWAW

Well he's played 30 games for Cardiff this season so for a team that finished 6th in this league to be hyping him would suggest something to me.

Still finished as second choice. Weaver has been our second choice and I think he is good, but is Heaton any different to that? Would have been happy to see Heaton come if he was deemed good enough by the club, but likewise happy to see Kirkland and so not bothered if we miss Heaton. Course, the way we are going we could sign both and three more besides!

Really? How many posters on here have seen Heaton, or McDonald play?

I've never seen Mario Gotze play but it doesnt mean he's not good. And if you had read the comments from Cardiff fans after they heard he would be allowed to leave, plus he played 30 for them and they finsihed 6th in this league last year. Plus he's been through the Man Utd youth system and that does count for something.