OFFICIAL - Chris Kirkland Signs

Not really enough to big the guy up though is it.

How is it not though?

If we bigged Madine up having seen him all season as we do. What else do other teams fans have to go on? We dont know any of the players personally but we know more about Madine then any other fans in the country. Cardiff fans have seen him 30 times, how is that not enough to pass judgement in him? Who can we judge if we cant judge people after seeing them 30 times.

Well we've signed an England international!

Who was the last one we signed?

FJ9?

Your beyond a dope. You should stick to the expletives at least then your not being a hypocrite.

How many posts have you made in this thread?

Guest foreverSWFC

I can't get my head around this one, came out of nowhere and i'm sure Heaton would have been a better option.

Can't see him being number 1, i hope he gets his form back but i can't see it happening, injury has ruined his career. If he is hungry to prove everyone wrong good on him and i hope he does, but he doesn't look like a keeper who will play week in week out for us.

Wow! didn't see this coming, first and instant reaction from me is MASSIVE GAMBLE BUT..............if he can stay fit we will have one of the best keepers in the Championship without any doubt, the key to it all is staying clear of injuries, what is happening to that Heaton fella, will be come as no 2? are we outing Bywater and Weaver - scratching my head here but he might be past his injuries, lets give him a crack.

Yeah that was proved to be way OTT.

Mind you ALF turned out ok for Reading.

I think the Heaton spaffing is a bit over the top but I still think i'd rather have him than Kirkland.

Wonder what the breakdown with Heaton was?

Does anyone actually know if we were definitely after heaton? All DJ said on the radio last week that he didn`t talk about players that aren`t ours.

Guest Sheff Owl

How many posts have you made in this thread?

His ONLY contribution was to pick on my posts and -1 me constantly, yes i repeated something (twice i think) but doesn't everyone on here.

Are you referring to the back spasms here?

As someone who used to suffer from them, I'd have to say there is no reason for them to get worse with age and as the treatment/strengthening and management is an ongoing process, it is usual for the problem to improve over the years.

My back is in a far better condition now in my 40s than it was in my 30s and not had trouble for 7-8 years.

It all depends on what is causing the spasms - and if it is just spasms

Not too sure on this signing but I trust DJ & MM

He's a great keeper but he's had so many injury problems I can't see him staying fit

If he has shaken off all his injury troubles then we've got a quality keeper on our hands

How is it not though?

If we bigged Madine up having seen him all season as we do. What else do other teams fans have to go on? We dont know any of the players personally but we know more about Madine then any other fans in the country. Cardiff fans have seen him 30 times, how is that not enough to pass judgement in him? Who can we judge if we cant judge people after seeing them 30 times.

Sorry - I probably should have said more in my response. What I mean is it's not really enough to say we're disappointed he hasn't signed over Kirkland just because Cardiff fans were impressed by him - if you get what I mean.

Plus - just looking at his stats an he only played 10 games last season, and only 2 in the championship.

I'm probably being harsh on the guy as I've genuinely never heard of him until he was mentioned on here.

I'm usually right n never tweet rumours, hope uve noticed that if u follow me. Kirkland an bywater to be main keepers, Jameson to be loaned out n weaver to be player coach cos he's knackered. In Kirkland defence he's been fit for 2years n passed a medical so we will see....

Personally I think it's a MASSIVE gamble and one id rather we hadn't taken.

No question he's a good keeper, but it's going to a case of when and not if he breaksdown.

I hope I'm wrong.

I feel much the same, great keeper but we've already got a 30-year old plus injury-prone keeper in Weaver

Sorry - I probably should have said more in my response. What I mean is it's not really enough to say we're disappointed he hasn't signed over Kirkland just because Cardiff fans were impressed by him - if you get what I mean.

Plus - just looking at his stats an he only played 10 games last season, and only 2 in the championship.

I'm probably being harsh on the guy as I've genuinely never heard of him until he was mentioned on here.

Oh right yeah fair enough, I'm sure he's played more than that but anyway doubt we'll be singing any more keepers now.

Hyprocrite?Ooohh big words and yeah course.

Anyway boring, have more fun watching paint dry.

Oh loving the -1 BTW..carry on.

I'm not negging you, even though now that you point it out I probably should be.

You are a hypocrite because you explain my mother must be proud, yet you are the one to start name calling like a 10 year old.

You were right, just going to block you save me the hassle of replying explaining each previous post.

Having thought about this signing a bit, here are my two cents...

This is a huge coup. Kirkland is a player held in high regard who has suffered injury problems - but when fit he is one of the best English 'keepers around.

The fact we have managed to sign him indicates a couple of things; firstly his stock has lessened and secondly our stock has increased. We will not have broken the bank to sign him, and I would have thought (with the people we have in charge) that any contract offer will protect us in case of Kirkland suffering further injury.

Overall I'm happy with the signing.