Mark Halsey

Thought he refereed the game very well today. Too far away to see if there were any penalties in the first half, but not to book anyone throughout an entire steel city derby is good going.

Thought he used a lot of common sense, especially early on when rob Jones pushed their man(Harry Mcguire a wednesday fan) in the face. other referees could have for a card out first.

I thought he reffed it well today.

and i have edited it for ya

Harry wears a wednesday logo under his pig shirt every game

and when i heard die piggy piggy die wen he was layed out..............really!

Edited by w.owl

I thought he was poor overall. yet again Madine and O'Grady got nothing all game. He was fooled by United diving to the floor but thankfully not by the 7, yes 7 times they tried it in the area. Twice he stopped the game when they fell over when we had the ball, the second time when we were in a position to cross the ball. Quinn kicked the dropped ball out for a throw in in OUR half.

That was one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen in a match. We're just about to sling the ball in their box with players in a decent position and he stops the game because one of their players is down 60 yards away. Then as you say we get a throw in where their player went down.

Initially thought he was having a shocker and bottled some early big decisions.

However it became apparent that he chose to ignore all of the 50/50 decisions from both sides and just said get on with it.

Suppose that can be construed as good refereeing.

Thought he was excellent. The usual ones we get would have red carded Jones for lifting his arms even if McGuire went down like he'd been shot. No bookings in a derby must be first as well, and he only played the 4 minutes shown on the board and not the normal 7 we get used to.

Frankly, I'm amazed at the support for the ref today! I thought both him and his linesmen were terrible today. Granted, better than we've had in recent times, but he played to the blades diving antics A LOT in the middle of the park. Countless throw in / corner decisions went against us as well

What a bizarre decision to not allow the Wednesday player to contest the drop ball, indicate that they had to give us the ball back only for Quinn to put the ball out for a throw-in deep in our half. We had the ball on the edge of their area when he blew up because the player was down. We would have been better contesting the drop ball but it seemed to me that Halsey wouldnt allow it which is completley against the rules of the game as far as I am aware.

Poor decision from the ref............................but a more scummy decision from United not to give us the ball back properly.

Rob and JP on Wednesdayplayer were tearing their hair out about him....

Not saying he was good Darryl, but it shows how bad the refereeing has been this season when I can honestly say he is probably the most competent ref we have had by a country mile.

Rob and JP on Wednesdayplayer were tearing their hair out about him....

Not saying he was good Darryl, but it shows how bad the refereeing has been this season when I can honestly say he is probably the most competent ref we have had by a country mile.

Guest Triplej2

All in all i thought he did ok, my one gripe would be that at times he was letting all sorts go for both sides but other times he was being over fussy.

One of the better refs at H'boro this season for sure.