FABRICE MUAMBA (I know not Wednesday but very important)

Guest Sheff Owl

What a great gesture from Real.

Makes you appreciate quite how global this game truly is and how shocking last nights events were.

Fingers crossed that both Eric and Fabrice make a fully recovery.

Guest foreverSWFC

This really puts things into perspective, we may moan when we aren't playing well and we may get too caught up in our team, but when a tragedy like this happens football does not matter whatsoever. It's so sad it takes something like this for us to realise it when a players life hangs in the balance.

"Football isn't a matter of life and death, I assure you it is much more important than that" Billy Shankly how wrong were you.

another sad story emerging from the cup final in Scotland. Kilmarnock player Liam Kelly's dad had a heart attack just moments after his son won the cup final.

Sad times.

He's died.

Absolutely tragic.

Thoughts with both Muamba, his family, Liam Kelly and his family.

R.I.P Jack Kelly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2116825/Liam-Kellys-dad-dies-Kilmarnock-beat-Celtic-League-Cup.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Fantastic organisation.

They took us for first aid at the pit.

Every adult, especially those with children, should do basic first aid.

St John's offer courses.

Great organisation.

as another ex miner i second that reading , marvelous people

Guest sterlingendeavour

Just shocking news, sincerely hope Fabrice Muamba pulls through, and thoughts to his family.

The response from the footballing public has been fantastic.

I know some of you out there think i am a martyr to the cause in looking after my Mrs ,

But when things like this happen to a young chap it puts what i do into perspective And it pales into insignificance to what fabrice is going through ,

Fabrice ,nor any person deserves to suffer like his family and fabrice must be doing , i can only hope for the best outcome for Fabrice and his family , one so young should not have to face this , Diane and my prayers are with him and his family tonight ,

Keep fighting son and i hope our prayers are answered ,

Guest Bigals

It is very sad and Im truly praying that he survives. I read in the guardian that his heart stopped beating for 2 hours. I read what the doctor on here posted and that doesnt sound good. I cant help thinking that even if he survives he wont be much good. I hope Im wrong and Ive misread the situation (after all Im no medic)

My sons friend died in a similar way. He just died and he was only 15. In itself a really truly dreadful tragedy but to compound it his brother died in the same way about a year later. Their poor parents. I dont think I could go on if two of my lads died. Ive always said that my single most over-riding ambition is to die before any of my kids and (selfishly) before the wife.

Guest Sheff Owl

Great news.

Keep fighting Fabrice.

Another note Chris Samba is getting a private jet to come over to see him and he's bringing Roberto Carlos and Samuel Eto with him.

Unconfirmed obviously, but:

https://twitter.com/#!/SkySportsNews/status/181809585638748160

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Fabrice Muamba is speaking French & English & is recognising visitors.

That would be amazing, if true.

I have got to admit, I thought his case was pretty much without hope.

As near to a real miracle as you could get.