Mark Halsey

Thought he refereed the game very well today. Too far away to see if there were any penalties in the first half, but not to book anyone throughout an entire steel city derby is good going.

Thought he used a lot of common sense, especially early on when rob Jones pushed their man in the face. other referees could have for a card out first.

Guest Distraught!

Halsey...........................Deadman = van Persie.........................................Jeffers

About time we had a half decent one!

Guest owl@S10

Nice to see a referee who can ref the occasion as well as the game. Thought he let a he'll a lot go, some that he shouldn't however wasn't fooled by players getting snipered.

Another ref in this league we'd have seen around 4 yellow cards each for nothing challengers.

Disappointed me to be honest, and I really rate him as a referee.

United were time wasting and simulating from the very first minute. Yet again, the referee did nothing to stop it. It was the anti-football Charlton came with.

Credit has to be given to him for controlling the game, and issuing no cards whatsoever, which is unheard of in a Steel City derby.

I remember reading an interview with him and he said that since his cancer he has re-evaluated his life and he wants nto referee games with a smile on his face and not get bogged down by tick-box regulations.

I have seen him ref this season and he has been very good and i think his more unorthodox approach has seen him as the best ref we have now - he refs according to the "pulse" of a game and doesn't spoil it with needlessly getting bogged down with irrelevant minutiae

But it does amaze me how many expert refs we have on here who can judge every decision expertly via the medium of radio commentary

Thought he was pretty good, although he got a bit picky about throw ins.

You can book someone for diving but there is no way for him to know if the "injuries" the pigs sustained when we were in good positions, making us stop and bring back play, were genuine or not.

How bizarre was the final whistle? I thought he'd given them a free kick for time wasting.

Yep the final whistle was a real anti climax, until we realised it had happenned!