Mark Halsey

Guest Sheff Owl

The thing is we was on the attack a few times and their player went down, ref looked let play go on and then the ref looked again and all of a sudden the player was holding his head so he stopped the game.

It was like the player looked to see what was going on the pitch and thought quick i'll hold me head so he did.

The ref was quite picky IMO players side by side running for the ball, pigs player is out muscled and they get a free kick eh?

I thought he was poor overall. yet again Madine and O'Grady got nothing all game. He was fooled by United diving to the floor but thankfully not by the 7, yes 7 times they tried it in the area. Twice he stopped the game when they fell over when we had the ball, the second time when we were in a position to cross the ball. Quinn kicked the dropped ball out for a throw in in OUR half.

Disappointed me to be honest, and I really rate him as a referee.

United were time wasting and simulating from the very first minute. Yet again, the referee did nothing to stop it. It was the anti-football Charlton came with.

Credit has to be given to him for controlling the game, and issuing no cards whatsoever, which is unheard of in a Steel City derby.

^^^^^^^ This........

As a fellow cancer survivor I have nothing but total respect for Mark Halsey. Sure he got conned a few times by the likes of Evans but I don't think that the Lino on the south stand side gave him any assistance at all. F00kin numpty he was. It wasnt Halsey's best game for sure but compared to the likes of Deadman and Kettle, he was world class.

I thought he was average at best. Should have booked at least 3 of theirs for diving. And seem to give them a lot of free kicks when they bounced off Semedo and COG

think thats about as positive as i could describe him to be honest. bought every dive from that muppet quinn and how he can stop play when madine was in their box ill never know

A few mistakes but on the whole I thought he had a decent game.

I was sure he was going to book Jones in the first half though!

he could'nt book him as he would have had to send him off - Jones was a lucky man. Overall average - fell for most of the pigs antics, but their little nudges in the back; arms in the face went unpunished. The stopped play when maddine was on the edge of the box was a joke