FABRICE MUAMBA (I know not Wednesday but very important)

Guest Sheff Owl

Unconfirmed obviously, but:

https://twitter.com/...809585638748160

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Fabrice Muamba is speaking French & English & is recognising visitors.

How shit that's huge! Well done Fabrice, you can do it lad!

How so bloody important the intervention of the Spurs/Bolton support staff and the fan Doctor in working on Fabrice all the way and it would appear avoiding brain trauma. A MASSIVE well done.

CPR training for ALL GET WELL FABRICE

Unless you're talking about someone else the Tottenham fan cardiologist went to help but never got there, he confirmed this shortly after the Chinese whispers got things messed up.

Guest CowshedLad

Confirmed that Muamba is recognising people and is speaking words in both French and English ... early stages, but this is fantastic.

His heart had stopped for 2 hours! The lack of oxygen that got to his brain was worrying. I was sure he would be left brain damaged.

Keep fighting Fab

we need abrodie's advice on this and what could happen.but now talking and recognising people is a great start and the best result so far from this weekend.

His heart didn't stop for 2 hours - it didn't beat independently for 2 hours - if his heart was completely stopped for 2 hours he'd have died

The fact he can speak and recognise family members and move his limbs while regaining independent breathing suggests that his neurological status is now not only very promising but indeed very good.

Still not a full recovery by any means but extremely optimistic outlook

This is tremendous news.

As many have already mentioned this shows the importance of CPR training and that everyone should be taught basic First Aid. Whilst you won't bring anyone back using basic CPR you will give someone a fighting chance until the paramedics arrive.

What fantastic news.

Apparently he was communicating in both English and French, which is incredible considering that he couldn't even speak French. ;-)

Seriously though, what wonderful news after such an awful Saturday evening.

Keep going Fabrice!

The real heroes in this case are the people working in hospitals, ambulances etc. They deserve standing ovations and 90 mins of singing the praise. The man who ran out on the field to help, dr.Andrew Deaner, should get his own song, like semedo or something like that.

Speedy recovery Muamba!

Brilliant news....best of luck to the lad!!!!....they were on about the medical 'on call' situation at grounds on 5 live this evening....apparently until Jose Mourinho implemented it at Chelsea and really had ago about it there weren't ambulances on stand by at any games!!!!

thats not true - it might not have been mandatory but i know plenty of clubs who had ambulances based at the ground for players.

Is it just me, or has this really highlighted how disgraceful it is when players throw themselves to the ground and roll around like they have been shot, when they have barely been touched?

Clubs and players should agree to clean this behaviour up, at the very least to show some respect to players who really are seriously injured and stand to lose their career / life

I hope Fabrice makes a full recovery, but I fear a big part of his life is now over which is a real shame

I was thinking exactly this earlier. It makes play acting look sick, and sooner or later someone's dramatics will detract from a serious injury elsewhere on the pitch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9157272/Fabrice-Muamba-asked-his-father-did-we-lose-the-game-after-regaining-consciousness-following-heart-attack.html

The condition of the 23 year-old has improved significantly following his sudden heart attack, to the point where he has been able to speak some words, in both French and English.

Family friend Aime Esalo told The Sun: "He was told the match was called off while the two teams were drawing 1-1. Fabrice asked why they had stopped it and his father said, 'Because of you'."

Muamba also asked about his three-year-old son Joshua in his first words after coming round from a coma, it has been claimed.

The player is still in intensive care at the London Chest Hospital but has amazed his manager, Owen Coyle, with the speed of his recovery.